ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by CR001 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:10 pm

Annonymous wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:07 pm
Hi
I've found this form today on the website using the following link to make a Surinder Singh Application

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -03-19.pdf

Can someone please share the experience if this form is the correct form or not?

The version of this form is 03/2019 which seems to be the latest one.

I am a British Citizen currently living in Romania for the last 9 months and my wife is a Pakistani National, she has a valid British Spouse Visa valid till June 19.

Someone has advised us that I need to apply for a Surinder Singh application for my wife.

Can someone please share their experience, how long will it take, what type of documents I've to produce both for myself and for my wife.

What's the current timeline for this application ?
I know that its a paper application and we have to post the completed application form.

Moderators or gurus please help.

Many thanks
Please post this in your own topic you already have as you query is not the same re entry to the UK as those posting here who are already in the UK. This topic is ONLY for those already in the UK applying for the settled status using the new EU Settlement Scheme.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:40 pm

hello, does anyone know how long paper applications for Surinder Singh currently take?

Once an application is submitted do they send out a certificate or letter of application including a letter to book an appointment for biometrics?

Anamkhan
Afghanistan

Post by Anamkhan » Wed May 08, 2019 8:46 pm

It will take a good few weeks . I sent my documents on 29 April . Called yesterday to find out if the documents have reached the correct department( as there were two addresses on the form ) wanted to make sure they have the stuff, i was told to wait a few weeks before they can sort things out ie before they can make a profile for the applicant and etc . They have no clue what they are doing .

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu May 09, 2019 6:13 am

Which address did you sent it to?? xx

Anamkhan
Afghanistan

Post by Anamkhan » Thu May 09, 2019 8:51 am

There was one on the covering letter

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu May 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Anamkhan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:51 am
There was one on the covering letter
There werr 2 different addresses, one is 2075 and the other is 2076 xx

Anamkhan
Afghanistan

Post by Anamkhan » Thu May 09, 2019 9:55 pm

Indeed. I sent the application to the address in the covering letter not the one within the application form .
The used special delivery . It was signed by UKVI

I called the resolution centre . They said if it’s received by UKVI it should be fine and it will eventually get to the correct department . They , however , don’t have a system in place yet to put these applications on the system and hence they can’t give us any update on what’s happening

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Fri May 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Dear all
please update us about any decisions from EUSS for those already applied for Settled Status (ILR), How long will take for them to make the decision for Surinder Singh paper application, we know that EU citizens and their families take no more that 2 weeks.

So please anyone applied for Settled Status on papers form let us know about the Home Decision time table.

TomS
Newly Registered

Post by TomS » Fri May 10, 2019 4:32 pm

We too are awaiting any reply after posting the completed paper form and documents on May 3rd. Having to include an original passport is a nuisance as my wife needs to travel on this soon (however, will immigration let her back in to the UK if we don't get the EUSS granted first?)

Unfortunately my wife's biometric residency card was stolen just before we got round to dealing with the EUSS thing, without the original of the BRC we were asked to include evidence again of centre of life in the EU state, despite having done this once for the initial EEA family permit granted in 2016 and again for the BRC granted in 2017.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Fri May 10, 2019 6:58 pm

JAMAA wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:31 pm
Dear all
please update us about any decisions from EUSS for those already applied for Settled Status (ILR), How long will take for them to make the decision for Surinder Singh paper application, we know that EU citizens and their families take no more that 2 weeks.

So please anyone applied for Settled Status on papers form let us know about the Home Decision time table.
I sent my application on 30th April. Called them today to get an update. What the agent told me is that they have no idea how long it will take to process Surinder Singh cases, all he said my application will be ( seems still not?!) assigned to a caseworker and caseworker will contact me in DUE COURSE! I demanded to talk to a manager and unfortunately again heard same nonsense. They have no idea what they are doing. It is really very frustrating.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:02 pm

ellyell wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:58 pm
JAMAA wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:31 pm
Dear all

I sent my application on 30th April. Called them today to get an update. What the agent told me is that they have no idea how long it will take to process Surinder Singh cases, all he said my application will be ( seems still not?!) assigned to a caseworker and caseworker will contact me in DUE COURSE! I demanded to talk to a manager and unfortunately again heard same nonsense. They have no idea what they are doing. It is really very frustrating.
Hi there, I would like to know if anyone has received a certificate of application?

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Was speaking with the EU resolution team today and they said if you have not received a certificate of application then your application has not even been looked at. Looks like it’s going to take many weeks to process the paper applications.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:57 pm

I was told they are giving priority now to Eu citizens and then EU family member and then All paper based applications ( Surinder Singh / Others )

Paper based application will take time because case worker need to physically check all the documents

People who applied online or via an app and include national insurance number their applications 50% decided by the system before it even goes to a caseworker
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:14 pm

More discrimination against Non EU citizens.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Tue May 14, 2019 3:20 pm

mufc69 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:14 pm
For non-eu family members of British citizens.
Non-eu family members of EU citizens do not experience those problems, they simply apply online and get a decision in 2-3 weeks time

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 pm

ellyell wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:20 pm
mufc69 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:14 pm
For non-eu family members of British citizens.
Non-eu family members of EU citizens do not experience those problems, they simply apply online and get a decision in 2-3 weeks time
yea you're right, its a disgrace.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 am

mufc69 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 pm
Was speaking with the EU resolution team today and they said if you have not received a certificate of application then your application has not even been looked at. Looks like it’s going to take many weeks to process the paper applications.
I believe we will receive biometrics appointment letter first. After this is done, COA will be sent??
Seems that is the process for other EUSS applications.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:11 pm

ellyell wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 am
mufc69 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 pm
I believe we will receive biometrics appointment letter first. After this is done, COA will be sent??
Seems that is the process for other EU Settlement Scheme applications.
I'm really not sure, i thought this process was meant to be easy and straight forward.. :roll: i suppose all we can do is wait.. i thought receiving the COA first once documents have been received it would make more sense? but then again as you say, once the biometrics have been sent and the application is complete they then might issue the COA, who knows :?:

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Those the Coa give you the right to work and be claiming all benefits etc?

Sky777

Post by Sky777 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Heloo everyone here
NEED SOME HELP AND ADVICE PLS
I’m Polish and British citizenships ( get My British Passport 2014 )
Any way my story
My wife applied for pre settlement status she is Jamaican
We use online application everything goone ok
She been consider as pre settlement status and been ask to send her Brp card as proof of ID
Then she recived brp card back
And nothing since then no update
Ok before we applied we ask lady about if we should use paper form application lady say no is ok use online
So we applied
But obviously it is not right 5 weeks goone and apart
One mail which say application been submitted successfully and under process etc nothing
Recently come out new guidance for caseworker and t
There say we should apply paper form application
We been calling everybody say everything is ok
Now we got issue bit
We called RC and advice my wife first time since we chat with them to order paper application form
So she did someone will contact with her and send application form
I asked if this not problem if we applied online and now we apply trough paper one as this is completely new application them say no is not
( cos waiting time is 70 days )
We can’t wait coa her brp card expired in July
HOW LONG TO HET FORM
AR THEM MAIL FORMS
How long is process for paper form application

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 pm

Has anyone who applied for settled status under Surinder Singh (paper application) received a certificate of application or any result or acknowledgement???

Surinder
France

Post by Surinder » Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi guys,
I am non eu family of British citizens (spouse)
Applying for pre settlement

1. As I have RC, do I have to send it to home office or just sending passport is enough( I don’t want to send both as I need one of them’ specially the RC for proof of right to work in the U.K. )

2. Do they send the identity ASAP or when the case worker start process the application?

Sky777

Post by Sky777 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 am

Surinder wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 pm
Hi guys,

1. As I have RC, do I have to send it to home office or just sending passport is enough( I don’t want to send both as I need one of them’ specially the RC for proof of right to work in the U.K. )

2. Do they send the identity ASAP or when the case worker start process the application?
How long u wait application form
Thank you

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu May 23, 2019 6:11 am

Sky777 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 am
Surinder wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you
My application form arrived approximately 4 weeks as far as I can remember. I’m one of those who request soon as it was opened (March 31st) and took a while. I haven’t apply yet as I’m travelling tomorrow and need my passport, I will apply soom as I finish travelling.

xx

Sky777

Post by Sky777 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 am

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:11 am
Sky777 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 am
Surinder wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you
My application form arrived approximately 4 weeks as far as I can remember. I’m one of those who request soon as it was opened (March 31st) and took a while. I haven’t apply yet as I’m travelling tomorrow and need my passport, I will apply soom as I finish travelling.

xx
Ok thanks
Is any way to speed up way to send application cos we made mistake we applied online long story
What are process to get one
My wife called them them took address etc
And now waiting for from ?
But as well lady say she send to different departments
So I don’t understand it will be send or still someone need to call and confirm
Really need to get this application done