ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing 2nd wife from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Bringing 2nd wife from Pakistan

Post by seagul » Sun May 05, 2019 7:54 pm

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:10 pm
Frontier Mole wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:13 am
I think what is being pointed at is the fact that his ex got ILR in a period where he was married to his second wife. That creates the possibility of deception / non disclosure of material facts and therefore would impact on his ex and the OP..

If the Home Office thought process is that there has been deception then there is every possibility ILR could be curtailed for his ex and he himself would be noted as employing deception. That in turn will impact on any attempts to bring in his second wife.

The whole circumstances are a mess and beyond suspect. By not disclosing the second marriage and when it took place that in itself is deception.
Hi I think you have read wrong. I did not get my ex ILR in a period i was married to 2nd wife. I got ex ILR in 2010 we split in 2015. I went Pakistan 2016 where I first got court divorced then came back to Uk then went back after 3 months to Pakistan to get Married to 2nd wife. I got my decree absolute in Uk 2019.
Simple straight answer which was repeatedly given previously that apply fiancee visa for 2nd wife because your 2nd marriage isn't valid as you were not free under the eyes of HO (only that matters) regardless it was valid in Pakistan or under the eyes of yourself/solicitor.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 pm

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:
I think what is being pointed at is the fact that his ex got ILR in a period where he was married to his second wife. That creates the possibility of deception / non disclosure of material facts and therefore would impact on his ex and the OP..

If the Home Office thought process is that there has been deception then there is every possibility ILR could be curtailed for his ex and he himself would be noted as employing deception. That in turn will impact on any attempts to bring in his second wife.

The whole circumstances are a mess and beyond suspect. By not disclosing the second marriage and when it took place that in itself is deception.
Hi I think you have read wrong. I did not get my ex ILR in a period i was married to 2nd wife. I got ex ILR in 2010 we split in 2015. I went Pakistan 2016 where I first got court divorced then came back to Uk then went back after 3 months to Pakistan to get Married to 2nd wife. I got my decree absolute in Uk 2019.
Hello,

If you got ILR for first wife in 2010, then why did you get a divorce in Pakistan in 2016 instead of getting it done in the UK?

Because once she's got her ILR, she's a British citizen so why go to Pakistan for the divorce?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon May 06, 2019 6:52 pm

I think this post got excessively be answered and op got answer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:30 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:52 pm
Thank you seagul I will apply for fiancee

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:34 pm

Jhelumi wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 pm
Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:

Hello,

If you got ILR for first wife in 2010, then why did you get a divorce in Pakistan in 2016 instead of getting it done in the UK?

Because once she's got her ILR, she's a British citizen so why go to Pakistan for the divorce?
I wanted to get remarried and I was in Pakistan and So the imam wanted to see proof of UK wife divorced so we got divorce talaak and registered it officially there.

Hope that clears it.

Yes I know this was the wrong way but a divorce was applied for in .uk but at the time ex was delaying it as she was settled in .uk again.

Thanks for all help

UA2015

Post by UA2015 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:30 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:52 pm
Thank you seagul I will apply for fiancee
Hope you can do that but earlier you mention that on her passport your name is as husband? Is that’s the case. I would suggest, get a new passport. This one is lost etc and make sure don’t put your name as husband. Unless this is not the case. All the best.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 15, 2019 6:32 pm

UA2015 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:03 pm
[This one is lost etc and make sure don’t put your name as husband. Unless this is not the case. All the best.
you cannot lie to have your passport be lost just for the change of name when you can honestly get it changed.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:49 am

Now this is new. No one mentioned this and yet i mentioned this from the very first post my wife's passport in Pakistan reads my name as her husband and yet no one told me I would need to apply for new passport by removing my name. I don't know how to get this done in Pakistan. Everyone who posted here just said apply for fiancee visa.

Now can someone confirm that what is the case. Would I still be able to apply for fiancee visa or do I have to get new passport for wife. Just make sense anymore. Everyone here Said your marriage in 2016 is not seen as marriage in .uk as I wasn't free in .uk to get married in 2016. So I can bring wife over as fiancee even though it reads my name.

I need you guys to help clear this up please.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu May 16, 2019 6:45 am

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:49 am
Now this is new. No one mentioned this and yet i mentioned this from the very first post my wife's passport in Pakistan reads my name as her husband and yet no one told me I would need to apply for new passport by removing my name. I don't know how to get this done in Pakistan. Everyone who posted here just said apply for fiancee visa.

Now can someone confirm that what is the case. Would I still be able to apply for fiancee visa or do I have to get new passport for wife. Just make sense anymore. Everyone here Said your marriage in 2016 is not seen as marriage in .uk as I wasn't free in .uk to get married in 2016. So I can bring wife over as fiancee even though it reads my name.

I need you guys to help clear this up please.
Don't get caught up in a complicated web of lies.

This is a relatively common situation with UK/Pakistani couples. One marriage breaks down, divorce is in process or just an Islamic divorce has been done, meanwhile families in Pakistan put pressure on to get the new marriage going: why is it taking so long? You have decree nisi, it's legal in Pakistan to have two wives, can we not just do nikkah, we are feeling insulted that you keep delaying, what is this, we don't believe you that you can't get married yet, etc., etc.

Many people have been in your situation and you will find numerous threads on the forum. Just apply for the fiancé visa, write a cover letter explaining the situation and it should not be an issue. It's not the first time this will come across the desk of your case worker.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am

Thank you for the great reply. What will a cover letter contain?

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:53 am

Update

SUPRISED...

IV SEEN my solicitor and has a chat with him in detail. He know advises me that I don't need to apply for a fiancee visa in fact I can apply for a spouse visa. Even though most have said that the marriage was not allowed by Uk law as I wasn't free to marry. But my solicitor has found the missing piece in the puzzle which is even though I wasn't officially divorced in Uk in 2016. When I went Pakistan in 2016 I got the divorce registered in Pakistan in the courts and union council then 3 months later I obtained the decree absolute in Pakistan I think it's called F.a.David. I have this to hand so my solicitor says this will be accepted by .uk home office. I JUST THOUGHT I'd mention this for anyone who happens to get in the same problem.

There's no need to change my passport or any of the documents like nadra card as previously advised.

Thank you guys

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue May 21, 2019 6:02 am

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:53 am
Update

SUPRISED...

IV SEEN my solicitor and has a chat with him in detail. He know advises me that I don't need to apply for a fiancee visa in fact I can apply for a spouse visa. Even though most have said that the marriage was not allowed by Uk law as I wasn't free to marry. But my solicitor has found the missing piece in the puzzle which is even though I wasn't officially divorced in Uk in 2016. When I went Pakistan in 2016 I got the divorce registered in Pakistan in the courts and union council then 3 months later I obtained the decree absolute in Pakistan I think it's called F.a.David. I have this to hand so my solicitor says this will be accepted by .uk home office. I JUST THOUGHT I'd mention this for anyone who happens to get in the same problem.

There's no need to change my passport or any of the documents like nadra card as previously advised.

Thank you guys
As far as I know, the equivalent of a decree absolute in Pakistan would be a 'divorce registration certificate'. But Pakistan does a lot of things with affidavits that would not work this way elsewhere, so your affidavit may well be a recognised substitute. I am sure your lawyer has a better understanding of Pakistan family law than I.

Good luck and please update us with the outcome!
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.