ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry visa is ABOLISHED

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re-entry visa is ABOLISHED

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:31 pm

No re-entry visa will be required from 13 May 2019. You will be able to use IRP/GNIB card when you return to Ireland.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/in ... for-adults

Myself_andI
Greece

Re: Re-entry visa is ABOLISHED

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:14 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:31 pm
No re-entry visa will be required from 13 May 2019. You will be able to use IRP/GNIB card when you return to Ireland.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/in ... for-adults
This IRP is the temporary Stamp 4? The one you get after registering when you get the letter?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:14 pm
This IRP is the temporary Stamp 4? The one you get after registering when you get the letter?
IRP/GNIB is the credit-card sized card when you register with GNIB. They send the card back to you in a few days. If you don't have this card, you cannot travel abroad and come back. This has always been the case.

I don't know how you obtain the "temporary Stamp 4", but it doesn't matter for the purpose of re-entering Ireland. The airline and immigration control will want to see your IRP/GNIB card. If you were given this card, you can travel abroad; otherwise you can't.

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:47 am

can someone confirm that if you have a naturalization approval and sent your gnib and need to travel asap you can still apply for a re-entry visa?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:21 pm

kseni wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:47 am
can someone confirm that if you have a naturalization approval and sent your gnib and need to travel asap you can still apply for a re-entry visa?
If you come back before 13 May then yes you still need it. It doesn’t matter whether you are naturalised or not. It depends on which passport you decide to use when you enter Ireland. If you don’t have time to apply for an Irish passport then you still need to enter Ireland as a non-EU person.

The website in my post has explicitly mentioned that you can get an appointment in Burgh Quay and get the re entry visa for free.

If you come back after 13 May, you don’t need it, although there is no harm getting one, which will save you some questions with the immigration when you come back.

tastestory
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by tastestory » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:26 pm

This is great news, but wish they could also simplify the IRP registration, or at least make the reservation easier.

Myself74
Newly Registered

Post by Myself74 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Nationality : Asian
Lives legally more then 10 years plus.
ILR more then 0ne years .
Travelled more then few days what Home office requirements is it but was logical reason was to follow Court Orders, which I send them with Application .
Acknowledgment recieved on 27th September 2018
Finger print requested on 27th September 2018
Money taken from my CC almost same week .
Still waiting for Ceremony letter from Home office ?
Now more then six month didn't recieved any letter from Home office.
Please Could anyone tell me here that How long maximum would it take to get answer from Home office or what are the maximum time to get answer.
Many thanks and appreciation for your time .

h0h0tun
Newly Registered
Marshall Islands

Post by h0h0tun » Wed May 15, 2019 7:38 pm

Did anyone travel using their GNIB card yet? How do they react at the airport of departure? Do they still look for a visa in your passport? What's the experience here in Dublin?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed May 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Dublin is fine. They stopped looking for re-entry visa since it was announced. Can't say for other airports though. I travelled from USA and UK and they couldn't care less what passport and what visa you have.