ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not sure if right place for this topic: Travelling to Jersey Channel Island, how strict is the airline?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Not sure if right place for this topic: Travelling to Jersey Channel Island, how strict is the airline?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Mon May 13, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi guys.
As per title, I’m not quite sure if this topic is right to be posted in here, if not please can you direct me to the right place.

Anyway, I’m travelling to Jersey at the end of the month for a 5 days holiday, I’m not travelling with my husband, I hold a EEA family member Residence card, issued under Surinder Singh, now my question is, how strict is it? According to the embassy, as a UK resident, you are free to travel in any Channel Island but due to lack of knowledge of other staff in the airport and or some airlines regarding to resident permit of a family member, I am worried.

Has anyone got the same situation and been to any Channel Island with or without any issues?

Thank you

secret.simon

Re: Not sure if right place for this topic: Travelling to Jersey Channel Island, how strict is the airline?

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 13, 2019 11:44 pm

As the question is about the strictness of the airline, it would help if you state which airline you are flying.

When I travelled to a Crown Dependency by ferry, there were no checks by either the Border Force or by the ferry company itself.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Not sure if right place for this topic: Travelling to Jersey Channel Island, how strict is the airline?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 am

secret.simon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:44 pm
As the question is about the strictness of the airline, it would help if you state which airline you are flying.

When I travelled to a Crown Dependency by ferry, there were no checks by either the Border Force or by the ferry company itself.
Thank you for the reply secret.simon. I am flying with flybe, as I understand, there is no immigration control so not worried about that, I’m just worried about the airline staff, sometimes they can be so difficult xx

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:10 am

I went by Flybe with just Driving License. No check at all from Luton airport / Jersey Airport
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed May 15, 2019 6:19 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:10 am
I went by Flybe with just Driving License. No check at all from Luton airport / Jersey Airport
Hi.
Do you mind if I ask if you are a Non EU citizen? I understand that if you are a British or EU citizen, you can just show driving license or any other type of ID, not sure if the same with Non EU.

I know there is no immigration control, kust worried with the airline staff when checking in.

Thank you xx

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:35 pm

non EU

It’s like travelling to Manchester or Scotland
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu May 16, 2019 5:11 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:35 pm
non EU

It’s like travelling to Manchester or Scotland
I see. Never done domestic flight before that’s why I’m a bit worried (not travelling with husband, travelling with friends), i hate embarrassing myself so want to be ready. 😞

So the airline staff when you checked in didn’t ask for your passport?