ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR applicant's Child overstay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ABA24
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR applicant's Child overstay

Post by ABA24 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello,

I am a silent follower of this forum, it has helped me so many times. but, this one time I urgently seek help.
Scenario:

* My ILR application submitted in Nov' 2018 via Tier 1 50K.
* Wife and son were dependants since 2016
* wife applied extension in Jan 2019 (that is when our visa's were to expire)
* UK born son; so did not apply his ILR (read on this forum that he is entitled to register as a citizen after I am grated my ILR)
* Son has now overstayed
* almost 6 months later, HO email's asking where is my son and why I did not apply for his leave to remain?

I need to reply asap! Would appreciate any help and guidance.

Very grateful,
Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR applicant's Child overstay

Post by CR001 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:31 pm

Simply write to HO explaining you will register your UK born son as British once you ILR is granted. It is an application under Section 1(3) of the nationality act, ie an entitlement to register.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ABA24
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ABA24 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:31 pm
Simply write to HO explaining you will register your UK born son as British once you ILR is granted. It is an application under Section 1(3) of the nationality act, ie an entitlement to register.
Thank you so much for your valuable time and guidance! you are amazing at what you.

One more thing, just for my ease of mind, is there anyone or any Link to any posts who were granted ILR despite HO asking them about their child?

Thank you! :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 am

ABA24 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:46 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:31 pm
Thank you so much for your valuable time and guidance! you are amazing at what you.

One more thing, just for my ease of mind, is there anyone or any Link to any posts who were granted ILR despite HO asking them about their child?

Thank you! :)
This is a generic email HO sends for the safeguard of children. It has nothing to do with someone getting or not getting a visa.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ksa786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ksa786 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:01 am

Hi,
I had the similar email from home office on 15 may 2019,
They asked me about my children,
I replied them saying that I will apply for their naturalisation as soon as I get my decision,
So today I got the the approval letter by post:)

Good luck :)