ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Abbinu
Newly Registered
Ghana

Spouse visa refusal

Post by Abbinu » Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 pm

We have been refused a spouse visa, with reason being that we did not present bank statements, and payslips, which we did! This was obviously an error on the ECO's part. I have a valid Visitors visa which was not cancelled, can i visit my husband for a few weeks before we restart the application process again or appeal?
Would i be allowed entry at the airport?

Kindly direct me to the right forum if i have posted this in the wrong Forum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa refusal

Post by CR001 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:34 pm

What evidence exactly did you submit and what category did you use to meet the financial requirements?

What is the exact wording of the refusal, taking out personal information?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abbinu
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Abbinu » Wed May 15, 2019 7:54 pm

We Submitted
6 months Bank Statements
6 months Payslips
Employment Letter
P60

However ECO said none these was present, meanwhile its all in there in our returned pack, all the originals have been returned to us. (note that we did not send photocopies of these specific documents listed above as we did not need them back.)

We used salaried employment, category A.

Wording
" You have not submitted an employment letter, 6 months wage slips dated ---- and 6 months bank statements dated -----. You have therefore failed to provide the required documents relating to your sponsor's employment. These docs are specified in the Immigration rules in appendix FM-SE and must be provided. I therefore refuse your application under paragragh EC-P.1.1 of Appendix FM of the immigration Rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 pm

What date did you apply?

What was the date of the payslips and bank statements?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abbinu
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Abbinu » Wed May 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Biometric Date - 28th February 2019

Bank Statements from June 2018 to Feb 2019. More than enough.
Pay slips from august 2018 to Feb 2019

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Abbinu wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 pm
I have a valid Visitors visa which was not cancelled, can i visit my husband for a few weeks before we restart the application process again or appeal?
You either might not be able to enter or might face very tough interview from airport staff because they will definitely think that your intentions are of not returning back home.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Abbinu
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Abbinu » Fri May 17, 2019 11:20 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 pm
What date did you apply?

What was the date of the payslips and bank statements?
Hello, you did not respond to my answer? can i get some help please?

is it better to appeal or reapply?

Abbinu
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Abbinu » Fri May 17, 2019 11:22 am

seagul wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:38 pm
Abbinu wrote:
I have a valid Visitors visa which was not cancelled, can i visit my husband for a few weeks before we restart the application process again or appeal?
You either might not be able to enter or might face very tough interview from airport staff because they will definitely think that your intentions are of not returning back home.
I have no desire to be an illegal immigrant. How would i prove that? besides the fact that i genuinely miss my Husband and i need a break from this terribly stressful situation.

tnankivell
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tnankivell » Fri May 17, 2019 12:03 pm

I know they have mentioned the reasons are financial, but they have also quoted this: EC-P.1.1

EC-P.1.1 states that:

EC-P.1.1. The requirements to be met for entry clearance as a partner are that-
(a) the applicant must be outside the UK;
(b) the applicant must have made a valid application for entry clearance as a partner;
(c) the applicant must not fall for refusal under any of the grounds in Section S-EC: Suitability–entry clearance; and
(d) the applicant must meet all of the requirements of Section E-ECP: Eligibility for entry clearance as a partner.

Do they reference financial reqs specifically?

Abbinu
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Abbinu » Fri May 17, 2019 1:13 pm

tnankivell wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:03 pm
I know they have mentioned the reasons are financial, but they have also quoted this: EC-P.1.1

EC-P.1.1 states that:

EC-P.1.1. The requirements to be met for entry clearance as a partner are that-
(a) the applicant must be outside the UK;
(b) the applicant must have made a valid application for entry clearance as a partner;
(c) the applicant must not fall for refusal under any of the grounds in Section S-EC: Suitability–entry clearance; and
(d) the applicant must meet all of the requirements of Section E-ECP: Eligibility for entry clearance as a partner.

Do they reference financial reqs specifically?

Yes they specifically said we were refused because of financial ineligibility Because according to them we hadn’t presented the supporting financial documents, even though we had . but we were cleared for all other categories.

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Fri May 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Abbinu wrote:
We have been refused a spouse visa, with reason being that we did not present bank statements, and payslips, which we did! This was obviously an error on the ECO's part. I have a valid Visitors visa which was not cancelled, can i visit my husband for a few weeks before we restart the application process again or appeal?

Hello,

You can appeal and represent the documents.

Abbinu
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Abbinu » Fri May 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Jhelumi wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:53 pm
Abbinu wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your response,
And this is the usual appeal which takes about a year? Or can I anticipate a shorter time scale for this type of case where they made the error

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Fri May 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Abbinu wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:14 pm
Jhelumi wrote:
Abbinu wrote:

Hello,

And this is the usual appeal which takes about a year? Or can I anticipate a shorter time scale for this type of case where they made the error
It is the usual process that mentally drains the applicant and the sponsorer I'm afraid.

I don't know why they simply did not ask for additional documents if they were missing.

Can I ask, what was the salary amount that was quoted?

Abbinu
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Abbinu » Mon May 20, 2019 7:16 pm

Jhelumi wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:24 pm
Abbinu wrote:
Jhelumi wrote:
Abbinu wrote:

Hello,

about 55,000
It is the usual process that mentally drains the applicant and the sponsorer I'm afraid.

I don't know why they simply did not ask for additional documents if they were missing.

Abbinu
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Abbinu » Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Jhelumi wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:24 pm
Abbinu wrote:
Jhelumi wrote:
Abbinu wrote:

Hello,

About 55,000