ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by CR001 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:12 pm

adammrhart wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:55 pm
Hi guys, first time poster here.

I applied for ILR via SET(M) using the Super Priority Service on Friday 10th May, submitting my supporting docs and biometrics in Croydon. I then received an email a few hours later stating "...We have attempted to process your application within the 24 hour service standard, unfortunately it appears it will not be processed within this time. A letter has been issued to you via recorded delivery (PDF copy attached). Please follow the instructions provided."

The attached letter read as follows:

"The English Language qualification you have submitted with your application for ILR cannot be accepted as it was not taken at “An Approved Centre”. A list of approved centres can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

We are now allowing you 28 calendar days from receipt of this letter to obtain a pass of B1 or higher at an approved centre. You must send us your new certificate within that timescale. If you fail to submit a new valid English Language certificate showing a pass of B1 grade or above within the timescale above, your application will then be considered on the basis of the valid English Language pass we hold on file.
Furthermore, if you request the return of your Passport for the purposes of taking that test, your Passport must also be returned to us within 28 calendar days. Failure to do so will result in your application for ILR being refused."

Now, I'm confused with this for a couple of reasons:

a) the certificate submitted with this application is the same one used in both the previous two applications made on this same 5-year route (Cambridge Assessment English taken in 2012, level B2), therefore must be the same one as 'the valid English Language pass' that the case worker's letter stated they have on file;

b) even if it wasn't the same, the test was taken in 2012 and therefore before the rule change in 2015 re 'approved centres';

c) even if it wasn't the same AND the submitted certificate wasn't valid, why can't they just use the valid one they have on file?!

I've responded to the email and chased twice, but haven't yet heard anything back. Does anyone know if the email address UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk is monitored? I've called the helpline, who have confirmed that, as the certificate was accepted for previous applications on the same route, it is valid and it sounds like the case worker has made a mistake.

I'm due to be travelling outside the UK in two weeks, so if anyone has any tips on how to nudge them to either confirm either way, it would be a huge help!!

Thanks
if you don't submit a test that is on the current list and at the approved level, they will use an old test and likely not grant ILR but a 2.5 year further leave to remain.

Is your test from 2012 an IELTS or ESOL or ...... test??

You can only use an expired test if it was used in a previous application AND it is on the CURRENT HO approved test and test provider list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adammrhart
Newly Registered

Post by adammrhart » Mon May 13, 2019 3:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:12 pm
adammrhart wrote:

I applied for ILR via SET(M) using the Super Priority Service on Friday 10th May, submitting my supporting docs and biometrics in Croydon. I then received an email a few hours later stating "...We have attempted to process your application within the 24 hour service standard, unfortunately it appears it will not be processed within this time. A letter has been issued to you via recorded delivery (PDF copy attached). Please follow the instructions provided."

"The English Language qualification you have submitted with your application for ILR cannot be accepted as it was not taken at “An Approved Centre”. A list of approved centres can be found here:

We are now allowing you 28 calendar days from receipt of this letter to obtain a pass of B1 or higher at an approved centre. You must send us your new certificate within that timescale. If you fail to submit a new valid English Language certificate showing a pass of B1 grade or above within the timescale above, your application will then be considered on the basis of the valid English Language pass we hold on file.
Furthermore, if you request the return of your Passport for the purposes of taking that test, your Passport must also be returned to us within 28 calendar days. Failure to do so will result in your application for ILR being refused."

a) the certificate submitted with this application is the same one used in both the previous two applications made on this same 5-year route (Cambridge Assessment English taken in 2012, level B2), therefore must be the same one as 'the valid English Language pass' that the case worker's letter stated they have on file;

b) even if it wasn't the same, the test was taken in 2012 and therefore before the rule change in 2015 re 'approved centres';

c) even if it wasn't the same AND the submitted certificate wasn't valid, why can't they just use the valid one they have on file?!

I've responded to the email and chased twice, but haven't yet heard anything back. Does anyone know if the email address UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk is monitored? I've called the helpline, who have confirmed that, as the certificate was accepted for previous applications on the same route, it is valid and it sounds like the case worker has made a mistake.

I'm due to be travelling outside the UK in two weeks, so if anyone has any tips on how to nudge them to either confirm either way, it would be a huge help!!

Thanks
if you don't submit a test that is on the current list and at the approved level, they will use an old test and likely not grant ILR but a 2.5 year further leave to remain.

You can only use an expired test if it was used in a previous application AND it is on the CURRENT HO approved test and test provider list.
Thanks CR001.

The test taken was an IELTS SELT Consortium test. I achieved level B2, so above the required B1.

The FAQs on the govt website state that "Any tests taken from 6 April 2015 must be on the approved SELT list", and the guy I spoke to earlier on the helpline number backed this up. Your suggestion that this ILR application must use a test from the current approved list goes against that - are you certain?

And regarding the comment in the case worker's letter stating that "your application will then be considered on the basis of the valid English Language pass we hold on file", does that not suggest that they are satisfied with the certificate for ILR anyway?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:04 pm

adammrhart wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:47 pm
CR001 wrote:
adammrhart wrote:

Thanks

Thanks CR001.

The test taken was an IELTS SELT Consortium test. I achieved level B2, so above the required B1.

The FAQs on the govt website state that "Any tests taken from 6 April 2015 must be on the approved SELT list", and the guy I spoke to earlier on the helpline number backed this up. Your suggestion that this ILR application must use a test from the current approved list goes against that - are you certain?

And regarding the comment in the case worker's letter stating that "your application will then be considered on the basis of the valid English Language pass we hold on file", does that not suggest that they are satisfied with the certificate for ILR anyway?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks
IELTS SELT Consortium wasn't in place in 2012. It only came into effect on 6th April 2015.

HO guidance states clearly 'current' list if the test you are using is expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adammrhart
Newly Registered

Post by adammrhart » Mon May 13, 2019 4:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:04 pm
adammrhart wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:47 pm
CR001 wrote:
adammrhart wrote:

Thanks

Thanks CR001.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks
IELTS SELT Consortium wasn't in place in 2012. It only came into effect on 6th April 2015.

HO guidance states clearly 'current' list if the test you are using is expired.
Sorry, it's a Cambridge Advanced English certificate which states an SELT reference number.

The is no expiry date on the certificate and, according to the Cambridge English website, these exams do not expire. So that shouldn't be an issue...

adammrhart
Newly Registered

Post by adammrhart » Mon May 13, 2019 6:57 pm

adammrhart wrote:

Thanks

To add some clarity...

The English certificate I have is the Cambridge ESOL Level 1, with level B2 achieved, taken in 2012. I used this to apply for my initial leave to remain, and again for my FLR.

I understood that, as this certificate doesn't expire (can anyone corroborate this?) and it was approved for both my previous visas on this route, it can be used as proof of my knowledge of English for my ILR application. Is this correct?

Also, can anyone confirm that the email address UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk is monitored? This is where the case worker emailed me from, and where I've sent a few unanswered responses to.

Thanks for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:44 am

adammrhart wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:57 pm
adammrhart wrote:

Thanks

To add some clarity...

The English certificate I have is the Cambridge ESOL Level 1, with level B2 achieved, taken in 2012. I used this to apply for my initial leave to remain, and again for my FLR.

I understood that, as this certificate doesn't expire (can anyone corroborate this?) and it was approved for both my previous visas on this route, it can be used as proof of my knowledge of English for my ILR application. Is this correct?

Also, can anyone confirm that the email address UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk is monitored? This is where the case worker emailed me from, and where I've sent a few unanswered responses to.

Thanks for your help!
As far as I am aware, esol is no longer accepted and is not on the current list. It was removed some time ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ObiEff01
Newly Registered

Post by ObiEff01 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:15 pm

My wife went for her appointment last Friday at the Hammersmith Service Center. We are yet to hear anything from the HO.

Application: FLR(M) first extension
Application Submitted Online: 27/04/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date: 11/05/2019 11:30 am

No emails or letters so far from the home office. How long should I wait before escalating that the super priority service was not met? 5 working days?

azianowar
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by azianowar » Wed May 15, 2019 8:57 am

azianowar wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:18 am
Hi Guys,

My wife had applied for her ILR (SET-M) on 25th April 2019 using the 24hrs Super Priority. we are still awaiting for HO to make the decision.
On 26th April 2019 we received the below email:

"Thank you for your recent application for Indefinite Leave to Remain, using the Super Priority Visa service.
We have attempted to process your application within the 24 hour service standard, unfortunately it appears it will not be processed within the 24 hour target. This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider the case thoroughly and reach a decision."

All our document checking was fine and no further action was required. I have given HO more than sufficient supporting document in order to avoid any delays. My wife has never been refused for her Visa and my accommodation and finance is more that sufficient so i am puzzled on why this would be the case. After Chasing for an update on 2nd May 2019 i have now received the below email on 3rd May 2019:

"Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.
We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible."

Considering the fact that we had paid an extra £800 for the Super Priority this is not the service we were expecting. There is no details on what complex issues are causing the delay. Also no one from HO has contacted my wife and today is 6th May 2019. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know what steps i should do now as after escalation all i have received was a generic email.
Guys, i have chased for an update now from the HO several times for my wife's case and being completely mislead. One adviser mentioned that it can take 8 weeks for a decision and another had advised that it can take upto 6 months. There is no details on what complex issues (if any) are causing the delay. i was also told that they do not believe a refund will be issued on the basis that the case worker had attempted to complete the application within 24hrs. If they cannot then the application moves to the standard service of 6 months. Was also told the 24hrs Priority service is not a guaranteed service. This is completely unfair and there is nothing like this mentioned when choosing the priority service. Any suggestions on the next step of action?

bdt2019
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by bdt2019 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:05 pm

Application Submitted ILR Set (O)- Ancestry to ILR including Partner 13/05/2019
Super Priority Appointment at Mark Lane London - 15/05/2019 at 8:00am
Biometrics done and Application Submitted at - 8:40am. I did upload documents at home.
Decision Email Received on 15/05/2019 (SAME DAY) at 2.37pm
Decision Letter- Awaiting
BRP- Awaiting

I am so happy and really impressed with the speed!

Hope most of yours go as smoothly as mine did.

ObiEff01
Newly Registered

Post by ObiEff01 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:05 pm

My wife received the below email today, she found 2 missed calls after coming out of a lecture, they were probably the calls mentioned in the email.

"Dear Mrs XXXX,

We have attempted to contact you today, as UKVI have informed us you are required to attend an appointment at our site. Unfortunately we have not been able to contact you to arrange a new appointment.

In order for UKVI to process your application you must book a new appointment. This can be done by logging into your account on https://www.UKVCAS.co.uk or by calling our customer helpline on 0330 123 1199, calls to this number are charged at local rates.

If you do not book a further appointment your application may be rejected by UKVI."

We applied online for a first spouse visa extension flr(m) on the 27th of April. My wife attended her biometrics appointment on the 10th of May, until todays email we have received no confirmation or communication from UKVi or Sopra Steria. We are baffled by why they would need a second appointment, could the staff member who took the biometrics have forgotten to submit the application? When I look at the online account, I still have the option to upload documents, should this be disabled once the application has been submitted.

I checked on the website and there is no way to book an appointment there, it still shows the details of the previous appointment and there is an option to cancel it, but no way to book another appointment. We will call tomorrow morning to see about booking a second appointment.

If anyone has any ideas as to what this could be about then please let us know.

Thanks

ObiEff01
Newly Registered

Post by ObiEff01 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 am

ObiEff01 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:05 pm
My wife received the below email today, she found 2 missed calls after coming out of a lecture, they were probably the calls mentioned in the email.

"Dear Mrs XXXX,

We have attempted to contact you today, as UKVI have informed us you are required to attend an appointment at our site. Unfortunately we have not been able to contact you to arrange a new appointment.

In order for UKVI to process your application you must book a new appointment. This can be done by logging into your account on https://www.UKVCAS.co.uk or by calling our customer helpline on 0330 123 1199, calls to this number are charged at local rates.

If you do not book a further appointment your application may be rejected by UKVI."

We applied online for a first spouse visa extension flr(m) on the 27th of April. My wife attended her biometrics appointment on the 10th of May, until todays email we have received no confirmation or communication from UKVi or Sopra Steria. We are baffled by why they would need a second appointment, could the staff member who took the biometrics have forgotten to submit the application? When I look at the online account, I still have the option to upload documents, should this be disabled once the application has been submitted.

I checked on the website and there is no way to book an appointment there, it still shows the details of the previous appointment and there is an option to cancel it, but no way to book another appointment. We will call tomorrow morning to see about booking a second appointment.

If anyone has any ideas as to what this could be about then please let us know.

Thanks
My wife called this morning and has been told there was an issue with the appointment and she needs to attend a second appointment. The next available appointment in London is on the 4th of June, 3 weeks away. So 4 weeks after her first appointment and we will still have not received a reply from the HO, clearly the Super Priority Service is great value for money.

Application: FLR(M) first extension
Application Submitted Online: 27/04/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date: 11/05/2019 11:30 am
Email Received regarding second appointment: 16/05/2019 6:00 pm
Second Appointment Date: 04/06/2019 (waiting)

She also had to pay £60 for the second appointment though they said they will refund this. How would I go about chasing the HO for a refund for the £800 for the Super Priority service?

waitingresponse
Newly Registered
India

Post by waitingresponse » Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Hello,

I have applied for ILR in 9th of Feb (SET M) through super priority service, I just received an email from UKVI

Thank you for your recent application for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

A letter has been issued to you via recorded delivery. Please await the receipt of this letter and follow the instructions provided.

Anyone received this kind of email ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:15 pm

waitingresponse wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 pm
Hello,

I have applied for ILR in 9th of Feb (SET M) through super priority service, I just received an email from UKVI

Thank you for your recent application for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

A letter has been issued to you via recorded delivery. Please await the receipt of this letter and follow the instructions provided.

Anyone received this kind of email ?

Thanks
Some have and I believe it was a fixed period of extension granted or a refusal and not ILR.

As you have only posted in this topic about super priority and the delay and there are no posts that I can see about your circumstances and visa/immigration history and documents submitted, especially if you applied as self employed to meet the financial requirements, it would be difficult for anyone to offer any advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

waitingresponse
Newly Registered
India

Post by waitingresponse » Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Thank you!

I don't understand how home office works , I am earning in 6 figures and I own house which is more than half million, I don't understand how they are finding difficulties to grant me ILR visa which requires 18,600 per annum :( I am also a father and a husband of a british citizens by born.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:31 pm

waitingresponse wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 pm
Thank you!

I don't understand how home office works , I am earning in 6 figures and I own house which is more than half million, I don't understand how they are finding difficulties to grant me ILR visa which requires 18,600 per annum :( I am also a father and a husband of a british citizens by born.

Thanks
Can you state your full immigration history and list what documents you submitted?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

waitingresponse
Newly Registered
India

Post by waitingresponse » Fri May 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Sure, I was on spouse visa 5 year route, granted to leave to remain in december 2013 for 33 months. Then I have applied for my first visa extension through premium service and I got the decision on same day within 2 hours of the application may be because at that time I was working as permanent employee so for them easy to verify all documents. This time I have applied for ILR through premium service with all my supporting documents like (VAT, TAX returns, bank statements, relationship proof, last two years of address history, accommodation details mortgage and land registry papers.), english language certificate which I passed before application to make sure they don't reject because my last certificate was expired.

This week I approached to my MP again (I was in touch since March) and she asked minister of immigration to process my application quickly because I have paid premium service fees and they took more than 3 months of time to make decision.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:39 pm

waitingresponse wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:58 pm
Sure, I was on spouse visa 5 year route, granted to leave to remain in december 2013 for 33 months. Then I have applied for my first visa extension through premium service and I got the decision on same day within 2 hours of the application may be because at that time I was working as permanent employee so for them easy to verify all documents. This time I have applied for ILR through premium service with all my supporting documents like (VAT, TAX returns, bank statements, relationship proof, last two years of address history, accommodation details mortgage and land registry papers.), english language certificate which I passed before application to make sure they don't reject because my last certificate was expired.

This week I approached to my MP again (I was in touch since March) and she asked minister of immigration to process my application quickly because I have paid premium service fees and they took more than 3 months of time to make decision.

Thanks
If you applied as Self Employed, did you submit all the required documents per Appendix 1.7??

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raselsob
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by raselsob » Sat May 18, 2019 3:11 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:07 pm
raselsob wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:36 pm
Hi

I made on online application through 5 years british spouse route , I had required only 3 documents , my passport copy my partner passport copy & her declaration form . This is 3 mandatory documents , I submitted my application through sopra UKVCAS. They checked all the documents & take my biometric then submitted my application on 25th of March 2019 . I had paid for super priority service, next day 26th March I got email from HO -
(Thank you for your Super Priority Application.

We have attempted to process your application within the 24 hour service standard, unfortunately it appears it will not be processed within the 24 hour target. This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider the case thoroughly and reach a decision.

In order for us to make a decision as soon as possible, could you please post your current Bangladesh passport to us directly at:)

I have sent my passport same day & Royal Mail special next day service , they got my passport on 27th , then I called few times help centre, contact my MP , I had an email from UKVI I will get refund for premium service, but after 1 month I got another email , I will get get refund . Yeasterdya I got another email from home office .

(Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard. As our records indicate that further information was required to complete your application we could not complete your application within the 24-hour service standard. We will complete your application as quickly as possible once this information is received.)

I really don’t know , how come after 1 month HO saying they are waiting for the documents, they had asked just my passport. I already provided it . Could anyone help me whom shall I contact , UK help centre said I have to wait another month to escalate this .
Did you not submit ANY financial evidence of meeting the requirement, English B1, LIUK, proof of cohabitation for last 2 years etc etc???

Hi everyone, I got emailed back to sit down for interview, i had applied 5 years british spouse visa , could any one help me
With list of questions, what they might ask

iPooh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by iPooh » Sat May 18, 2019 7:51 am

Hello everyone
Just to share my resent experience.

I applied for ILR on 9th of May in Croydon, super priority service.
Everything went well, I left the office at 8:20am and I had a hope to get e-mail-confirmation the same day in the evening - nothing.
Next day, Friday 10th - nothing. Obviously it was the longest weekend ever, still no news. Monday 13th of May in the morning - nothing.

And in the afternoon my and my daughter's BRPs (issued 9th of May) were delivered in two envelopes.
I would say for the money I paid for super priority service it was too much stress ((

shzeeshanyounas1
Newly Registered

Post by shzeeshanyounas1 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:20 am

Hi,
I am a new member,
I applied for long residency ILR, my previous visa was Tier-1 with extension.
I got my first visa as a student on 01/06/2009.
but entered in the UK on 16/06/2009
my tier-1 extension expired on 10/05/2019.
submitted my application on 09/05/2019 for ILR online (super priority Service)
bio did on 15/05/2019.
15/05/2019 got a letter from UKBA

"Although we would normally decide the application within 24 hours from the time that your client completed his appointment, unfortunately, this is not going to be possible in this case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by 16 August 2019, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible."

anyone has seen this letter with an exact date?

and

can I contact MP as I have seen some people have done that?
Please, Advice.

waitingresponse
Newly Registered
India

Post by waitingresponse » Sat May 18, 2019 11:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:39 pm
waitingresponse wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Thanks
If you applied as Self Employed, did you submit all the required documents per Appendix 1.7??

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf

Yes I have applied with all supporting documents.

Thanks

darallis
Newly Registered

Post by darallis » Sat May 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Hoping my timeline encourages someone, as others' timeline updates gave me hope during a ridiculously and unnecessarily difficult process.

April 24: Submitted application
Tuesday April 30: Attended biometric appt in croydon, super priority
Tuesday April 30: Email from HO caseworker asking ifI attended my appointment?????? Apparently, Sopra systems in Croydon had some technical difficulties and for the next excruciatingly painful 5 days, no one at Sopra or UKVI could tell me if my biometrics had been sent?!?!
Tuesday May 7: 1st Escalation
Wednesday May 8: Contacted MP; MP office said letter would sent on Monday May 13
Thursday May 8: Sopra finally confirms biometrics were sent to HO on Friday May 3
Thursday May 8: received generic "we aim to complete all applications..." email for first escalation
Thursday May 8: 2nd escalation
Friday May 9: Agony (I needed my brp asap to travel and time was running out fast)
Monday May 13: Phone call response to 2nd escalation saying my application was now with HO caseworker
Monday May 13: MP sends letter
Tuesday May 14: Decision email received; BRP and approval letter to be sent "in due course"; Email also indicates Super priority fees would be refunded.
Thursday May 16: BRP received
Friday May 17: Approval letter received and super priority refunded.

Right to work status for old BRP always showed up as expired.

Hope this encourages someone. Wishing you all the best

Picard

Post by Picard » Mon May 20, 2019 11:51 am

Hi darallis
Thank you for detailed post. It is certainly very helpful.

How did you raise escalations- 1st and 2nd?

Thanks much

shzeeshanyounas1
Newly Registered

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by shzeeshanyounas1 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:33 pm

shzeeshanyounas1 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:20 am
Hi,
I am a new member,
I applied for long residency ILR, my previous visa was Tier-1 with extension.
I got my first visa as a student on 01/06/2009.
but entered in the UK on 16/06/2009
my tier-1 extension expired on 10/05/2019.
submitted my application on 09/05/2019 for ILR online (super priority Service)
bio did on 15/05/2019.
15/05/2019 got a letter from UKBA

"Although we would normally decide the application within 24 hours from the time that your client completed his appointment, unfortunately, this is not going to be possible in this case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by 16 August 2019, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible."

anyone has seen this letter with an exact date?

and

can I contact MP as I have seen some people have done that?
Please, Advice.???

Angeli
Newly Registered

Post by Angeli » Mon May 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Hello everybody!

First thing, I would like to say thank you to everybody who shared their experience in this forum, It did really help me a lot to prepare my applications, though I will not lie, it also made me very very VERY anxious looking at the timelines of the other applicants.

I also want to use this platform to share my experience with super priority service, specially to those who are very anxious with their applications, to give them at least an ease, that everything should be fine for as long as you prepare beforehand.

I just want to share my experience in using the super priority service in Croydon today.

Short immigration history:
Granted my first leave to remain last 04/2014 as spouse of a British citizen, 5 year route.
Never been denied before.
Me and my husband has always been employed, no employment gaps.
So its actually straightforward application.

Here is my timeline:
Application Submitted Set (M) Spouse visa 5 years route via online=19/05/2019 11:00AM
Super Prior Appointment at Croydon (paid extra £100-got lucky to get the next day appointment after refreshing page lol)=20/05/2019 @ 9:00AM
Bio metric done and Application Submitted= 20/5/2019 about 9:05am
Decision Email Received=20/5/2019 14:13 same day!!
Decision Letter=Awaiting
BRP=Awaiting.

It is my first time to use the super priority service because I really need to travel end of June, so decide to use the service. It is expensive, I would say, and part of my anxiety (in case if I get denied) is the cost, as well.

So I got to Croydon about 8:10am though my appointment was 9am, I told myself that i would rather wait that be late. So when i got to the place, there was a long line waiting to be registered, maybe around 30+applicants infront of me? Quite a lot I would say. Anyways, to register, they have to check you passport and you appointment letter with QR code on it, then they will need to open your bag as well for security.

Then they sent me to the first floor and the lady took my name again, was sat on the lounge and waited to be called. Then a lovely lady called me to have my biometrics done, fingerprints and signature. She also kindly checked my uploaded documents online and said it was alot, but the more the better she said, hahaha. So my docs checked, she asked for my permission to send my application and I said go for it!!

So in total, I spent about an hour for my appointment.

Tips to keep in mind:
1. Prepare at least 2-3 months with all of the paper works needed. The more proof, the merrier!! There is no such thing as enough, I have uploaded I think 100+ files in total, the lady from sephora said, it doesn't matter, if you think it will help with the application, go for it!!
2. If you have the finances, go for the super priority, its super worth it!! For as long as you think that your application is straightforward, like mine.
3. Once you have all you documents, start using the online application-I have to check mine about everyday just to make sure that I don't make mistakes.
4. Upload your documents once applied online, it make things easier and you can at least control what you want and not to be submitted. They will also check in sephora, the documents you have uploaded, if its within the standard. But bear in mind, in case, bring all of the documents with you at the appointment, in case if there is something wrong with the scanned docs.
5. After the application has been sent, TREAT YOURSELF!!! This can be very stressful, but hey, you did it!!

So now, off to my holiday!!

Goodluck guys, I hope this can help you with your application. I just have to share my timeline to tell everybody that its not actually too bad, so do not put too much pressure to yourselves!!