ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding divorce

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vader666

regarding divorce

Post by vader666 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:37 am

Hi ,

I am a British Citizen and we got a Spouse Visa for my wife in Turkey. Unfortunately our marriage didn`t go as we thought , therefore we decided to divorce. The official marriage was in Turkey and soon we will be officially divorcing there.

As I checked , I will be following this page : https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce
and inform UK home office with a letter with details as it says The same rules apply if your ex-partner’s visa is based on your relationship (for example they’re your dependant or you’re their ‘sponsor’

The thing is my wife never actually settled in the UK. Therefore my questions are :

1. Shall she write a letter as well in order to not to affect her future visits with a tourist visa etc ?

2. Not sure what to do with her BRP cards , shall it be sent to UK home office as well ? ( There is no info on the page about that )

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: regarding divorce

Post by CR001 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:51 am

She has/has a visa though so would be in the HO system as your wife.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vader666

Post by vader666 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:58 am

Yes , however the official spouse visa was based on marriage inTurkey and we are divorcing there and after that I will notify UK Home office.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:59 am

Makes no difference where you were married and presumably she did come to the UK on her visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vader666

Post by vader666 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:05 am

Thanks , yes she visited a few times and received her BRP card then.

My understanding is obviously my responsibility is informing UK Home Office with the letter after the divorce is complete and I will follow that page.

She does not reside in the UK right now, shall she do the same thing as well or is my letter enough as I will be sharing her address details in Turkey ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:07 am

there is no need to wait for the divorce paper and no requirement to submit proof of it.

Once you notify HO, her visa will be cancelled if it is still valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vader666

Post by vader666 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:09 am

Thanks very much for the information.