ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 to ILR Application Query - Please Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prettyme
Newly Registered

Tier1 to ILR Application Query - Please Help

Post by prettyme » Sat May 18, 2019 9:04 am

Good morning,

I have been a silent reader on this forum and have learnt a lot from all of you. Thank you for all you do, truly appreciate.
I am due for my ILR via Tier 1 route single applicant £50k route. Just filling the online application form online and saw the question where they ask if you have been refused UK visa before, I am not sure what answer to provide, this is because I applied for UK visiting visa in 2005 but application was refused and I forgot about it, my passport expired. In 2009 I got a fresh passport and applied for my student visa for Master degree in UK and it was granted (same details as on my first passport).
I don't know if i should state the initial UK visiting visa refusal, as i don't know where the old passport is or details /reasons for refusal (I don't think I came with it to UK in 2009, never used the passport for any other applications).

My initial Tier 1 application was refused in Apr.2013 because of missing CAR document but was given right to appeal, I did appeal and won the appeal in Nov.13, but got my BRP in June.14, not sure if i should state this as a refusal. Your kind response will be highly appreciated. Thank you

prettyme
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 Ent to ILR Application Query - Please Help

Post by prettyme » Sat May 18, 2019 9:14 am

Forgot to mention it's Tier 1 Ent £50k Route.
Please how do i track response/reply.

Thanks

prettyme
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 Ent to ILR Application Query - Please Help

Post by prettyme » Sat May 18, 2019 9:53 am

one of my employee was on ILR when employed in 2017 but has her british passport from 2018, although stopped working with the company in 2018, would i present her British Passport page or her ILR

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier1 to ILR Application Query - Please Help

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 18, 2019 10:48 am

1) Declare all refusals and provide the reason. If you do not know the exact dates, mention as best of your knowledge and mention in the cover letter.

2) Once British Citizenship is awarded, ILR BRP is invalid and you have to return it to HO. I would send a copy of the ILR BRP and updated British Passport copy (if employee worked after BC) both to cover the employment periods and mention in the cover letter. But if the employee was only employed with you while he/she had ILR that is all you need. You have no concern if the employee got BC after he/she left employment.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

prettyme
Newly Registered

Post by prettyme » Sat May 18, 2019 11:09 pm

Thank you so much @tier11417, I will include in my cover letter. congratulation on your ILR, I have been following your thread and learnt a lot from it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 18, 2019 11:16 pm

prettyme wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:09 pm
Thank you so much @tier11417, I will include in my cover letter. congratulation on your ILR, I have been following your thread and learnt a lot from it.
Thank you 🙏
Good luck for your application!
I have posted my detailed experience it might benefit you.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-1-ent-a ... 81140.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.