ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics/Documents Scanning

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anonymous1999
Mood:

Supporting documents/VFS

Post by anonymous1999 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:18 am

Hi, I am about to submit my husbands spouse visa application. He lives in Perth, Australia and will be attending his biometrics appointment there. I will be paying the £75 to have his documents scanned here in the UK.

My question is, do the documents need to be scanned and submitted before his biometrics appointment or can they be done after? And if after, how much time do I have? My solicitor is saying that they have to be submitted before because of a new rule but peoples timelines show different.

Also, does anyone know the phone number for Birmingham VFS as I am trying to contact them and a place called Indian Visa Services picks up and this place is also the address on google for when I search the Birmingham vfs address. And do i have to book an appointment to have my documents scanned here or is it walk in?

anonymous1999
Mood:

Re: Supporting documents/VFS

Post by anonymous1999 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:29 pm

Has anyone got an answer for me, its urgent

K123RN
Newly Registered
India

Post by K123RN » Sat May 18, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi,

give him a copy of all the documents. it is a big confusing and even my lawyer have no idea. But from the timelines i can tell, you can submit the document after the biometric. i hope this helps.

Good luck

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:08 pm

K123RN wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:23 pm
Hi,

give him a copy of all the documents. it is a big confusing and even my lawyer have no idea. But from the timelines i can tell, you can submit the document after the biometric. i hope this helps.

Good luck
Hi, who shall I give the copy of all the documents to?

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Sat May 18, 2019 3:31 pm

anonymous1999 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:18 am
Hi, I am about to submit my husbands spouse visa application. He lives in Perth, Australia and will be attending his biometrics appointment there. I will be paying the £75 to have his documents scanned here in the UK.

My question is, do the documents need to be scanned and submitted before his biometrics appointment or can they be done after? And if after, how much time do I have? My solicitor is saying that they have to be submitted before because of a new rule but peoples timelines show different.

Also, does anyone know the phone number for Birmingham VFS as I am trying to contact them and a place called Indian Visa Services picks up and this place is also the address on google for when I search the Birmingham vfs address. And do i have to book an appointment to have my documents scanned here or is it walk in?
Priority has 10 working days, standard is 20 I think
My solicitor advised to scan the documents after biometrics .. this was done last month
I used the vfs in London, no appointment booked I simply walked on

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Heythereitsme wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:31 pm
anonymous1999 wrote:

My solicitor advised to scan the documents after biometrics .. this was done last month
Thank you! I told my solicitor the same thing and she said the rules have changed very recently but not from what I’m seeing

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Sat May 18, 2019 4:25 pm

anonymous1999 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:53 pm
Heythereitsme wrote:
anonymous1999 wrote:

Thank you! I told my solicitor the same thing and she said the rules have changed very recently but not from what I’m seeing
I’d suggest you look up the rules because it may be that that is the case? Maybe just do it the same day as biometrics

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:15 pm

Heythereitsme wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:25 pm
anonymous1999 wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:
anonymous1999 wrote:

I’d suggest you look up the rules because it may be that that is the case? Maybe just do it the same day as biometrics
Where can I find the new rules info?

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Sat May 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Try the gov website

rj68
Newly Registered

Post by rj68 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:22 pm

anonymous1999 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:15 pm
Heythereitsme wrote:
anonymous1999 wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:

I did my wife's this month.

I did it through Visa4uk site.

Biometrics are taken. ONLY AFTER that you go down to the local VFS centre for them to scan the documents. I went to London - walked in no appointment needed.

That was on Tuesday 7th May. We received the email acknowledgement on Thursday 16th. :)

So my mini timeline atm:
Biometrics Friday 3rd May - Malaysia
I Submitted docs at VFS london - Tuesday 7th May
Emailed acknowledgement Thursday 16th May

Hope that helps :)

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 pm

rj68 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:22 pm
anonymous1999 wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:
anonymous1999 wrote:

Biometrics are taken. ONLY AFTER that you go down to the local VFS centre for them to scan the documents. I went to London - walked in no appointment needed.

That was on Tuesday 7th May. We received the email acknowledgement on Thursday 16th. :)

So my mini timeline atm:

Wow this is really reassuring. Thank a lot and hope it goes well! Did you choose priority service?

rj68
Newly Registered

Post by rj68 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:19 pm

anonymous1999 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 pm
rj68 wrote:
anonymous1999 wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:

So my mini timeline atm:

Wow this is really reassuring. Thank a lot and hope it goes well! Did you choose priority service?
Yes :) Hoping for a quick turnaround :D

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Sat May 18, 2019 10:21 pm

Did you take the document checklist to submit with all the supporting documents?

When the applicant went for biometric the vfs people have put an sticker on the document checklist docs and given back to my wife. Has this happened to you too?
Heythereitsme wrote:
anonymous1999 wrote:

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:23 pm

rj68 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:19 pm
anonymous1999 wrote:
rj68 wrote:
anonymous1999 wrote:

So my mini timeline atm:

Yes :) Hoping for a quick turnaround :D
Keep me posted!😃

rj68
Newly Registered

Post by rj68 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:23 pm

anonymous1999 wrote:
rj68 wrote:
anonymous1999 wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:

So my mini timeline atm:

Also, originals weren't needed. So make sure you have COPIES of originals. If you don't have a copy, they will charge you extra to photocopy the originals.

I took the whole pile of documents with copies of the originals - like birth cert, marriage cert etc.

Then I took the originals in a separate file just in case they wanted them, but they didn't.

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 pm

rj68 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:23 pm
anonymous1999 wrote:
rj68 wrote:
anonymous1999 wrote:

So my mini timeline atm:

Also, originals weren't needed. So make sure you have COPIES of originals. If you don't have a copy, they will charge you extra to photocopy the originals.

I took the whole pile of documents with copies of the originals - like birth cert, marriage cert etc.

Then I took the originals in a separate file just in case they wanted them, but they didn't.
After all the fuss over gathering original documents, they don’t even need them wow😩 I have also read that you can upload them yourself for free but that sounds a lot more confusing. I think scanning my documents will take ages as I have loads of chat history. I also have printed photographs with my husband, they aren’t on A4 paper, will this be acceptable?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 pm

anonymous1999 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 pm
I also have printed photographs with my husband, they aren’t on A4 paper, will this be acceptable?
I think they insist and accept only A4 sized copies.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:33 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 pm
anonymous1999 wrote:
I also have printed photographs with my husband, they aren’t on A4 paper, will this be acceptable?
Oh no! I will print the pictures on to A4 sized paper then. I have about 50 photos, will 4 per page be okay?

rj68
Newly Registered

Post by rj68 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:39 pm

Yeah tell me about it! I had my wife send all the originals over to the UK! An expense I didn't need to pay!

Yes, according to VFS you can scan online - where you do this is a mystery. No information anywhere regarding this, so I just paid for the VFS service in London - extra money, but at this stage, it is a fraction of the overall cost of the visa.

Everything must be on A4 - no bigger, no smaller.

I put together a word document of photos - 2/3 on a page. I annotated them and put who was in each photo, the date and location etc. 4 pages of before we got married, 7 pages of the wedding itself, then 26 pages of photos since we got married (married for 4 years).

rj68
Newly Registered

Post by rj68 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:44 pm

anonymous1999 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:33 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 pm
anonymous1999 wrote:
Oh no! I will print the pictures on to A4 sized paper then. I have about 50 photos, will 4 per page be okay?
Make sure they are clear and annotate them. See what I just replied above :D

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:47 pm

rj68 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:39 pm
Yeah tell me about it! I had my wife send all the originals over to the UK! An expense I didn't need to pay!

Yes, according to VFS you can scan online - where you do this is a mystery. No information anywhere regarding this, so I just paid for the VFS service in London - extra money, but at this stage, it is a fraction of the overall cost of the visa.

Everything must be on A4 - no bigger, no smaller.

I put together a word document of photos - 2/3 on a page. I annotated them and put who was in each photo, the date and location etc. 4 pages of before we got married, 7 pages of the wedding itself, then 26 pages of photos since we got married (married for 4 years).
Annotating the photos is such a good idea! I did the same on the back of my photographs too. I was supposed to submit my application last week but the website was having technical difficulties, so I’m trying to get an appointment with my
Solicitor to submit it this week as I know the waiting time starts from the biometrics appointment. This is so mentally draining😩

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Sun May 19, 2019 6:50 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:21 pm
Did you take the document checklist to submit with all the supporting documents?

When the applicant went for biometric the vfs people have put an sticker on the document checklist docs and given back to my wife. Has this happened to you too?
Heythereitsme wrote:
anonymous1999 wrote:

No I didn’t take it
No they didn’t put a sticker, they didn’t scan mine on the same day so why couriered it back to me and there was no sticker but I did notice that they had a reference number on there

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:03 pm

Hello, I have posted all my supporting documents to Australia for my husband to take with him to his biometrics appointment. I wanted to submit them at a VFS centre here but my solicitor advised me to post them to Australia as there were a lot of ‘’scanning issues’’ and a lot of visas being refused because of mistakes made at the VFS centres whilst scanning documents.

My husband lives in Perth but whilst booking his biometrics appointment, there were no appointments available in Perth for the next few months. How is this possible?

Because of this, he has to fly to a different state for his biometrics appointment, which is Canberra, the Australian capital. I am reading reviews online about this centre and they are mostly negative. Now I am really worried about whether they will even scan and upload the documents properly there or even miss some of them out, as I have read from other peoples experiences.

Also, how long will this appointment take as we have approximately 300 pages that need to be scanned. My husband also does not want to fly back to Canberra to pick up his passport once a decision has been made so will he need to select the option of retaining his passport through the visa process or have it couriered to his address?

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:41 am

Anyone?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:52 pm

anonymous1999 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:03 pm
Hello, I have posted all my supporting documents to Australia for my husband to take with him to his biometrics appointment. I wanted to submit them at a VFS centre here but my solicitor advised me to post them to Australia as there were a lot of ‘’scanning issues’’ and a lot of visas being refused because of mistakes made at the VFS centres whilst scanning documents.

I think you & your solicitor are over thinking. When in near past the members were sending documents through post then they were even committing more mistakes. Many members sent 6 months of payslips & documents but they refused on grounds of not being received them. New system is more faster and efficient where HO don't need to photocopy again where this mistake I guess originate.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.