ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Concern about visa expiration dates and ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

splinterskills
Newly Registered
Philippines

Concern about visa expiration dates and ILR application

Post by splinterskills » Sat May 18, 2019 8:23 am

Hi, I hope you can help me.

I’m planning to apply for my Indefinite leave to remain next year and have some concerns around the dates my current visa ends.

I entered the Uk on 4th May 2015 and therefore my 5 years anniversary in the Uk will be on 4th May 2020, however my current spouse visa ends 20th February 2020.

There is currently a gap of 2 months between my current visa expiring and when i can apply for ILR, i understand i can apply 28 days in advance but this would still leave me out of visa for a month, can you offer any advice in this situation, thank you.

Regards
Jo S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Concern about visa expiration dates and ILR application

Post by CR001 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:47 am

Which category of spouse visa do you hold, there is more than one, ie pbs dependent, spouse settlement visa etc?

What is your full UK immigration history and relevant dates?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Sat May 18, 2019 9:49 am

I think you need to first apply for extension of your visa and then apply for ILR, it must have erroneously done like that and in the alternative you can ring HO and ask if their could be respite to that.
Bizman

splinterskills
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by splinterskills » Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 pm

To elaborate a bit more:
1. I currently hold an FLR-M visa.
- My entry clearance to the Uk was granted on the 31st March 2015. It expires Dec 2017
- I entered the UK on 4th May 2015
- my current FLR visa was issued on 27th Jul 2017, expires on the 24th Feb 2020. (I filed this one a bit too early)

3. I called the Home Office but the only advise they could give me is to find an immigration officer. Unfortunately, there isn’t one near where I live, and a solicitor costs £200 per consultation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:05 am

- My entry clearance to the Uk was granted on the 31st March 2015. It expires Dec 2017
- I entered the UK on 4th May 2015
- my current FLR visa was issued on 27th Jul 2017, expires on the 24th Feb 2020. (I filed this one a bit too early)
You applied way too early. Why did you do that?

You don't have any other option but to apply for another FLR(M) 2.5 year extension, paying the visa fee and the £1000 IHS fee.

You only qualify to apply for ILR within 28 days before 4th May 2020.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

splinterskills
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by splinterskills » Sun May 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Quite frankly, I remembered thinking I want to get it out of the way and was worried the new visa will not arrive on time. I didn’t know it will have dire consequences when I apply for my ILR. A lesson I am now finding painfully hard.

Thank you for your help.