ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If someone has received presettled status, what happens next

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Youngeagle

If someone has received presettled status, what happens next

Post by Youngeagle » Thu May 16, 2019 7:43 pm

Hello Guys,

You would not know by any chance If someone has received presettled status how would he/she know when to apply for setlle. ? Provided that the person keep working and non working non stop? Would he/she be notified by email? Or he/she wwould have to try to apply again ? Closer to the time of 5 years ( when he or she thinks ) that its 5 years time rule came already?
Would anyone know please?
Thanks

kamoe

Re: If someone has received presettled status, what happens next

Post by kamoe » Thu May 16, 2019 8:23 pm

Youngeagle wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:43 pm
Or he/she wwould have to try to apply again ? Closer to the time of 5 years ( when he or she thinks ) that its 5 years time rule came already?
This is the likeliest scenario.
Would anyone know please?
Might need to wait for a little while to hear the first first-hand account of people having this experience. Too soon to know.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Youngeagle

Post by Youngeagle » Fri May 17, 2019 11:21 pm

Then it means that to apply online again? Or send in the application form with all the paper work? Or just apply online using smartphone and passport?

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Sun May 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Guys do you know the answer?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon May 20, 2019 9:06 am

Youngbeard wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:38 pm
Guys do you know the answer?
As I said: Too soon to know.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 pm

Hi Guys,

If someone has received pre-settled status, could he apply for settled? Or should she wait for an email or telephone or letter when it is ok to apply for settled?
Thanks

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:32 am

Youngbeard wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 pm
If someone has received pre-settled status, could he apply for settled?
Seems you have a misunderstanding of what Pre-Settled status is. It's meant to be a temporary status given to those people who are not yet eligible for Settled status. Now, you do not need Pre-Settled status first to apply for Settled Sytatus, you can skip it, if you ar ealready eligible for Settled status.
Or should she wait for an email or telephone or letter when it is ok to apply for settled?
I assume the onus is on each person to know when they have completed the mandatory 5 year residence in the UK, and then they will be able to apply for Settled Status. I would not hold my breath for any communication or invitation from the Home Office.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:44 am

kamoe wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:32 am
the onus is on each person to know when they have completed the mandatory 5 year residence in the UK, and then they will be able to apply for Settled Status.
Correct.The applicant is responsible for applying for any changes to their status, not the Home Office.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:55 am

Just received my confirmation of Pre-Settled Status today, and this is on page 1 of the letter I received:
What this means for you
You have permission to stay in the UK for five years from the date of this letter. If you wish to apply for settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, you can do so as soon as you meet the qualifying criteria for this. More information on the qualifying criteria for the EU Settlement Scheme can be found at: www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-f ... n-to-apply. You should make an application when you believe you qualify for settled status and before your pre-settled status expires.
So, just as we said above, up to you to know when to apply.