ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (ICT, LT) Change of Employment query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

happy143m
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 (ICT, LT) Change of Employment query

Post by happy143m » Mon May 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi Forum,

I've been on a Tier 2 ICT (Long Term) visa sponsored by my company.
The visa was issued in Oct 2017 (current tenure length 3 years, to be renewed in 2020 until 2022 (Max 5 years). I am currently in the UK with my dependents i.e. Family.

I understand one cannot move to another category of Tier 2 visa, and hence my question:
Q - Can one do a Change of Employment within the same Visa category? What are the conditions that one needs to fulfil to switch or change an employer under the Tier 2 ICT visa category?

Some things I've already considered before wasting anyone's time.
- ICT Visa has a precondition to working for the employer for 12 months unless you have paid over and above £73,900. If offered I would be well above this pay level.
- Considered Tier 2 Policy guidelines # 214.
You must make a change of employment application if you wish to change employer. You
must have a new Certificate of Sponsorship from your new sponsor and you must meet all
the points requirements.
- # 45
You do not need to provide this evidence if you are making an extension or change of
employment application to do the same or different job for the same sponsor, or if your salary in
the UK will be £73,900 or more per year.
Please advise? I also don't mind exploring the Exceptional Talent visa, I understand I would need to go the tech nations route. But I have no clarity on what qualifies and what does not for this category.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 (ICT, LT) Change of Employment query

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 20, 2019 7:23 pm

Just to get this straight - you are proposing to move to another Sponsor under Tier 2 ICT with a salary of over £73,900.

Yip that is entirely possible, it was not the original intent of the paragraph, it was more designed to get high end ICT earners / workers to the UK that had not completed the 12 months work requirements.

Looks ok to me