ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling together with British spouse with ILR

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ashoksharma2621
Newly Registered

Travelling together with British spouse with ILR

Post by ashoksharma2621 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi

I am british and my wife (indian citizen) has ILR since 2011. We are planning to go for visiting Paris together. I was told that She can travel without any Schenegan visa provided she travels with me. Is it true? What document do we need to carry? I am assuming Marriage certificate with passport containing ILR permit should be ok? Please advise
I looked into website "https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/apply-from-uk/" and it also says this

Does the spouse of British national with UK permanent residence need a Schengen visa?
Yes, the non-EU spouse of a UK national requires a visa to travel to the Schengen Area. However, if the following conditions are met then they are not required a visa:

The spouse holds a UK Residence Permit that states that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National.
Travelling with or joining the EEA/EU spouse.

She holds the ILR i.e resident permit of UK and i m british passport holder as well and we will travel together.

Is that sufficient?

Please advise.

best regards
AK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling together with British spouse with ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:07 pm

She needs a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashoksharma2621
Newly Registered

Post by ashoksharma2621 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:26 pm

I am wondering why does she need a visa when she has the Residence permit saying "Indefinite leave to remain" i.e. ILR on her Indian passport. Also, my name is already endorsed in her passport as spouse name.

Please advise. We are only planning to visit europe together and i read lot of success stories in this forum where people have travelled with their non-eu spouse.

Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:34 pm

I am wondering why does she need a visa when she has the Residence permit saying "Indefinite leave to remain" i.e. ILR on her Indian passport. Also, my name is already endorsed in her passport as spouse name.
The piece you quote is relevant to family of EU (non British) citizen who has an EU Residence Card clearly stating Family Member of EU citizen. Your wife does not have this and has never had if she had a spouse settlement visa and ILR under the UK immigration rules. Your name on her passport is irrelevant.
The spouse holds a UK Residence Permit that states that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National.
Travelling with or joining the EEA/EU spouse.
Please advise. We are only planning to visit europe together and i read lot of success stories in this forum where people have travelled with their non-eu spouse.
Your choice if you wish to risk it but you could be refused entry and refused boarding a plane if she is flying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.