ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 without ILR for child born outside ( 11 years Old)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

surfsumi
Mood:

MN1 without ILR for child born outside ( 11 years Old)

Post by surfsumi » Tue May 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Dear All,
I' have ILR & my younger child is BC. My wife & older child ( 11 years old ) still on the FLRO ( under 7 year rule ) visa & will qualify for ILR ( 10 year residence) in end of July this year. How ever their current visa expires March / 2020. I'm wondering if I could apply for my elder child MN1 rather than go through ILR purely because of Visa fee. We were given FLRO visa under 7 year rule because of my elder child. Home office granted that visa on First tier tribunal decision few years back.
Gladly waiting for respected gurus & members with similar experience advice.
many thanks.
SURESH

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 without ILR for child born outside ( 11 years Old)

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:21 pm

Children born abroad are expected to hold ILR, ie be free from immigration time restrictions AND can only apply when one parent is British or applying at the same time AND the other parent holds ILR. Born abroad children have no entitlement to register. It is at HO discretion.

As an 11 year old, the child will also be subject to the Good character requirement,
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.