ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre settled statue application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

derick4real
- thin ice -
Mood:
Germany

Pre settled statue application

Post by derick4real » Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Hello guys,
Firstly, i thank everyone on this site, for making out time from their individual busy schedules, making a huge contributions in helping resolve issues.

I'm non Eu FM with a Uk residence card since June 2018. My passport is expiring in September 2019.
I'm planning to apply for pre settled statue using my current passport, because i want to travel home in July 2019.

My Question is!!!

1) Should i apply for the pre settled statue with my current passport and be carrying both old and new passports with me when i travel? Or

2) Should i renew my passport immediately and make the application using the new passport? which is a prefer option for me, as i would't enjoy carry two my passport. But then, how can i prove my identity for the pre settled statue using the mobile app?

3) Can i scan both passport as prove of Id?

Thanks in advance for you contribution.
Derick

kamoe

Re: Pre settled statue application

Post by kamoe » Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 pm

derick4real wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm
how can i prove my identity for the pre settled statue using the mobile app?
As non-EU family member, you have to use your biometric residence card to apply with the App, not your passport.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

derick4real
- thin ice -
Mood:
Germany

Post by derick4real » Fri May 24, 2019 12:25 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 pm
derick4real wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm
how can i prove my identity for the pre settled statue using the mobile app?
As non-EU family member, you have to use your biometric residence card to apply with the App, not your passport.
Thank you for the response, so If i can not update my new passport using the mobile app, what will happen at the border when reentry the country using a renewed international passport that is different from the expired passport used on my current FM residence card?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri May 24, 2019 2:18 pm

derick4real wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:25 pm
Thank you for the response, so If i can not update my new passport using the mobile app, what will happen at the border when reentry the country using a renewed international passport that is different from the expired passport used on my current FM residence card?
OK, actually your question has nothing to do with Pre settled status at all. It has to do with the validity of your current EEA Residence card in the event of your passport becoming invalid.

Answer is, you have two options in the event of obtaining a new passport:

a) you apply for a new Residence Card, or
b) carry both your passports with you when you travel.

Here's where you can check this (end of the page): https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... rd/replace
You can apply for a new residence card or permanent residence card if the passport containing your old residence card has expired - you cannot transfer it to a new passport.

If you do not get a new card for your new passport, you’ll have to carry both your expired passport and your new passport when you travel.
The above applies regardless if you apply for the settlement scheme or not.

Now, applying the above in the case of wanting ot apply for Pre-Settled status, you have two options:

a) You renew your passport, then get a new EEA residence card, then apply to Pre-Settled status with that new residence card.

Pros: This way you only need to carry your new passport and new residence card when you travel.
Cons: You need to do three things, which takes time!

b) You apply for Pre-Settled status with your current residence card, then you renew your passport.

Pros: You only do two things.
Cons: You need to carry both your old and new passports and your current residence card when you travel.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

derick4real
- thin ice -
Mood:
Germany

Post by derick4real » Fri May 24, 2019 11:57 pm

Thanks a lot Kamoe,

I'll just apply for Pre-Settled status with my current residence card, then renew my passport and carry both my old and new passports, including my current residence card when i travel.

Really appreciate your time.Cheers