ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada Study and Immigration

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

junaidjarral
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Canada Study and Immigration

Post by junaidjarral » Wed May 22, 2019 12:19 am

Hi guys,
I am new on the forum, just signed up. I wish to seek information about work and study in Canada. I have done BS Honors in Computer sciences and IELTS with overall score of 6.5. Now can someone tell me which is the better option among these two? i.e., study of work permit. and how much it costs for both cases?
I'm from Pakistan.
Wish to see a positive response real soon... :D

maxcan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Re: Canada Study and Immigration

Post by maxcan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:55 pm

It depends what you want to do, and what you can do.

If you want to live in Canada permanently, you should try to get a work permit.

But you need to have work experience and be valuable to a Canadian employer in order to get a work permit. So if you have fairly unique skills and experience and can get a work permit (and your employer can get an LMIA) then you should go this route.

But if you can't get a job offer, you can look into schooling. You need to find schools which offer programs you are interested in and can qualify for. Once you find some, you can apply for admission. Once you are admitted, you can apply for a study permit.

Once you have graduated, you may be eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit, which does not require a job offer.

After one year of skilled work experience in Canada you can apply for PR.

nagasuresh
Newly Registered
India

Re: Canada Study and Immigration

Post by nagasuresh » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:44 pm

Is it easy to find a job in canada as an engineer? Which province is better to find a job on this field? thank you