ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Teeguy001
Newly Registered
Ireland

Help needed

Post by Teeguy001 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:37 pm

Hi,
I want to ask a question please, I have a Irish wife who has one child and we are married living in UK, I live with her in her council flat because she’s not working and claiming benefits, we are planning to relocate to Ireland, and I am planning to submit an application to the Irish embassy in london, please what document do I need to submit and because she’s not work will this affect in any way?

Below are things to check
1. The child is for another man
2. We have our marriage certificate in Uk
3. I have a right to remain the Uk (Retain right of residence) not ILR

Am just concern that she’s not working and claming benefits .

Reply will be appreciated

joker
Ireland

Re: Help needed

Post by joker » Wed May 22, 2019 6:36 am

If she can't work then you can't either as your rights are dependent on her exercising her rights. And now you know they share information forget applying for a visa and try a different country

zeus121
Ireland

Post by zeus121 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:25 am

I would advise you to get a tourist visa and come to Ireland and book an online appointment with GNIB and go with your Irish wife to the appointment with the marriage certificate and other required documents and they will give you stamp 4 visa to live and work in Ireland. They won't ask for your wife's income. You will need 3 different address proofs to prove you both are living together.

Teeguy001
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Teeguy001 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:37 am

Thank you both

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed May 22, 2019 9:46 am

If you wouldn’t mind me asking, how are you going to support yourselves? The property rents and grocery price are arguably more expensive than that in the UK, and you won’t be able to get a council house here - well she can join the waitlist but that would be super long considering your current circumstances.

Getting Stamp 4 shouldn’t be an issue. The issue is whether you will be allowed to come over to join spouse. I can’t see any legal basis that would allow someone on tourism visa to join their spouse.