ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sunoo

Assistance with Spouse visa extension

Post by sunoo » Tue May 21, 2019 9:42 am

Hi everyone and here I am back again :)

My Mrs came to UK in November 2016 on Spouse visa and her visa is expiring in first week of August this year. Can someone please answer the below questions:

1- Can we apply now?
2- My wife have part time support job but I work full time and my salaried income is well over 50k. So do I have to submit join income or I should simply submit my 6 payslips+employee letter+bank statements+P60 as a proof?
3- We have all the letters individually on our names/address to show that we have been living together but they are quiet a lot a big bundle. Do we need to submit all that?
4- Since my Mrs came to UK we were blessed with 2 kids both born in the UK and are British nationals. Do we need to submit their birth certificates/passports to show that it is not bogus marriage?
5- We been living in the same residence since my Mrs came to UK and I remember when I first applied her EC I submitted mortgage statement and also a report from estate agent. Do I still need to submit a report? If Yes then can I use the same report or it has to be a fresh report?
6- When I first applied for her EC I submitted many photographs + Chat + Phone records etc. Do we need still need to submit all this again?

I would appreciate if someone can answer the above questions as I have decided this time to apply myself rather than using solicitors (I was let down last time).

Also If there are any guidance notes which can help prepare online application?

Regards

sunoo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Assistance with Spouse visa extension

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:56 am

1. She should apply no sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence, counted from the date she entered the UK. Applying too early will result in a shortfall for ILR and will then need another FLR(M) extension to cover a couple of months.

2. Your income alone is fine.

3. You need 2 years evidence and 6 different sources.

4. Birth certs possibly yes.

5. No report no.

6. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 am

Thanks CR001.

She came in November 2016, Visa is valid till first week of August this year. She has already crossed 30 months so why do we wait till July? I don't think if there will be a shortfall?

regards

sunoo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:15 am

sunoo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 am
Thanks CR001.

She came in November 2016, Visa is valid till first week of August this year. She has already crossed 30 months so why do we wait till July? I don't think if there will be a shortfall?

regards

sunoo
Where exactly did I state you should wait till July??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Tue May 21, 2019 10:21 am

I was just making sure that she is not short of 30 months and I think she already crossed 31st month so we are good to apply now :)

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Wed May 22, 2019 8:50 am

Can someone please let me know if I can use the same property inspection report or if I don't need to submit any report or If I have to get a new one?

It is a two bedroom flat and we are the couple living with our two kids.

thanks

sunoo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:52 am

You need new updated documents when applying for an extension.

However if it is ONLY yourself, your spouse and kids living there, you do NOT require a property inspection report.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Wed May 22, 2019 9:25 am

Thanks and much appreciated. Atleast one less thing to do :)

When I applied for EC for my Mrs, I have had to submit details about my previous marriage e.g. divorce documents. Do we need to send those again?

Regards

sunoo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:27 am

Possibly, I don't know. The online form will tell you what is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Wed May 22, 2019 9:41 am

Yes, the online application form asks for the detail of previous marriages and requires any divorce certificates to be included with supporting documents.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Thu May 23, 2019 10:36 am

Thanks.

i am in process of filling the form. What do I answer to the below question:

What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?

Family or Settlement?

sunoo

Assistance with Studid questionnaire for extension

Post by sunoo » Thu May 23, 2019 11:19 am

Hi all,

I am currently going through the online application questionnaire. It asks about "Non applying children" and why they are not applying. Well It's because they were born in the UK.

Next, It asks details only of 1 child ( we have two ) and the reasons why child is not applying which we have already entered that both children are British nationals.

Has anyone came across this situation and shall we just provide information about our eldest only and simply proceed?

This is probably the worst form I have ever came across with unnecessary and misleading questions.

Regards

sunoo

sunoo

Online Bank statements for FLR(M)

Post by sunoo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:53 am

Hi All,

As far as I am aware online bank statements cannot be used towards cohabitation evidence as they do not come through the post. But can we use online downloaded pdf statements and upload them as is on Sopra Steria for financial requirement? OR do we have print them off get them stamped from the bank and scan them and upload them to Sopra Steria?

Finally, does anyone can assist with what documents needs to uploaded under what category on Sopra Steria. I have following documents:

Applicant's BRP
Applicant's Passport
3 declaration forms
Marriage certificate
Divorce certificate
Sponsor's Passport
2 Children British passports and their birth certificates
House Land Registry document, Mortgage statement and authority letter
Financial documents e.g. payslips, back statements and employer letter + P60
Cohabitation letters

Please assist.

Sunoo

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Online Bank statements for FLR(M)

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:50 pm

sunoo wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:53 am
Hi All,

As far as I am aware online bank statements cannot be used towards cohabitation evidence as they do not come through the post.

Online bank statements carry the home address and if they are stamped by the bank then can definitely be used for cohabitation purposes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sunoo

Re: Online Bank statements for FLR(M)

Post by sunoo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:56 am

Application submitted online on 11/06 and statement stamped by bank on 16/06. Will it be acceptable by HO? Bank only stamped them but didn't sign them. Will that make any difference?

sunoo

Cohabitation evidence

Post by sunoo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:57 am

Hi All, i and my Mrs do not have any joint letters so we have to submit individuals. This is how I am going to scan and upload. Please confirm if this should be OK?

SPONSOR

Barclaycard statement May 19
Barclaycard statement November 18
DVLA personalised number September 18
Postal poll card April 18
Nationwide statement January 18
Mortgage Statement October 17
Nationwide Statement June 17
HM Revenue April 17
Council Tax Bill February 17
Water Bill November 16

APPLICANT

Barclays Statement May 19
GP Appt letter November 18
NHS Hospital apptt April 18
Postal Vote Application April 18
NHS screening December 17
NHS apptt June 17
NHS MRI apptt March 17
Barclaye passcode January 17
NHS registration confirmation November 16

Is there anything I am missing or should or shouldn't include? Any suggestions?

Casa

Re: Cohabitation evidence

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:42 am

DEFINITELY don't include the Barclaycard pin code for security reasons :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:51 am

Casa wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:42 am
Pincode sticker have been removed and it is not visible in scanned document. Is that list looks good or shall I add/remove anything?

manitops

Post by manitops » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:46 am

sunoo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:51 am
Casa wrote:
Pincode sticker have been removed and it is not visible in scanned document. Is that list looks good or shall I add/remove anything?
This should be fine since the pin sticker is removed

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:23 am

manitops wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:46 am
sunoo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:51 am
Casa wrote:
This should be fine since the pin sticker is removed
Thanks manitops. How about the list of documents? Are they enough or do you think I should add/remove something in that list of documents?

manitops

Post by manitops » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:56 pm

sunoo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:23 am
Thanks manitops. How about the list of documents? Are they enough or do you think I should add/remove something in that list of documents?
The document list looks okay. Having something in joint names helps your case

I see you listed Council Tax, why can't you call the council and have both names added since you live in the same address

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:07 pm

manitops wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:56 pm
sunoo wrote:

I see you listed Council Tax, why can't you call the council and have both names added since you live in the same address
Hopefully you're not claiming single person discount for the Council tax. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:07 pm
manitops wrote:
sunoo wrote:

Hopefully you're not claiming single person discount for the Council tax. :idea:
100% not. I can add my Mrs name for the future ILR application but it can't done now. Don't you think that list have enough individual items for the positive outcome of the application? Someone said to me that you adding too many NHS letters for your Mrs and that could be a problem.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:14 pm

sunoo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:12 pm
Casa wrote:
manitops wrote:
sunoo wrote:

100% not. I can add my Mrs name for the future ILR application but it can't done now. Don't you think that list have enough individual items for the positive outcome of the application? Someone said to me that you adding too many NHS letters for your Mrs and that could be a problem.
The problem is that you only have 2 sources effectively for your spouse, Barclay card and NHS. Don't you have anything else in her name??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:14 pm
sunoo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:12 pm
Casa wrote:
manitops wrote:

The problem is that you only have 2 sources effectively for your spouse, Barclay card and NHS. Don't you have anything else in her name??
Third source a postal application letter but we only have one item. I will see and try to find if I can find couple of more items to add.