ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Single Entry Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SunnySole
Newly Registered

Single Entry Visa

Post by SunnySole » Wed May 22, 2019 9:31 am

If you have valid ILR and have been outside of the UK for less than 2 years but noticed that your BRP has expired whilst outside the UK, what course of action can you take to get a single entry visa to come back into the UK to replace your BRP and is this the route to take?

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Single Entry Visa

Post by bizman » Wed May 22, 2019 9:42 am

It will advisable you get in touch with the high commission of UK in your home country. They will tell you what to do. I think they should be able to process your new BRP for you.
Bizman

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:47 am

bizman wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:42 am
It will advisable you get in touch with the high commission of UK in your home country. They will tell you what to do. I think they should be able to process your new BRP for you.
Brps are not processed or issued outside the UK, they are processed in Wales. The user would need a single entry visa or apply for a returning resident visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SunnySole
Newly Registered

Post by SunnySole » Wed May 22, 2019 10:52 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:47 am
bizman wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:42 am
Brps are not processed or issued outside the UK, they are processed in Wales. The user would need a single entry visa or apply for a returning resident visa.
Was looking at single entry visas & they look like they are only for when you lose or have your BRP stolen and I thought a returning resident visa is for when you've been out of the UK for over 2 years. This is what is confusing me. Any suggestions?