ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETM few questions. applying in 10 days >.<

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

NEED ADVICE ON NEW VISA SYSTEM RE ILR SETM

Post by filjap88 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi there

I was about to book for my ILR application for May only to find out from the website that the premium service offices are now closed. I panicked for a bit and then i found out they are introducing a new system on visa applications. I have a few questions and i do apologise in advance incase these questions have already been brought up by other users but I hope someone could enlighten me and share their experience with the new system specifically in applying for ILR setM.

So my visa will expire 29th of may this year, in my previous applications which was done through premium service, i normally book months in advance, but i believe this has all changed. So here are some of my questions:

1. If my FLR expires 29th of May this year, how soon can I do and submit the online application?

2. Once ive submit the online application, is it hard to get a schedule to go to one of their centres? as it happened with premium service offices before that people have difficulty in getting an available date for appearance in their centres.

3. I took life in the UK test in 2011 and passed, do i need to take the exam again given that my first one was dated 8 yrs ago?

4. I will be applying solely under CASH SAVINGS as financial requirement, will 35,000 in savings be enough or do i need to submit my wife and my payslips? we previously showed 65,000 in total savings for my FLRM and didnt need to supply our payslips.

5. In one of the questions, i need to declare all the time ive spent outside the UK which was maximum of 4 weeks holiday. I was here as a student from 2011 and got married 2014. Do i need to declare all the holidays from 2011 or would it just be from when i got my spouse visa in 2014?

Thank you so much in advance and May God bless you always.

Respectfully
FILJAP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NEED ADVICE ON NEW VISA SYSTEM RE ILR SETM

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:01 pm

1. On what date did you ENTER the UK on your spouse visa or what date was it issued if you applied within the UK? That is what determines when you can apply for ILR.

2. No, most members are getting appointments within 2 weeks. Obviously dependent on your UK location and what service you select.

3. No.

4. Not sure.

5. Only the time under the spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by filjap88 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi CR001

Thank you for the reply.

I was issued my first spouse visa 28th of May 2014. Ive been told that the date of the online application will be considered as the date of application. My previous applications done through the premium office in croydon were booked way in advance prior to my visa expiry date thats why I wasnt sure as to when to apply this time.

And im so relieved to know that I wouldnt need to take the life in the Uk exam anymore. THanks CR!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:16 pm

I was issued my first spouse visa 28th of May 2014.
You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before 28th May 2019.
Ive been told that the date of the online application will be considered as the date of application.

For ILR yes, it is the date you submit and pay online.

Don't forget you need also meet the English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by filjap88 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:21 pm

Thanks Cr.

Although im still confused about my financial requirement and if anyone can give me an advice about question #4 i would be over the moon.

Thanks again guys and more power to this forum!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by filjap88 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:54 pm
The guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf
Hi

The link doesnt work. :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:41 pm

filjap88 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:32 pm
Zimba wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:54 pm
The guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf
Hi

The link doesnt work. :(
Try this one.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by filjap88 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi guys

Thank you so much for all your inputs. Truly appreciate it. I am applying for my ILR in 4 weeks so im a bit desperate and i hope someone here can help me. Since english is not my first language, there are some words on the financial requirement guideline that I find very confusing and I hope someone here can just verify or give me some advice if my understanding is correct. :oops: :oops:

So basically all I want to know is how much cash savings do i need to show for ILR SETM. At my entry clearance visa and further leave visa I have showed a total of 62,500 GBP and I got this calculation from APPENDIX 7.2.2 on the financial requirement guideline that says:

7.2.2. At the entry clearance/initial leave to remain stage and the further leave stage, the amount of cash savings above £16,000 must be divided by 2.5 (to reflect the 2.5 year or 30- month period before the applicant will have to make a further application) to give the amount which can be used in meeting the financial requirement. The following equation is to be used:
(x minus 16,000) divided by 2.5 = y
Where x is the total amount of cash savings held by the applicant, their partner, or both
jointly for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application and under their control.
And y is the amount which can be used towards the financial requirement.

AND

7.2.3. At the indefinite leave to remain stage, the whole of the amount above £16,000 can beused. And the following equation is to be used:
(x minus 16,000) = y

So am i right to say that 35,000 Cash savings would suffice given that 35000 - 16000 = 19000 which is higher than the required income of 18600 per year? or would it be safer for me to submit our proof of salaried employment as well?

I apologise for the lengthy post, and thank you for taking the time to read.

Regards and More power to this site! God bless!

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

SETM few questions. applying in 10 days >.<

Post by filjap88 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi guys

I have a few questions regarding my SETM application. I hope someone can enlighten me with this confusion as I am having a bit of a panic attack as application is due soon.

1. On scanning the letters of correspondence, some of the bills and bank statements are more than 1 page. I only scanned the first page showing our names and the dates as I think for proof of cohabitation you only need to show the letters are addressed to u and your sponsor and has to be spread evenly within the last 2.5 years. Am i correct? Kindly advise.

2. On the online application form, it says i have to give details of time spent outside UK. Does it mean the time you have "resided" outside of UK for the past 5 years? I have only been out for 3 weeks to a month max and it was just for holidays. Do i have to write that down as well?

3. I will be applying solely under Cash Savings to meet the financial requirement so I'm assuming I wont need to show any proofs of employment etc just like what I have done in my last 2 applications. On the online form there is a part where they asked sponsor and applicants employment details and how much we are earning. As we are not applying through our salaried employment, Do we have to fill that in or just leave it blank?

Also, I cant see any where that I can put the details of my cash savings etc nor there is a question that asked how we're going to meet the financial requirement? :? :? :?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and more power to this forum and many thanks to all the moderators who are so patient in answering all our questions! Thanks guys! :)

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

SETM FINAL CHECKLIST

Post by filjap88 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi guys, finally uploaded all my docs to sopra steria ready for this weeks appointment in croydon. Wanna share my checklist for everyone whos applying in the same category as me hoping it would help in your application.

PROOF OF IDENTITY
Sponsor Passport (British) - uploaded in 2 parts as scanned in high res(more than 6mb)

PROOF OF APPLICATION
Applicant Current Passport - uploaded in 4 parts
BRP
Applicant Old Passport (All pages)
Declaration signed by partner/Relationship Declaration

OTHER
Consent Form (not sure about this but uploaded anyway)

RESIDENCE IN UK
Accomodation Letter from my Mum stating permission for us to stay in her property
Completion of Registration
Mum's Full Passport

Joint Gas Electric Bill May2019
Joint Water Bill Feb2019
Applicant NHS Letter Jan2019
Sponsor Barclays Bank Letter Nov2018
Sponsor Halifax Bank Letter Oct2018
Applicant GP Letter July2018
Sponsor Halifax Letter April2018
Joint Gas Electric Bill Jan2018
Sponsor DVLA Letter Oct2017
Applicant Bank Statement Jun2017
Joint Water Bill Feb2017
Applicant Barclaycard Letter Nov2016

FINANCES (Applying through Cash Savings)
Bank Statements from NOV2018-MAY2019 - Over £37K (£34,600 minimum requirement for ILR)
Declaration Letter from Mum as proof of source of funds (part of cash savings was a gift from her)
Applicant Declaration Letter (not sure but uploaded anyway as shown on checklist)
Old bank statement-proof of bank transfer showing money came from mum's account
ISA Account Statement - proof that i own this account and i have transferred money from this account into my savings account

PROOF OF BUSINESS
N/A

LIFE EVENTS
Marriage Certificate

MEDICAL INFORMATION
N/A

EMPLOYMENT
N/A as applying through Cash Savings as financial req. Should I include an employment letter to prove we are employed?

EDUCATIONAL
B1 Certificate from Trinity College
Life in the UK Test Pass Notification Letter (dated 2011)

PS
Should i provide photos? I have never done so in my previous 2 applications but I have read people stating they include photos in their application. Also, what documents can i provide to support my other reasons to stay in UK? I have wrote down on my form that I have no family left in Japan and the only family I have is my wife, mum and sis who are all british citizens and residing in England. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Filjap x

herrrr

Re: SETM few questions. applying in 10 days >.<

Post by herrrr » Mon May 20, 2019 8:06 am

Hi, thanks for sharing. I have the same question regarding the document scanning (first page or all pages). Did you upload the documents with first page scanned at the end? Thanks.

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by filjap88 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:52 pm

herrrr wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:06 am
Hi, thanks for sharing. I have the same question regarding the document scanning (first page or all pages). Did you upload the documents with first page scanned at the end? Thanks.
Hi

Are you referring to the correspondence letters? If so, yes i scanned all pages as i did not want to chance it.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Wed May 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Yes I did mean the correspondence letters. There wasn’t a specific evidence requirement on official guideline so I guess it’s sensible to include all you’ve got.

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by filjap88 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Hi guys

Just letting u know ive got my ILR approved 24 hrs after doing my biometrics last week! Thank you all for the help and more power to this forum! :)