ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from UK for Tier 2 Family Members

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shalidkc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Switch to Tier 2 PBS Dependent visa

Post by shalidkc » Thu May 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi Team,

Thanks for answering my previous queries related.

Finally, my wife received her COS for Tier 2 General (Shortage Occupation). Now I am looking to switch my visa from tier 2 general to tier 2 dependant based on her visa.

My question
1. Can I work with the same company which I am currently working with Tier 2 General (this company issues COS for me) if I change the visa from tier 2 general to tier 2 dependant? or do I need to get any letter from the company to submit to the UK immigration department when I apply for my tier 2 dependant visa?

2. Do I need to still show the maintenance fund required for the last 3 months in my account?

Regards,
Shalid

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch to Tier 2 PBS Dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Can I work with the same company which I am currently working with Tier 2 General (this company issues COS for me) if I change the visa from tier 2 general to tier 2 dependant?
Yes, but it is of course entirely up to your employer if they keep you on. You will have to update them once you get a new visa.
or do I need to get any letter from the company to submit to the UK immigration department when I apply for my tier 2 dependant visa?
No.
Do I need to still show the maintenance fund required for the last 3 months in my account?

Yes, £630 for 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shalidkc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shalidkc » Thu May 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Many thanks for the swift reply on topic.

the question again related to fund maintenance. since my company will keep me in the job, will the letter from the company and my past month's payslips satisfy the requirement. because I may have to apply for the visa this month for some other reason and I didn't keep this much amount in my account for past months.

otherwise, I may have to wait for another 3 months before I start my application?

Appreciate your feedback on above.

Regards,
Shalid

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:17 pm

the question again related to fund maintenance. since my company will keep me in the job, will the letter from the company and my past month's payslips satisfy the requirement.

NO! Your employment is completely irrelevant for a tier 2 dependent visa.
because I may have to apply for the visa this month for some other reason and I didn't keep this much amount in my account for past months.
If you don't have proof of maintenance funds in either your account or your spouse account, your application will fail.
otherwise, I may have to wait for another 3 months before I start my application?
You will have to wait. Maintenance funds is mandatory.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shalidkc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shalidkc » Thu May 16, 2019 11:39 am

Hi there,
I manage to get the confirmation from my wife's employer that their COS state that they can support the family members if it requires with the required fund. so I believe this will resolve me maintaining 90 days fund for my self and kids.

another related query, Can I apply for switching the visa to tier 2 PBS the same time(from the UK) while she applies for tier 2 General from India (home country) ? or should I wait for her to get her visa and then I apply to switch from here.

Regards,
Shalid

shalidkc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shalidkc » Wed May 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Anyone got idea about my above query?

shalidkc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shalidkc » Tue May 28, 2019 12:05 pm

I didn't get any response. but I manage to apply visa for my wife (from India), myself and kids from the UK yesterday. My wife appointment with UK Visa centre was today. I believe she gets her visa in 7 working days (priority route).

another related query. I choose the option standard service while applying from the UK but I realized the mistake after submitting the application that I should have to choose Priority service to get a decision in 10 working days. So is there any way that it can be upgraded either via online or during my appointment with UKVCAS.?

shalidkc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Applying from UK for Tier 2 Family Members

Post by shalidkc » Tue May 28, 2019 12:12 pm

Hi Team,

I manage to apply visa for my wife (from India), myself and kids from the UK yesterday. My wife appointment with UK Visa center was today. I believe she gets her visa in 7 working days (priority route).

But I choose the option standard service while applying from the UK but I realized the mistake after submitting the application that I should have to choose Priority service to get a decision in 10 working days. So is there any way that it can be upgraded either via online or during my appointment with UKVCAS.?

Is there any way to upgrade the services from standard to Priority once the application has been submitted? I have a job offer where the start date is 1st July 2019. since the standard service takes time more, I need help to upgrade to priority service where the decision will be made by 10 working days?

nowhere it mention about the required optional documents, so please let me know if anyone knows what are the optional documents needs to upload?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying from UK for Tier 2 Family Members

Post by CR001 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:38 pm

You cannot change what you have selected now as far as I am aware.

Why did you not wait for your spouse to get her visa before applying for dependents??

The online form would have told you what supporting documents are required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shalidkc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Applying from UK for Tier 2 Family Members

Post by shalidkc » Tue May 28, 2019 1:22 pm

I made application same time since I have a job offer and they want me to join 1st July 2019 latest. This is the reason that I rushed to my application for a visa.

the online form only told me that passport and BRP mandatory document required.