ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UAN needed to log in to UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

YorkieG
Newly Registered

UAN needed to log in to UKVCAS

Post by YorkieG » Wed May 22, 2019 6:05 pm

I have finally managed to find the time to complete my application for British Citizenship and have paid the fee and actually managed to log in to UKVCAS’ website to upload some of the documents required to submit.

I couldn’t find any appointments at the nearest centre which I have used in December for my ILR application so I kept logging in and out to see if any has come up and everything was normal (The system has detected both the ILR and the British Citizenship application and I was asked to choose which application I wanted to access every time I logged in).

Monday evening I tried to log back in to see if I can get any appointments and this time I got the following message after entering my email and password to log in as usual:

We have detected multiple applications connected to this email address. Please enter the UAN of the application you wish to access.

As I was only issued a case ID but no Unique Application Number, I have contacted the Home Office to enquire and they advised that I’d send an email to natinalitybiometrics@homeoffice.gov.uk and that they’d send me the 16 digit UAN, which I have done and hopefully will receive it within the 10 working days’ timescale published through the automatic reply to my email.

Does this sound normal? Has anyone else been through this situation? Why was I allowed to access my UKVCAS account for a few days and successfully upload some documents if the UAN was a required information to proceed? And why was the number not provided if it was required to access my account in order to upload documents and book an appointment to enrol my biometrics?

Can anyone shed a light on this? Has anyone else been asked for their UAN to access their UKVCAS account?

Thank you in advance

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: UAN needed to log in to UKVCAS

Post by tier21419 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:50 am

Yes, they asked me the same. I think they have updated their backend service/website recently. You will find this UAN in the pdf attachment that you have received from UKVCAS i.e. the email confirming your biometric appointment.

harshalindani
Newly Registered
India

Post by harshalindani » Tue May 28, 2019 12:47 pm

It has happened with me as well and I have no idea where to get this number from.

If you receive any response, please post on this thread.

Thanks,
H

arttijirs
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by arttijirs » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Hi

I have just experienced the same thing today.
Download your document checklist from your UKVI application link, the UNA number is mentioned it there.
I have used it and it worked.

Hope this help

w0nderw0man
Newly Registered

Post by w0nderw0man » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:13 am

I too have been requested for a UAN, as I have used the Sopra Steria website to apply for my ILR earlier this year. THANK YOU for confirming where to find it, as it's on the final document checklist, but not on the final copy of the application form... This has saved me a headache! :D

bhumipatel
Newly Registered

Post by bhumipatel » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Can you please help me where to look UAN please?
Thank you in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:47 pm

bhumipatel wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:37 pm
Can you please help me where to look UAN please?
Thank you in advance
w0nderw0man wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:13 am
as it's on the final document checklist, but not on the final copy of the application form...
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.