ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

october2013

Indefinite leave to remain

Post by october2013 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:28 pm

I need some guidance and input please - this is for a friend of mine

She came in to the UK on a domestic worker visa pre April 2012 and has consistently renewed her visa - her recent application got declined although she has appealed and is waiting for a date.

Fortunately she has just passed her LITUK test and my questions are as follow

1) If she has spent 10 years LR can she apply for ILR via the LR route? or is she restricted to the SET O route - saying this because of the massive costs implications

2) If she has spent less than 10 years - i know this would be the only route for her as she came in pre April 2012 ----- what are the exact documents she needs to submit to support her application please?
She had to be away in 2017 for a month because her father passed on suddenly - i do not believe there was a death certificate or that she has one in her possession (if there is one).
She also has a 3 year old child born here in the UK to a non EEA migrant - they were never legally married and are currently separated.

Apologies if this question has been asked previously but i just need something more current under the new rules that i can show her.
I am assuming if she is successful, she becomes unrestricted and can seek alternative employment - cos i tried reading the current rules but got even more confused when it says "she can apply for settlement but must intend to continue working for the same employer"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite leave to remain

Post by CR001 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:32 pm

What 'recent application' did she make that got refused and what was the reason for refusal??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

october2013

Post by october2013 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:51 pm

she applied for an extension of her DW visa - i think this was the 3rd or 4th extension she has made. The reason for refusal was that she hadnt proved she was been paid the national min wage i think

october2013

Post by october2013 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:32 pm
What 'recent application' did she make that got refused and what was the reason for refusal??

Hi, i wonder if you have the time to respond please? i really appreciate your imput