ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uploading mandatory documents to Sopra Steria site

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bluewatch
Newly Registered
South Africa

Uploading mandatory documents to Sopra Steria site

Post by bluewatch » Thu May 23, 2019 5:59 pm

HI all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
I am currently applying for naturalisation based on ancestry - my father is a UK citizen by birth. I have completed the online application form. According to that form, the documents I have to submit are my passport, my birth certificate on which my father is named, and my father's birth certificate.
I have all of these documents.

However, when I created my Sopra Steria account and booked my (paid - £60) appointment, there was no option on the site to upload any mandatory documentation. The option to upload optional documentation is there, so it isn't an issue with all uploads.

Does anyone know why this might be the case? Do I just keep logging in every few days and trying? What will happen if I'm not able to upload them before my appointment?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Uploading mandatory documents to Sopra Steria site

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Are you applying on form UKF?

My understanding was that HO expects to see original documents so they can be verified and authenticated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bluewatch
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Uploading mandatory documents to Sopra Steria site

Post by bluewatch » Thu May 23, 2019 10:13 pm

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I'm applying on form UKF. I have originals of all the required documents and I will take all of them to my appointment - I also have additional supporting documentation that I'm going to take as well. I just thought that part of the point of the online application system was that your documents were available to the caseworkers from the get-go. I just really do not want to encounter any hitches in this process, and I've read so many horror stories about faulty equipment and poorly-organised appointments on the part of Sopra Steria. I would like to do as much as I possibly can to make the process as smooth as I can.