ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Sticker on old passport to BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JJUK
Newly Registered

ILR Sticker on old passport to BRP

Post by JJUK » Mon May 06, 2019 7:31 am

Hi all

Thanks in advance for the guidance as always. I got my ILR in 2010 on my old passport. I am planning to change my job and found out I need to have a Biometrics card. I was filling my online form and noticed it could take 6months and passport has to be submitted along with this form.

Kindly suggest, if I can keep my passport with me whilst applying for biometrics card, like British nationality checks at the local council buildings.

Thanks
JJUK

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Sticker on old passport to BRP

Post by zimba » Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 am

UKVI does not keep the passports anymore. By using UKVCAS service centers, it will be scanned and you will keep your passport.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Wed May 15, 2019 9:17 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 am
UKVI does not keep the passports anymore. By using UKVCAS service centers, it will be scanned and you will keep your passport.
Hi Zumba, do you know could I travel while I am waiting the BRP? I have similar situations. Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 pm

You can travel and reenter the UK with ILR sticker if it is still valid.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 pm
You can travel and reenter the UK with ILR sticker if it is still valid.
Thank you Zimba! I have ILE sticker in my expired passport but I have been used it and reenter the UK few time.

justabby0174
Newly Registered

Post by justabby0174 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 am
Hi Zimba.. I will apply for citizenship and just wondering if ILR visa attached in my old passport is enough as a document or do I have to have a BRP card to apply for citizenship? Your thoughts on this is much appreciated. Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 23, 2019 11:25 pm

BRP is not needed