ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 am

Rubyduchess wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 am
Hello all,

I hope someone can help me here. I got my ILR on the 22nd of June 2018 and I want to apply for my naturalization/citizenship soon. I read somewhere but cannot remember where ages ago that I can apply for citizenship 28 days before the 22nd of June. Can someone please confirm if this is true?

Also can I apply for naturalization and passport at the same time?

Thanks all in advance.
No you cannot apply early. There is no '28 days early concession' for British citizenship, it ONLY applies to UK Immigration applications. You MUST hold ILR for the full 12 months.

No you cannot apply for citizenship and passport jointly anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rubyduchess
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Rubyduchess » Fri May 10, 2019 11:12 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 am
Rubyduchess wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 am
Hello all,

I hope someone can help me here. I got my ILR on the 22nd of June 2018 and I want to apply for my naturalization/citizenship soon. I read somewhere but cannot remember where ages ago that I can apply for citizenship 28 days before the 22nd of June. Can someone please confirm if this is true?

Also can I apply for naturalization and passport at the same time?

Thanks all in advance.
No you cannot apply early. There is no '28 days early concession' for British citizenship, it ONLY applies to UK Immigration applications. You MUST hold ILR for the full 12 months.

No you cannot apply for citizenship and passport jointly anymore.
Thanks so much for your prompt response!

khlid77

Post by khlid77 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Hi everyone
I have applied.
11/02/19 for natralization
And still waiting ...
If the approval letter missed or lost in transit
Is it ok if call my local council and ask to check
If they have got any comunication from HO about me ?
Thanks

ignition0
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by ignition0 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi I have same question. I submitted mine in 05/02, but haven't heard anything back since. Looks like most of the applications done at the same time area already resolved by now.

Is there any point on contact?

Omii
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Omii » Thu May 16, 2019 5:24 pm

I applied on 17/2 and still waiting for the letter,
I know its different case to case, But now bit worried
People getting their reply who applied after 😌

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:46 pm

I’m in the same situation but we can’t do anything to be honest, getting in touch with HO won’t solve the problem unless been more then 6 months and even then I’ve seen that they just sent you some kind of automated emails as a reply and shuts you down :lol: , I won’t be surprised if people who applied in May will get a decision next month :lol:
If i knew how the whole process works I would have spend my money on a holiday or something else but hey ho been nearly 3 months now I’m sure I can wait another 3,6,9 12 on top :lol:

HFR2009
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by HFR2009 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:41 pm

I submitted everything online by 18 Feb 19 ,I was expecting the decision with in 6 or 8 weeks but now it’s more than 3 months not sure why while most of people got their decision .I'm so worrying now ☹️I don’t like waiting without any updates or tracking what’s going on .
What should I do ! :roll: :(

Omii
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Omii » Sun May 19, 2019 1:02 am

I have spoken to one of my solictor friend he called HO and asked about the pending applications since new online applications they gave information that they are having problem with sopra steria regards payment. Thats why applications are pending. Not sure is true or no. But we hoping for tge best result.

Its just the information i have today, Hope for the best.

Akes44
Newly Registered

Post by Akes44 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 am

Hello,

I applied on 20 Jan 2019 and am eligible because of military service. Has anyone here either had any updates on applications around that date, or does anybody know the exact right to work status whilst our applications are ongoing? Also if there are any Foregun and commonwealth soldiers on here, I'd be keen to hear your feedback.

cja_1234

Post by cja_1234 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:37 am

Hello

For those who've received a decision, does a letter comes through "signed for & tracked" postage?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:42 am

cja_1234 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:37 am
Hello

For those who've received a decision, does a letter comes through "signed for & tracked" postage?
Normal 2nd class post in a brown A5 envelope. Looks a bit like junk mail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Akes44
Newly Registered

Post by Akes44 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 am

Also,

Has anyone had success with their MP getting involved?

Szilvana
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by Szilvana » Tue May 21, 2019 12:09 am

Hi guys, my BC application is pending but I'm looking to travel for a good few weeks. How long is it "safe" to stay away in one go? Just a bit concerned if they request additional documents and I'm late to provide them... Any experience?

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Tue May 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Szilvana wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:09 am
Hi guys, my BC application is pending but I'm looking to travel for a good few weeks. How long is it "safe" to stay away in one go? Just a bit concerned if they request additional documents and I'm late to provide them... Any experience?
If you're away longer than 2 weeks, it might be safe to ask someone check your mail.

Beowulf
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Beowulf » Tue May 21, 2019 3:58 pm

cja_1234 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:37 am
Hello

For me, the decision came together with my originals. It was signed for, but htat is probably because I had initially sent a prepaid, signed for envelope.

Trabecular
Newly Registered

Post by Trabecular » Wed May 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Dear fellow applicants,

I have used new SOPHRA service. It all went quite smooth. The lady, who scanned my documents told me simply to wait for an answer. It has 10 weeks passed since my biometric test and still no reply.

Will the applicant get an email or just the post, once the naturalisation application was successful?

It happens quite often that my post is lost (e.g. my bank statements). I wonder, does the HO needs to be informed, if I will redirect all my post to my friend's place for the decision letter waiting time?

The passport I have applied with is expiring in two weeks, and I am slightly anxious. I tried to call HO, yet no one ever picks the phone up.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:56 pm

Trabecular wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:34 pm
Dear fellow applicants,

I have used new SOPHRA service. It all went quite smooth. The lady, who scanned my documents told me simply to wait for an answer. It has 10 weeks passed since my biometric test and still no reply.

Will the applicant get an email or just the post, once the naturalisation application was successful?

It happens quite often that my post is lost (e.g. my bank statements). I wonder, does the HO needs to be informed, if I will redirect all my post to my friend's place for the decision letter waiting time?

The passport I have applied with is expiring in two weeks, and I am slightly anxious. I tried to call HO, yet no one ever picks the phone up.

Thank you.
You get a letter in the post, second class mail and a brown A5 envelope.

Sopra is just a third party. It doesn't speed up the process or decision time.

No issue about passport expiring.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Trabecular
Newly Registered

Post by Trabecular » Wed May 22, 2019 10:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:56 pm
Trabecular wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:34 pm
Dear fellow applicants,

Thank you.
You get a letter in the post, second class mail and a brown A5 envelope.

Sopra is just a third party. It doesn't speed up the process or decision time.

No issue about passport expiring.
Thank you for you prompt reply. I have checked, some of my friends have received email and the post, some has received just the post. I will redirect the post to my friend, as I will be on holidays.

This procedure is so expensive, yet so poorly organised. If I knew it would be that difficult and humiliating, I would spend those moines on something else and keep my home country passport. I cannot move houses atm, can't travel, waiting for the 2nd class mail as it some sort of a cheap catalogue, knowing that other mail did not arrive.. very disappointing.

Sam9291
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sam9291 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:03 am

Hi,

When the citizenship application is approved, does the Home Office send an e-mail confirmation or do we only get notified through a letter in the post?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:47 am

Sam9291 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:03 am
Hi,

When the citizenship application is approved, does the Home Office send an e-mail confirmation or do we only get notified through a letter in the post?

Thanks
Usually a letter in the post, Second Class mail in a brown A5 envelope.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AnotherUUID

Post by AnotherUUID » Thu May 23, 2019 11:48 am

Trabecular wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:16 pm
Thank you for you prompt reply. I have checked, some of my friends have received email and the post, some has received just the post. I will redirect the post to my friend, as I will be on holidays.

This procedure is so expensive, yet so poorly organised. If I knew it would be that difficult and humiliating, I would spend those moines on something else and keep my home country passport. I cannot move houses atm, can't travel, waiting for the 2nd class mail as it some sort of a cheap catalogue, knowing that other mail did not arrive.. very disappointing.
There's certainly room for improvement, but the two points of concern you mention not really an issue:
  • You are free to travel. If you're an EU/EEA citizen and have an EU/EEA ID card these are valid travel documents across the EU/EEA. Alternatively, if you have urgent travel plans, you can request that your travel documents are returned to you w/o cancelling your application. The only issue w/ travelling is not being able to reply in time if the HO request further information from you. Hence why it's advisable that any travelling is limited to two weeks at a time.
  • You could have opted to include a prepaid envelope with a postal service of your choice (e.g. tracked, signed, etc) at the point of application.
Both of the above are mentioned in Guide AN and Booklet AN for everyone to read before they apply. It may have been easier/better to have the option to pay up for the latter at the point of application instead of doing it manually, but nevertheless the option is there.

If you've been planing on moving house or do lots of travelling around the same time, perhaps it was simply not the right time for you to apply.

Maraam
Newly Registered

Post by Maraam » Thu May 23, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi

I made my application for naturalisation on the 6th March but still no any responses from HO as I can see HO start to process March applications and few users already got their approvals. IS this Normal ? I emailed 3 times to HO for updates every Wednesday since 8th March but all the time I get a same response as below.

Any one experiencing kind of same situation ?

Thank you for your e-mail.

All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 7th March 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT
FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

UKVI - Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium
Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP
T: 0151-

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:07 am

Yeah seems to be a normal thing , we don’t get any updates unless HO needs extra info then they will get in touch.
I’ve applied end of Feb and still no news yet, today been 3 months since I’ve applied and looks like they are still either doing their checks or etc.
What’s the email address you used to get in touch with them if you don’t mind me asking ?

Maraam
Newly Registered

Post by Maraam » Fri May 24, 2019 10:17 am

alexbran89 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:07 am
Yeah seems to be a normal thing , we don’t get any updates unless HO needs extra info then they will get in touch.
I’ve applied end of Feb and still no news yet, today been 3 months since I’ve applied and looks like they are still either doing their checks or etc.
What’s the email address you used to get in touch with them if you don’t mind me asking ?
Thanks this is the email I request them

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Trabecular
Newly Registered

Post by Trabecular » Fri May 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Maraam wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:17 am
alexbran89 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:07 am
Thanks this is the email I request them

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
Thank you for the email. Have you provided the case ID in the letter if I may ask?
Should we stat counting the days from the date of the application submission or the biometric test enrolment?

Someone also suggested to contact local council, yet, the automatic reply says all the information could be found in the website.

I may have to move the house (which was unexpected), if anyone moved the houses while waiting for the naturalisation letter reply? HO asks for the proof of address from the new place. However, while waiting for the proof of address letters and then informing the HO, the decision letter could be sent to the old address meanwhile and will be lost..

I have redirected my post to my friend, as I believe that someone is taking my post at my house (some important letters arrive every second or third time). Hope it won't affect the process..I am so anxious, I even cannot properly concentrate on my exams.