ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year Standard visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jimish28
Newly Registered
India

10 year Standard visitor visa

Post by jimish28 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:18 am

Hi, My parents applied for 10 year standard visit visa, they had 80% of their finances in the form of fixed deposits, today when they went to pune VFS, they refused to scan fixed deposits and put it as supporting documents

Now the problem is that in application form it is mentioned that they have xxx balance which includes the fixed deposits but as vfs refused to send those documents to UK immigration, there is a discord in the application statement and supporting documents sent.

Is there any email address where I can contact UK immigration and explain the situation ?
Is there any way ?

I have paid huge amount for both of theirs 10 year visa and I am not very worried

Please help !!!!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: 10 year Standard visitor visa

Post by seagul » Thu May 23, 2019 11:07 am

Fixed deposits might boost the evidences where the applicant has to show his social ties with his own country but they may not be considered as financial documents because of not being immediately casheable or withdrawalable.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Have your parents had visitors visas for the UK in the past? If yes, how many times and how long have they stayed each time?

As Seagul says, FDs are not usually accepted as they are not liquid funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jimish28
Newly Registered
India

Post by jimish28 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:59 am

yes, they have been here 3 times before, for 4, 5,5 months and we always used fixed deposits as our financial balance and it has been accepted.

I also got my in laws 10 years visa sorted with fixed deposit but this time it has been wierd.

IMO, they are liquid funds, fixed deposits are breakable and in within few hours its possible to get the cash. While doing so only thing one can loose it the interest and not the base amount

jimish28
Newly Registered
India

Post by jimish28 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:03 pm

For someone's references

My parents got the visa today

Here are a things I did

- Contacted UKVI using this link https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
- I first wrote an email explain about our situation
- Then I called the number and gave the ref number from email contact
- The call center agent agreed to escalate the issue ( All this costed me addtional £45 ish)
- After 2 week I got email from UKVI to allow us to submit more supporting documents
- Went to vfs showing the email and they scanned the fixed deposits
- After 2 days they got the visa