ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Online Application submitted before 12 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iamrezaul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

British Citizenship - Online Application submitted before 12 months

Post by iamrezaul » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi Guys,

I am a bit confused!

I will complete 12 months with ILR on 05-Dec-2018. My understanding is that if I can submit my application and all supporting documents on/after this date, I will be safe.

I followed the online application process (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/) on 20-Nov-2018 and booked an appointment on 05-Dec-2018 at Croydon for providing the original supporting documents and biometric. I was forwarded to the UKVCAS appoint booking site (https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal) from the application site (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/) after I had submitted the application form and made the payment.

So, I am yet to submit all the supporting documents and biometric on 05-Dec-2018 when I have passed 1 year with my ILR status. As the online application was submitted on 20-Nov-2018, am I at a risk of early application submission?

Anyone having any similar experience, please advise/share?

Best regards

iamrezaul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: British Citizenship - Online Application submitted before 12 months

Post by iamrezaul » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:07 am

No one has responded to my post. Thanks for your help! ... :D

Though I am not sure whether my application will be accepted until I get a decision, I think I should share my findings in support of my early application submission.

According to page-24 of "Nationality policy: Naturalisation as a British citizen by discretion" (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0EXT.pdf) -

Discretion to disregard immigration time restrictions in the 12 months prior to application can be exercised if one or more of the following is met:
• the applicant had less than 12 months free of conditions when they applied, but meets the requirement by the time you consider the application and all the other requirements are met.

I believe I am not in danger for applying before completing 12 months on ILR as the caseworker will process the application after 12 months.

Here is the timeline -

ILR approval (premium service): 05-Dec-2017
Online application submitted for naturalisation: 20-Nov-2018 (appointment booked for 05-Dec-2018)
HO confirmation of online application: 21-Nov-2018
Scanned supporting documents uploaded: 01-Dec-2018
Confirmation that uploaded docs are ok (paid £35 for doc checking service): 04-Dec-2018
UKVCAS Croydon Appointment: 05-Dec-2018 (took about 20 mins)

(wait for updates ...)

ONas16
Newly Registered

Post by ONas16 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:04 pm

Did you receive any confirmation email from UKVCAS after your appointment?

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:10 pm

more likely it wil b refused

iamrezaul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by iamrezaul » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:10 pm

ONas16 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:04 pm
Did you receive any confirmation email from UKVCAS after your appointment?
No! I haven’t. In other threads lots of people sharing their experience that UKVCAS guys do not send confirmation email.

iamrezaul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by iamrezaul » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:10 pm
more likely it wil b refused
Well, I can’t argue against your point. I haven’t found any example case in this blog, so mine can be one. Since the discretion is there, I’m hopeful. Let’s see what happens.

In case you have seen someone else shared similar experience, please share.

azot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by azot » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:34 am

Hey iamreazul,

I am in the exact same position at the moment. I didn't realize that the online application date would be considered the application date, so I filled it in & paid hoping to get an appointment for the 21st of March which is when I am actually fulfilling the 1 year rule of ILR.

Did you find out anything more in regards to this? Have you called UKVIS etc? I really need to sort this out before going to Croydon on the 21st.

Anything would be of great help.

Thank you!

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 am

iamrezaul wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:07 am

Though I am not sure whether my application will be accepted until I get a decision, I think I should share my findings in support of my early application submission.

According to page-24 of "Nationality policy: Naturalisation as a British citizen by discretion" (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0EXT.pdf) -

Discretion to disregard immigration time restrictions in the 12 months prior to application can be exercised if one or more of the following is met:
• the applicant had less than 12 months free of conditions when they applied, but meets the requirement by the time you consider the application and all the other requirements are met.

I believe I am not in danger for applying before completing 12 months on ILR as the caseworker will process the application after 12 months.

Here is the timeline -

Online application submitted for naturalisation: 20-Nov-2018 (appointment booked for 05-Dec-2018)
Confirmation that uploaded docs are ok (paid £35 for doc checking service): 04-Dec-2018

(wait for updates ...)
Hi, Did you get your decision? And how was your appointment on 5th Dec? Did you check with your caseworker regarding your online application on 20th Nov, few days prior to your 12 months completion under ILR?
Thanks in advance

iamrezaul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by iamrezaul » Fri May 24, 2019 1:37 pm

apsk wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 am
iamrezaul wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:07 am

Here is the timeline -

(wait for updates ...)
Hi, Did you get your decision? And how was your appointment on 5th Dec? Did you check with your caseworker regarding your online application on 20th Nov, few days prior to your 12 months completion under ILR?
Thanks in advance
Hi,

I got my citizenship application approval letter today. So, it doesn't matter if we submit the application before completing 12 months on ILR ... given that the caseworker deals with it after the 12-month ILR completion date ... which usually happens, in general, I guess.

Thanks, everyone.

Salah libya
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Salah libya » Sat May 25, 2019 2:24 am

So that didn’t affect your application for being submitted early ? Could please explain what happened
Thanx

Salah libya
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Salah libya » Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 am

iamrezaul wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:08 pm
Hi Guys,

I am a bit confused!

I will complete 12 months with ILR on 05-Dec-2018. My understanding is that if I can submit my application and all supporting documents on/after this date, I will be safe.

I followed the online application process (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/) on 20-Nov-2018 and booked an appointment on 05-Dec-2018 at Croydon for providing the original supporting documents and biometric. I was forwarded to the UKVCAS appoint booking site (https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal) from the application site (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/) after I had submitted the application form and made the payment.

So, I am yet to submit all the supporting documents and biometric on 05-Dec-2018 when I have passed 1 year with my ILR status. As the online application was submitted on 20-Nov-2018, am I at a risk of early application submission?

Anyone having any similar experience, please advise/share?

Best regards
Could you please tell me how many early days you submitted your application before the 12 months period .
I submitted mine 2 days early
Thanx

azot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by azot » Fri May 31, 2019 11:00 am

I have also done the mistake of applying 9 days early but have received my approval today.

I did explain in my cover letter that I was trying to get an appointment in UKVCAS centre by the 21st of March (20th was the date I was finishing my 1 year) but didn't realize that online form filling date would be considered the application date.

I think they are understanding about these little mistakes.

Good luck!

smarioana91
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by smarioana91 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:06 pm

I thought the day of submission is the one when the Sopra Steria case worker submits the biometric data and checks everything.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:29 pm

smarioana91 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:06 pm
I thought the day of submission is the one when the Sopra Steria case worker submits the biometric data and checks everything.
Apparently, it's the date you submit your completed application form and pay your fees.