ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salaried income

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Johnlondon
Newly Registered

Housing association accommodation and Spouse visa

Post by Johnlondon » Sat May 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Dear all

I have to say this forum is amazing and I am happy to find it very useful

My wife is applying for a spouse UK visa with a 11 years old child and I currently rent a one bedroom apartment privately from a housing association ( NOT a social housing ) it has two separate rooms ( one bed room + one living room ) both are big and meeting the home office room size requirements, there is a separate big k-itchen and separate bathroom
The tenancy agreement says ( the only people are allowed to live in this property are the one mentioned in this agreement “ my name “ ) I think this is like in all tenancy agreements
If we rely on using that property as it has two separate sleeping rooms for wife and child which of course meet the room size and also adequately for 3 people without causing overcrowding as saw in the rules of overcrowding sizes and number of rooms needed

1_ What could be the evidences we need to submit if we rely on that situation please?
2- Or anyone feels that would not be a suitable accommodation?
3- Do I need to get such a letter from the housing association to say ( no objection for a wife and a child to move in once they arrive in the uk provided they meet the right to rent in the UK )?

When approached the housing manager there; he isn’t happy to provide such letter and he feels he could only write that only one more person in addition to me is welcome to move in and can’t say a wife and a child could be able to move in with me; Not sure what we should do?

Could we still apply without such letter relying on ( floor plan; proof of address; tenancy agreement although what i mentioned inside ?

I highly appreciate everyone’s advice

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Housing association accommodation and Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat May 25, 2019 9:22 pm

Johnlondon wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:31 pm
letter from the housing association to say ( no objection for a wife and a child to move in once they arrive in the uk provided they meet the right to rent in the UK )?

That one will definitely be needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Johnlondon
Newly Registered

Post by Johnlondon » Sat May 25, 2019 9:36 pm

Thank you Seagul for your reply

Is that letter a mandatory evidence?

While the Home office says 3 people could be occupying 2 sleeping rooms without causing any overcrowding the housing association still can’t put that maximum in writing but in real they would not mind as that manger mentioned to me verbally

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat May 25, 2019 9:49 pm

Johnlondon wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:36 pm
Thank you Seagul for your reply

Is that letter a mandatory evidence?

While the Home office says 3 people could be occupying 2 sleeping rooms without causing any overcrowding the housing association still can’t put that maximum in writing but in real they would not mind as that manger mentioned to me verbally
Yes it is mandatory as the tenancy agreement is not joint named. It should be in writing. The information you have studied is relating to accommodation requirement and despite you can meet them but the evidences must be in writing.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Johnlondon
Newly Registered

Post by Johnlondon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 am

Hello again
Following up on that letter of no objection for a wife and a child to move in one bedroom apartment which I found myself stuck in that only requirement
The neighbourhood manager just offered a general letter specifying ( the type of tenancy which is private rent market, how many rooms are available, monthly rent, if any additional lodgers are willing to move in the tenant must present that in writing to the housing association to take a decision
Obviously not touching specifically on ( no objection for two more people to move in )
My question is if such a sample letter would still satisfy the mandatory landlord letter of no objection
He is reluctant not to write that directly
Don’t know if there is any other general template anyone could suggest please which could be alternative to no objection one?

I was also thinking of making a property inspection report which will definitely show that two sleeping rooms are available and could accommodate up to 3 people without causing overcrowded
Does that help or replace anything in anyway?

Thanks a lot

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Noc letter must pacifically be addressing your family and allow them to live there. It is only not needed if the tenancy agreement is in joint names or you own the property (outright/mortgage). Property inspection report can't replace it because its from third party not from landlord.

Johnlondon
Newly Registered

Post by Johnlondon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Thank you Seagul for your reply and advice

It seems now I will have to seek other routes for accommodation requirements
A close friend owns a two bedrooms apartment and it is vacant now, he offered me I can live there with my wife and the child once they arrive as long as we need, he is happy to write that NOC letter with deed sale lease and I can change my address there ( bank statements, payslips ) but my friend name will need to remain on the council tax and utilities bills as he use it to get Parking permit in the area.
Is that acceptable? Does that way look so risky in anyway? Do I have to move in there before applying?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Johnlondon wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:46 pm
Thank you Seagul for your reply and advice

It seems now I will have to seek other routes for accommodation requirements
A close friend owns a two bedrooms apartment and it is vacant now, he offered me I can live there with my wife and the child once they arrive as long as we need, he is happy to write that NOC letter with deed sale lease and I can change my address there ( bank statements, payslips ) but my friend name will need to remain on the council tax and utilities bills as he use it to get Parking permit in the area.
Is that acceptable? Does that way look so risky in anyway? Do I have to move in there before applying?
Yes that option is far better and will definitely work. No issue if council tax and utility bill remain in his name.

Johnlondon
Newly Registered

Post by Johnlondon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:17 pm

So much appreciated Seagul
Thanks for always taken the time to advise and help

Johnlondon
Newly Registered

Post by Johnlondon » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Hello all

I would appreciate it if anyone has submitted the No Objection Landlord letter and could share the default template here please
I am not sure how much information this letter should include and if my friend has to put his contact details like a telephone number or email address? Are these mandatory? I am thinking his postal address at this apartment where I will use is sufficient?

Much appreciated

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Johnlondon wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 pm
Hello all

I would appreciate it if anyone has submitted the No Objection Landlord letter and could share the default template here please
I am not sure how much information this letter should include and if my friend has to put his contact details like a telephone number or email address? Are these mandatory? I am thinking his postal address at this apartment where I will use is sufficient?

Much appreciated
His complete contact including his fully approachable phone number and email will also be required because he can be approached through his phone and email too which is the most favourite method of HO.

Johnlondon
Newly Registered

Post by Johnlondon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Thanks a lot Seagul

Does the date on this letter has to be no more 28 days old before the date of lodging the spouse visa application? Not sure I got mixed with that employer letter and bank statements which I think should be no more than 28 days old

Thanks a lot again

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Johnlondon wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:04 pm
Thanks a lot Seagul

Does the date on this letter has to be no more 28 days old before the date of lodging the spouse visa application? Not sure I got mixed with that employer letter and bank statements which I think should be no more than 28 days old

Thanks a lot again
Financial and employment documents should strictly be not older than 28 days or post dated from the date of application. But still try to get that NOC letter when you are ready to apply.

Johnlondon
Newly Registered

Salaried income

Post by Johnlondon » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 am

Dear all

I am employed for the same employer for 5 years and I meet the annual gross salary needed but my employer appoints managing agents to carry out everything on behalf so basically I get paid by whoever is current agent. They have changed the agent three months ago. My payslips and bank payments normally have the name of the agent rather than the name of the employer. My last three payments have current agent name on payslips and bank statements while before that had the old agent on them

Which category A or B I should be relying on now?

Should I consider it two different jobs and submit last 12 months payslips and bank statements easier? If I go that way which agent should write that employer letter then? The current agent can only authenticate the last three payment slips but not the ones before that period and can’t comment on the annual gross salary paid through the old agent.

Thanks a lot

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Salaried income

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Johnlondon wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 am
Dear all

I am employed for the same employer for 5 years and I meet the annual gross salary needed but my employer appoints managing agents to carry out everything on behalf so basically I get paid by whoever is current agent. They have changed the agent three months ago. My payslips and bank payments normally have the name of the agent rather than the name of the employer. My last three payments have current agent name on payslips and bank statements while before that had the old agent on them

Which category A or B I should be relying on now?

Should I consider it two different jobs and submit last 12 months payslips and bank statements easier? If I go that way which agent should write that employer letter then? The current agent can only authenticate the last three payment slips but not the ones before that period and can’t comment on the annual gross salary paid through the old agent.

Thanks a lot
For a paye job never heard that ever before. Usually in any company there is an accountant who arrange payments in the name of employer/company.

Johnlondon
Newly Registered

Post by Johnlondon » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Thanks a lot Seagul
Yes that is true
They should put the name of the employer on the payments rather than the agent name but I never thought about it till this week

I thought of asking the current agent to write the required employer letter as follows:

Dear sirs

Re: .............name. .....date of birth..

This is to certify the Mr .....has been employed as ......in his current role since .......on a permanent basis
We act as the current agent for his employer ....... and the previous agent was .....
We run the financial and accounting affairs on behalf of his employer since March 2019 and we can confirm his annual gross Salary is ......and his total annual gross for the last financial year 2018/2019 received via the previous agent is ........

Does that make sense? Will it be sufficient and acceptable?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:36 pm

If you and/or your partner has 6 months old cash savings of at least £62500 then preferably use that one alone because the way you receive your wages might not satisfy the requirement.

Johnlondon
Newly Registered

Post by Johnlondon » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:36 pm

We never thought of cash savings but I will look at that

Why do you think this way is not meeting the requirements?
I still have last 12 payments slips which could meet category B salaried income but need to think about that employer letter what to write in it?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Johnlondon wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:36 pm
Why do you think this way is not meeting the requirements?
Because the way you receive your wages is highly unusual in a paye job. Still If you wish then take risk by attaching clarification letter but from each agent.