ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

MAJR
Newly Registered

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by MAJR » Thu May 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Guys just to give you guys a heads up. I have applied as non EU family member on 30th of March but there was some technical problem so I couldn't submit my application until 12th of April. I didnt know the rules clearly and applied for settled status as I didnt know I had to live with my partner for 5 years which will be in 3 months time. I recieved my COA on 30th of April and yesterday I received an email saying EU resolution centre wants to me to call them, so I called them this morning and they told me the case worker didnt leave any note about why I should have called. So the person from the resolution centre told me he will leave a note for the case worker to give me a call back or send me an email and explain why should I call the resolution centre. He also told me they might called me to ask If I wanted to the pre-settled status now and apply for settle status in 3 months which I said no. I told him I would rather wait 3 months and get my settled status and he left this as a note for case worker.
To my surprise, In the evening I received one more email saying I was granted the settled status from today.
So people who are very close to get settled status, dont take resettlement and tell them you can wait and you can get lucky like me
I wish everyone good luck with your applications

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:28 pm

MAJR wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:58 pm
Guys just to give you guys a heads up. I have applied as non EU family member on 30th of March but there was some technical problem so I couldn't submit my application until 12th of April. I didnt know the rules clearly and applied for settled status as I didnt know I had to live with my partner for 5 years which will be in 3 months time. I recieved my COA on 30th of April and yesterday I received an email saying EU resolution centre wants to me to call them, so I called them this morning and they told me the case worker didnt leave any note about why I should have called. So the person from the resolution centre told me he will leave a note for the case worker to give me a call back or send me an email and explain why should I call the resolution centre. He also told me they might called me to ask If I wanted to the pre-settled status now and apply for settle status in 3 months which I said no. I told him I would rather wait 3 months and get my settled status and he left this as a note for case worker.
To my surprise, In the evening I received one more email saying I was granted the settled status from today.
So people who are very close to get settled status, dont take resettlement and tell them you can wait and you can get lucky like me
I wish everyone good luck with your applications

They mentioned in the caseworker guidance .. " A principle of evidential flexibility will apply, enabling caseworkers to exercise discretion in favour of the applicant where appropriate, to minimise administrative burdens "

so you are lucky. I know someone who got pre settled status and he is only 45 days away from settled status.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:16 pm

Bunny47 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:26 pm
helloamaya520 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:23 pm
Bunny47 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:00 pm
It's pointless to call resolution centre. You'll only get the answer like:

Application is in final stages.

Wait another week and we'll escalate the application.

Waiting for some checks to be done.

Application is being handled by caseworker in another building so we don't know anything else.
Exactly, today I called them and they said oh there is no notes or updates means it should be in the final stage. When did you receive your COA? I received mine on 15th May.
I applied on 30th march and received my COA by email on 8th of may. And nothing since than.
That is way too long. I am confused what I should do now as well. Do you apply with your passport or BRP?

Bunny47
Mood:

Post by Bunny47 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:50 pm

No I applied with my passport.

grateful2
Newly Registered

Post by grateful2 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi all, Non-EU settled timeline
Application submitted: 20 April. Online application made and linked application to husbands.
Biometrics: 23 April –Paid £100 in London. Free appointments not available for weeks and wanted this done asap.
COA received via email: 01 May
Settled status granted 16 May
The Residence card on its way
Thank you all for posting and best of luck!

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Fri May 24, 2019 6:28 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:21 pm
amralialla100216 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:18 pm
hello,

I received a call from the resolution center yesterday they say that my application is in the final stage and the answer will be soon!!

i think contacting you MP is good idea to speed things !! i was really surprised by their call yesterday.

so don't just sit and wait for them contact your MP and raise your case to the highest level .
How did u contact u MP
Can you please share what did u put in request to amp
I’m waiting almost 6 weeks now
Hi Sky77,
Did you apply again? I've been told to apply again, but they are not sure if I would need to send my passport again. Did you have to send your documents to verify your identity again?
Thanks!

eyps1213
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by eyps1213 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:12 am

Update to our timeline.
We used online and post application.
31.03.2019 Applied online Non EU & EU husband
01.04.2019 Posted Passport & National Identity Card
02.04.2019 Received IDs at HO
08.04.2019 COA & Pre-Settled Status given to Non EU spouse
11.04.2019 Received back Non Eu Passport
23.04.2019 Received back ID of EU husband
24.05.2019 CoA & Pre Settled status given to EU

In total, my EU husband took almost 2 months for his application. Just e-mailed resolution twice. And called once. As it took longer than mine as Non EU wife.

Good luck everyone.

oxy78
Newly Registered

Post by oxy78 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 am

Sherdiplomat wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:53 pm
Hi everyone. I got my permanent resident card in 2014 . And permanent resident sticker was in my passport. I applied online for settlement status on 1.04.2014 . I gave my biometric information in Croydon on 10.04.19. And got COA on 12.04.19 . Still waiting decision from Home Office . It’s nearly 2 month . And I was granted Permanent resident card in 2014. In HO website says if you got Permanent resident card we don’t need nothing and we will swipe your PR to settlement status . I don’t know why it’s taking 2 month . anyone in same situation ?
Hello.
I also have NON biometric permanent resident sticker in my NON biometric passport in 2014. I just want to ask you. You applied online trough home office website? Do you need to send your passport to home office? I am non EU with non biometric permanent residence and with non biometric passport. I can't apply trough app. But I can't find information do I need to send passport.
Thank you.

Sherdiplomat
Newly Registered

Post by Sherdiplomat » Sun May 26, 2019 2:38 am

oxy78 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 am
Sherdiplomat wrote:
Hi everyone. I got my permanent resident card in 2014 . And permanent resident sticker was in my passport. I applied online for settlement status on 1.04.2014 . I gave my biometric information in Croydon on 10.04.19. And got COA on 12.04.19 . Still waiting decision from Home Office . It’s nearly 2 month . And I was granted Permanent resident card in 2014. In HO website says if you got Permanent resident card we don’t need nothing and we will swipe your PR to settlement status . I don’t know why it’s taking 2 month . anyone in same situation ?
Hello.
I also have NON biometric permanent resident sticker in my NON biometric passport in 2014. I just want to ask you. You applied online trough home office website? Do you need to send your passport to home office? I am non EU with non biometric permanent residence and with non biometric passport. I can't apply trough app. But I can't find information do I need to send passport.
Thank you.
Hi . you will not send your passport to HO . Just apply online . And you will put your PR number after it you will book biometric appointment after it you will go to appointment and they will take your finger print etc . After biometric you will receive COA . I received my one 12.04.19. But Iam still waiting for my settlement.

oxy78
Newly Registered

Post by oxy78 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:43 am

Sherdiplomat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:38 am
oxy78 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 am
Sherdiplomat wrote:
Hello.
Thank you.
Hi . you will not send your passport to HO . Just apply online . And you will put your PR number after it you will book biometric appointment after it you will go to appointment and they will take your finger print etc . After biometric you will receive COA . I received my one 12.04.19. But Iam still waiting for my settlement.
Thank you for you answer!
I think it's take longer because our permanent residence is not biometric.
I have 2 friend with biometric PR they received settled status in 2 weeks. I think it's because straightforward and automated. But if case need more ( biometric details) attencion it's probably just need to wait when case worker look at it. I know 1 person French citizen. She was living in UK since 1972. She never applied for PR. We applied for her settled status in March. Long wait. 2 weeks ago home office called and tell her they start looking at her case. So 1 week ago she recieved her settled status.
We don't have biometric PR so it's not very straightforward. It's also depends how busy Case worker.

Zaid123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaid123 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Applied. 30 march
Biometric. 1 april
Coa. 5 april
Decision. 24 may. Pre settled status

Applied without residence card without residence permit just upload a marriage certificate online

Zaid123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaid123 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:27 pm

Just want to know how long it takes after the decision to get the brc

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:43 pm

Zaid123 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:27 pm
Just want to know how long it takes after the decision to get the brc
Did you hold any BRP !! While you are applying or what kind of visa you had while you are applying?

Zaid123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaid123 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:02 pm

No i came to england through france and they put the stamp there. Married with eu

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Zaid123 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:26 pm
Applied. 30 march
Biometric. 1 april
Coa. 5 april
Decision. 24 may. Pre settled status

Applied without residence card without residence permit just upload a marriage certificate online
Congrats!!! I am still waiting and received my COA on 15th May. tried to call a few times and told me should be on final stage. Is that means if you get status you are allowed to work without receiving the card?

Jamiemi
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Jamiemi » Tue May 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Anyone else made the mistake of applying with a BRP card? (I.e currently on a tier4/tier2/etc visa). I applied at the very beginning of April, was asked to send in the documents, did that’, got them back and nothing since. Application status is still the same online asking to send in my documents before application can be started. No request to go do biometrics or anything at all. Called resolution centre multiple times and supposedly everyone who applied with BRP card has their application on hold ? Anyone who applied like that got their decision or any progress yet? Thank you!!

rehman786
Newly Registered

Post by rehman786 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:19 pm

im eu family member
applied for settle states on
Biometric. 17.4.2019
coa .25.4,2019
Decision.. settle states today by email,28.5.2019
BRP will arrivel by post with in 7days

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Tue May 28, 2019 10:36 pm

[bbvideo][/bbvideo]
Jamiemi wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:39 pm
Anyone else made the mistake of applying with a BRP card? (I.e currently on a tier4/tier2/etc visa). I applied at the very beginning of April, was asked to send in the documents, did that’, got them back and nothing since. Application status is still the same online asking to send in my documents before application can be started. No request to go do biometrics or anything at all. Called resolution centre multiple times and supposedly everyone who applied with BRP card has their application on hold ? Anyone who applied like that got their decision or any progress yet? Thank you!!
Same as you, I applied mid April and nothing yet, not even certificate of application neither invitation to book biometrics :( for how long are they keeping out applications on hold? It is disproportionate for the minor mistake. Since there are many that made the same mistake, they should realise that the issue is them not us

Jamiemi
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Jamiemi » Wed May 29, 2019 9:22 am

danielpdo wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:36 pm
[bbvideo][/bbvideo]
Jamiemi wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:39 pm
Same as you, I applied mid April and nothing yet, not even certificate of application neither invitation to book biometrics :( for how long are they keeping out applications on hold? It is disproportionate for the minor mistake. Since there are many that made the same mistake, they should realise that the issue is them not us

They realise that I think - but for some reason they basically need to go into the system and change our ID provided from BRP to passport and for some reason it’s taking long for them to do it. They don’t know how long it would be on hold for - no timelines at all :( not really sure what to even do

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:32 am

They realise that I think - but for some reason they basically need to go into the system and change our ID provided from BRP to passport and for some reason it’s taking long for them to do it. They don’t know how long it would be on hold for - no timelines at all :( not really sure what to even do
[/quote]

The bigger question is why does the gov uk website say you can apply with a BRP card, passport or residence card if in fact you can't use a BRP. I asked them yesterday to share with the guidance for how BRP holders are meant to apply since they claim on their website that it is possible and they could not answer that question. I did not make a mistake if your guidance say you can apply with BRP (note I applied with my passport and entered my BRP number where it says do you have a UK residence card) and the only way a BRP holder can apply is through online application so in fact it is their mistake and they are playing with people's lives by not at least communicating. It would be better if they send an email to say sorry because you used BRP we have to cancel your application and you have to wait x days before you apply. I applied on 31.03.19 and have not received any communication from the home office at all. It is quite shameful.

Jamiemi
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Jamiemi » Wed May 29, 2019 4:06 pm

That’s interesting I didn’t actually realise it says that on the government website - thought it was my mistake. But yes this is impacting my plans quite a bit too so would be good to have at least some clarity :/

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Wed May 29, 2019 6:44 pm

AshJK wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:06 pm
Update. Have received the CoA.
Biometrics done on : 30 Mar
CoA received : 05 Apr
Turnaround time to CoA after biometrics: 5 working days (Mon-Fri)

So far, it looks like the system works. I am actually impressed because the new casework team probably got a ton of these cases on the first weekend and they have started to get cases moving in 5 days.
Hi have you received your BRP please share thanks

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Wed May 29, 2019 6:52 pm

Zaid123 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:02 pm
No i came to england through france and they put the stamp there. Married with eu
Congratulation Mashallah you are lucky.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Wed May 29, 2019 6:57 pm

rehman786 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:19 pm
im eu family member
applied for settle states on
Biometric. 17.4.2019
coa .25.4,2019
Decision.. settle states today by email,28.5.2019
BRP will arrivel by post with in 7days
Congratulation
please share with us when you get your BRP.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Wed May 29, 2019 7:16 pm

grateful2 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:42 pm
Hi all, Non-EU settled timeline
Application submitted: 20 April. Online application made and linked application to husbands.
Biometrics: 23 April –Paid £100 in London. Free appointments not available for weeks and wanted this done asap.
COA received via email: 01 May
Settled status granted 16 May
The Residence card on its way
Thank you all for posting and best of luck!
Hi please share when you got your BRP. Have you any thing before apply for settlement like card or family permit stemped on passport. Thanks