ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

** online application for Application for naturalisation **

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hermanthegerman
Germany

Re: ** online application for Application for naturalisation **

Post by hermanthegerman » Sat May 25, 2019 11:23 am

have a look at the timeline thread. Unless there are any issues or queries you are very likely to have your British Passport within 2 weeks without an interview.

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am

hermanthegerman wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:23 am
have a look at the timeline thread. Unless there are any issues or queries you are very likely to have your British Passport within 2 weeks without an interview.
Thanks for your reply. I have checked on British Passport timeline. It does seems to be pretty straight forward. I posted my documents on 24th of May and due to long bank holidays, there might be a delay.

I just lost my job and I hope this passport will help me to find a job .....

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:33 pm

difficult_guy wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am
hermanthegerman wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I have checked on British Passport timeline. It does seems to be pretty straight forward. I posted my documents on 24th of May and due to long bank holidays, there might be a delay.

Note as a British citizen you can show your nat. certificate,no need to wait for passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Mon May 27, 2019 6:33 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:33 pm
difficult_guy wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am
hermanthegerman wrote:

Note as a British citizen you can show your nat. certificate,no need to wait for passport.
I already have applied for British passport now. Its good to know that passport office does not call for interview now.

Since I am applying for charity jobs, I might need british passport for travelling etc.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Mon May 27, 2019 7:43 pm

Congrats on your naturalisation. HMPO can still invite you for a passport interview, however, most people who apply for a first passport within 1 year of naturalisation don't get invited for an interview.

Also, it's worth mentioning that in the future, you should not mention online that you hold a security clearance.