ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual nationality and use of passports

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vader666

Dual nationality and use of passports

Post by vader666 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:10 pm

Hi ,

I have dual citizenship ( British by naturalisation and Turkish by birth ) .

Recently I had to visit Turkey for 2 days. For the outbound flight from London to Turkey, I bought the ticket with my Turkish passport . I used Turkish passport to enter and leave Turkey.

I bought my return ticket with my British passport and returned to London.

Initially I didn`t think that would be a problem however I noticed this dated article https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/trav ... ality.html

Is this actually the right way to do it , can using 2 passports cause issues ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dual nationality and use of passports

Post by CR001 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:17 pm

You are overthinking and note also that the article is from 2009 and is just that, an article in the press.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 26, 2019 3:47 pm

As a result, a dual national – even if readmitted to Britain by an immigration officer on showing a British passport – could be registered as an alien with no more rights than any other tourist, and limited to six months in the country.
That is just false. Claims to British Citizenship are prescribed under the British Nationality Act. A British citizen has the right of abode, with or without a British passport. A British passport does not confer British citizenship, but is merely evidence of it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vader666

Post by vader666 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Thanks very much for replies. I agree that I am an overthinker , unfortunately can`t turn it off, I am just a very cautious person always following the rules. The link I shared does not make sense at all though could not stop my self from asking.