ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano application with Arrest in UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gray312ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Zambrano application with Arrest in UK

Post by gray312ng » Sun May 26, 2019 3:59 pm

Hello,
I would like to indulge peoples opinion and see if there's anyone in a similar circumstance. I overstayed my visa in the UK and was working illegally when I was arrested for possession of the controlled document(i.e fake passport) and was released on bail and charged to court but I skipped bail and waited a few months before coming to Ireland via Belfast. When I got i met my current Irish girlfriend whom i had a baby with giving me grounds to apply for permission to remain in the country via the Zambrano route. THough have put in my application just worried if my arrest and failure to appear in court in the court would count against me here in Ireland for my application. Please advice ............

Casa

Re: Zambrano application with Arrest in UK

Post by Casa » Sun May 26, 2019 5:56 pm

gray312ng wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:59 pm
Hello,
I would like to indulge peoples opinion and see if there's anyone in a similar circumstance. I overstayed my visa in the UK and was working illegally when I was arrested for possession of the controlled document(i.e bad quality passport) and was released on bail and charged to court but I skipped bail and waited a few months before coming to Ireland via Belfast. When I got i met my current Irish girlfriend whom i had a baby with giving me grounds to apply for permission to remain in the country via the Zambrano route. THough have put in my application just worried if my arrest and failure to appear in court in the court would count against me here in Ireland for my application. Please advice ............
Not only is it highly likely to affect your application, you could also be detained by the Irish authorities. The ECRIS system shares information between the EU states on criminal offences, to prevent offenders from escaping justice. See below:

"
National courts often pass sentences on the basis of past convictions an offender has in their national register. They do not take into account convictions in other EU countries. As a result, offenders could escape conviction by moving to another country.

Connecting national criminal databases

The European Criminal Records Information System (ECRIS) was established in 2012 in order to improve the exchange of criminal records throughout the EU. All EU countries are currently connected to ECRIS.
"

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/specia ... cris-.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gray312ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by gray312ng » Sun May 26, 2019 6:06 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:56 pm
gray312ng wrote:
Hello,
I would like to indulge peoples opinion and see if there's anyone in a similar circumstance. I overstayed my visa in the UK and was working illegally when I was arrested for possession of the controlled document(i.e bad quality passport) and was released on bail and charged to court but I skipped bail and waited a few months before coming to Ireland via Belfast. When I got i met my current Irish girlfriend whom i had a baby with giving me grounds to apply for permission to remain in the country via the Zambrano route. THough have put in my application just worried if my arrest and failure to appear in court in the court would count against me here in Ireland for my application. Please advice ............
Not only is it highly likely to affect your application, you could also be detained by the Irish authorities. The ECRIS system shares information between the EU states on criminal offences, to prevent offenders from escaping justice. See below:

"
National courts often pass sentences on the basis of past convictions an offender has in their national register. They do not take into account convictions in other EU countries. As a result, offenders could escape conviction by moving to another country.

Connecting national criminal databases

The European Criminal Records Information System (ECRIS) was established in 2012 in order to improve the exchange of criminal records throughout the EU. All EU countries are currently connected to ECRIS.
"

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/specia ... cris-.html
Thank you for your reply however if the Garda detain me here in Ireland would they have to repatriate me back to the UK being that i would need a visa to enter the UK?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 26, 2019 7:00 pm

They may simply return you to your home country as the offence was committed within the Common Travel Area
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 26, 2019 7:11 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:00 pm
They may simply return you to your home country as the offence was committed within the Common Travel Area
Also, my understanding of Zambrano is that this will only succeed if the non-EU parent is the ‘primary carer’ for the Irish citizen child. Also that in removing the Non-EU parent to a country outside of the UK would force the Irish citizen child to also leave the EU.
(Casa, not CR001)

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon May 27, 2019 8:11 pm

You don’t have a valid Zambrano case here. If you are removed from the common travel area, your child can still legally live in Ireland with the Irish mother, and will be still able to access various child benefits provided by the state.

And also if you ran away during bail, there will definitely be a warrant against you. I might be wrong on this but the warrant should be valid in both the UK and Ireland as they share the common travel area.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Warrant will only be come into effect if UK seek to enforce one.

Zambrano are taking long these days and in the absence of facts, one cannot express an accurate view on your prospect of success.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

gray312ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by gray312ng » Tue May 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Obie wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:28 pm
Warrant will only be come into effect if UK seek to enforce one.

Zambrano are taking long these days and in the absence of facts, one cannot express an accurate view on your prospect of success.
Spoke to few solicitors before applying some were of the opinion that it bores down to if the UK want to spend money and effect a EAW for a trivia offence and also of the person handling my file at DOJ. they accepted i have a valid Zambrano case am just seeking someone with similar situation as my present solicitor encouraged me to apply and be honest without taking a dime off me until an outcome is reached

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue May 28, 2019 6:14 pm

I will be happy for you if everything work out for you, your girlfriend and baby.

However i have difficulties in understanding why these Ireland lawyer, I mean competent lawyers, if that is what they are, will tell you this is a rock solid Zambrano case.

By your statement, you were not living with this child in the state, you came to the state following your arrest and whiles awaiting trial.

I accept that your crime is hardly the crime of the century and you were probably seeking work to provide a living for yourself when you were caught with a document you used to work. I accept all of that and have the utmost sympathy for your plight.

I also believe, as vindictive as the Home Office can be, they will not probably seek your extradition.

However, the facts remain, and you must appreciate and find a way of addressing this. You will be considered as a fugitive, who did not play a role in the child's life and only started doing this after you have been arrested in the UK, and because you are seeking to avoid prosecution in the UK.

I will strongly advise that you seek to address this issue.

Based on the information you have provided, i do not share the optimism of the lawyers, then again it may well be the case that they know more about your case and all the fact, than a moderator on Immigration board will.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

gray312ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by gray312ng » Tue May 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Obie wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:14 pm
I will be happy for you if everything work out for you, your girlfriend and baby.

However i have difficulties in understanding why these Ireland lawyer, I mean competent lawyers, if that is what they are, will tell you this is a rock solid Zambrano case.

By your statement, you were not living with this child in the state, you came to the state following your arrest and whiles awaiting trial.

I accept that your crime is hardly the crime of the century and you were probably seeking work to provide a living for yourself when you were caught with a document you used to work. I accept all of that and have the utmost sympathy for your plight.

I also believe, as vindictive as the Home Office can be, they will not probably seek your extradition.

However, the facts remain, and you must appreciate and find a way of addressing this. You will be considered as a fugitive, who did not play a role in the child's life and only started doing this after you have been arrested in the UK, and because you are seeking to avoid prosecution in the UK.

Based on the information you have provided, i do not share the optimism of the lawyers, then again it may well be the case that they know more about your case and all the fact, than a moderator on Immigration board will.
I played a very active role in my child's life i have letters from the GP and also the letter from TUSLA and social workers stating my role in my childs i have receipts and bank statement to show my active role in my child's life from birth. However, my child was born after the whole arrest and skipping bail.

gray312ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by gray312ng » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:18 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:11 pm
You don’t have a valid Zambrano case here. If you are removed from the common travel area, your child can still legally live in Ireland with the Irish mother, and will be still able to access various child benefits provided by the state.

And also if you ran away during bail, there will definitely be a warrant against you. I might be wrong on this but the warrant should be valid in both the UK and Ireland as they share the common travel area.
I do have a Zambrano case as my application was approved and granted

gray312ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by gray312ng » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:21 pm

Obie wrote:

i think my lawyer is actually competent and right in this case as my application was granted i think the bottom line is honesty in your application

JJGrand
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by JJGrand » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:30 pm

gray312ng wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:21 pm
Obie wrote:

i think my lawyer is actually competent and right in this case as my application was granted i think the bottom line is honesty in your application
Congratulations to you. Reading your original post, I was worried for you that your application wouldn't be granted, how relieved I am to read that it was actually granted.

I also had my own Zambrano application granted to me yesterday. Happy days!

dubnew
Ireland

Post by dubnew » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 pm

JJGrand wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:30 pm
gray312ng wrote:
Obie wrote:

Congratulations to you. Reading your original post, I was worried for you that your application wouldn't be granted, how relieved I am to read that it was actually granted.

Hi JJGrand,

Congratulation! When did you submit your Zambrano application, did they ask you any additional documents before approval. Thanks.

JJGrand
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by JJGrand » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 pm

dubnew wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 pm
JJGrand wrote:
gray312ng wrote:
Obie wrote:

Hi JJGrand,

Congratulation! When did you submit your Zambrano application, did they ask you any additional documents before approval. Thanks.
Hi,
Thank you so much. I actually submitted the original application in April, through an immigration solicitor.
3 months after the application, I was asked to provide all manners of documents and information, ranging from how I met the mother of my babies (they're actually twins) and how long we've been together, loads and loads of pictures of me and my fiancée together, letters from GPs and Health Nurses indicating that I've been bringing the babies for their appointments, then there's the "little" issue of how I got into the State without the Minister's permission (that's another long story on its own and I suspect it's the reason why my application was delayed). Applied on the 2nd of April, received permission letter on 2nd of December.

gray312ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by gray312ng » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:51 pm

JJGrand wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 pm
dubnew wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 pm
JJGrand wrote:
gray312ng wrote:

Hi JJGrand,

Hi,
Thank you so much. I actually submitted the original application in April, through an immigration solicitor.
3 months after the application, I was asked to provide all manners of documents and information, ranging from how I met the mother of my babies (they're actually twins) and how long we've been together, loads and loads of pictures of me and my fiancée together, letters from GPs and Health Nurses indicating that I've been bringing the babies for their appointments, then there's the "little" issue of how I got into the State without the Minister's permission (that's another long story on its own and I suspect it's the reason why my application was delayed). Applied on the 2nd of April, received permission letter on 2nd of December.
It’s same that want to know how you got into the country without permission I guess that’s standard and it’s always best to tell as it is and they also asked for phone records and text messages conversation with my child’s mother luckily for me am IT savvy from Nigeria I was able to mine that out consisting of a full pack of typing papers and they another thing they asked was bus receipt as my child’s mother live in Navan and I live n Dublin that was not a problem either if you are organised and know what you are chasing after.
In general it takes about 7-9 months from application to receiving your letter.

comfort2004
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by comfort2004 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:22 pm

gray312ng wrote:
Hello,
Congratulations on getting your approval, could you try to send me a PM, I've tried sending you one, but the system won't allow me to. Thanks!

gray312ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by gray312ng » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:22 am

comfort2004 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:22 pm
gray312ng wrote:
Hello,
Congratulations on getting your approval, could you try to send me a PM, I've tried sending you one, but the system won't allow me to. Thanks!
Don’t think am authorised to send pm