ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applicant with a British wife applying Tier 5 YMS instead of Spouse Visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lamtingyan
Newly Registered

Applicant with a British wife applying Tier 5 YMS instead of Spouse Visa

Post by lamtingyan » Thu May 23, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi Guys,

I would like to seek advice for the following case.

I am a British Citizen living in the UK. I am currently studying a Master Degree and my husband in Hong Kong would like to join me by applying the Tier 5 YMS visa. We are not going to consider applying a spouse visa as we do not have plan to stay permanently in UK yet and this is much more complicated. Also as I am a student it is impossible for me to meet the income requirement.

So will there be any problems when the office know that the applicant has a British spouse in UK? Will they question about why he is applying a Tier 5 YMS visa instead of spouse visa? Is there any previous case being rejected by the office because the applicant has a British spouse?

Thanks you guys!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Applicant with a British wife applying Tier 5 YMS instead of Spouse Visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 26, 2019 6:45 pm

There is nothing to prevent him applying for T5YMS if he meets the requirements. There will probably a little more scrutiny due to the circumstances but apart from that I don’t see any likelihood of a refusal.