ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding financial statment

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shahrukh
Newly Registered

Help regarding financial statment

Post by Shahrukh » Tue May 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi i need your opionion regarding my situation

I am going to apply for tier 4 visa soon.And my bank statment is ready (28days).And i got my cas letter from the university..

Now the problem is that i check ukvi website for list of banks whose financial statements are accepted.there is no name of bank in the list which i have financial statment off .
Univeristy accepted the bank statment and than issued me the cas letter,

should i use not listed bank financial statment for visa.

Please let know what should i do.

Shahrukh
Newly Registered

Re: Help regarding financial statment

Post by Shahrukh » Tue May 28, 2019 7:52 pm

Please has anyone been through this situation..

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue May 28, 2019 8:06 pm

Shahrukh wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:24 pm
Hi i need your opionion regarding my situation

I am going to apply for tier 4 visa soon.And my bank statment is ready (28days).And i got my cas letter from the university..

Now the problem is that i check ukvi website for list of banks whose financial statements are accepted.there is no name of bank in the list which i have financial statment off .
Univeristy accepted the bank statment and than issued me the cas letter,

should i use not listed bank financial statment for visa.

Please let know what should i do.
Is it an UK bank ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Shahrukh
Newly Registered

Post by Shahrukh » Tue May 28, 2019 9:58 pm

No its bank from pakistan

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:33 am

Shahrukh wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:58 pm
No its bank from pakistan
You are looking at Appendix P, Table 6 ("acceptable" banks in Pakistan):
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... stitutions

You also need to look at Table 5 ("unacceptable" banks in Pakistan). As long as your bank is not listed in Table 5, you can use the evidence. However, given that it is not on Table 6, the Home Office will need to try to verify the documents.

See also UKCISA's guidance on this matter:
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-5347 > Acceptable and unacceptable financial institutions
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Shahrukh
Newly Registered

Post by Shahrukh » Wed May 29, 2019 1:34 pm

Thank for providing me the information but i have already checked bank isnt listed in table 5.And there is no name of the bank in table 6 ..

Ukvi bank list was last updated on 2017.

Other thing is that there was another student whose use the bank statment same as my bank his university issued him the cas letter too and later he got the visa .

Should i take risk or change my bank ..

Will be waiting to hear from you soon..

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Shahrukh wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:34 pm
Should i take risk or change my bank ..
See my previous reply and UKCISA's advice about using evidence from a bank that isn't on the "acceptable" table.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Shahrukh
Newly Registered

Post by Shahrukh » Wed May 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Yes i have look on both of the tables

(Appendix P of the Immigration Rules lists the banks in Bangladesh, Cameroon, Ghana, India, Iran, Pakistan, the Philippines and Sri Lanka whose documents can be safely used in immigration applications. It is possible to use documents from other banks in these countries, in which case the Home Office will need to verify the documents on a case-by-case basis.In Bangladesh, India, Iran, Pakistan and the Philippines you should also check that your bank is not on the "unacceptable" list).

I can confirm that bank name is not on the (unaccceptable list).But other thing is that bank name is also not in the (acceptable list). What should i do than???

( there was another student whose use the bank statment same as my bank his university issued him the cas letter too and later he got the visa)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:24 am

Shahrukh wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:24 pm
I can confirm that bank name is not on the (unaccceptable list).But other thing is that bank name is also not in the (acceptable list). What should i do than???
Again, see my previous reply yesterday 11:33 am. I posted a link to UKCISA's guidance on this matter.

Shahrukh
Newly Registered

Post by Shahrukh » Thu May 30, 2019 1:13 pm

Are you talkng about this point ..if not can you please explain more . :( :cry:

(Acceptable and unacceptable financial institutions
Appendix P of the Immigration Rules lists the banks in Bangladesh, Cameroon, Ghana, India, Iran, Pakistan, the Philippines and Sri Lanka whose documents can be safely used in immigration applications. It is possible to use documents from other banks in these countries, in which case the Home Office will need to verify the documents on a case-by-case basis. In Bangladesh, India, Iran, Pakistan and the Philippines you should also check that your bank is not on the "unacceptable" list.)

Really confused..

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Shahrukh wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:13 pm
Really confused..
I advise you get individual advice from the international student adviser at your university.

Shahrukh
Newly Registered

Post by Shahrukh » Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 pm

Anyone else been through this situation

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:38 am

Shahrukh wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 pm
Anyone else been through this situation
Genuine question that will help me with some research I am doing: why do you prefer to crowdsource amateur visa advice from random strangers online when you have access to free professional immigration advice from your university?