ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extensions NHS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EmilyF
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Tier 2 Extensions NHS

Post by EmilyF » Sun May 26, 2019 12:57 pm

Hello,

Timeline facts:
Initial grant tier 2- September 2017
Expiry date- September 2019

My employer (NHS Trust) would like to extend my visa application for another 2 years. I am on the same salary as I was when the tier 2 was initially granted (24k).

My questions are:

1) should I be requesting my employer to only extend for another year in order for me to be classified as a new entrant because if I extend by 2 years then I will exceed the 3 year limit for new entrant ( I am 25 years old) and I do not have an experienced workers pay as yet.

2) Is there any exceptions for NHS staff- I am a physiotherapist

EmilyF
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Tier 2 Extensions NHS

Post by EmilyF » Sun May 26, 2019 2:28 pm

Urgently need some advice if anyone has any!

Johnnydep
Mood:

Post by Johnnydep » Tue May 28, 2019 5:54 am

My understanding is that if you stay in the same trust, you just need to extend. You don't have to worry about the salary threshold. But you need to think about how to get ILR when your tier 2 expires in a further 3 years time.

You can only be on tier 2 for max 6 years and you have to reach a salary for 37000 for ILR application

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Tue May 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Johnnydep wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:54 am
My understanding is that if you stay in the same trust, you just need to extend. You don't have to worry about the salary threshold. But you need to think about how to get ILR when your tier 2 expires in a further 3 years time.

You can only be on tier 2 for max 6 years and you have to reach a salary for 37000 for ILR application
if this salary has to be 37000 for all 5 years or only in the last year ?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:29 pm

prisingh wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:24 pm
Johnnydep wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:54 am

if this salary has to be 37000 for all 5 years or only in the last year ?

thanks
The salary must meet the SOC at all times. For ILR, the salary requirements are different and must be as stated in the immigration rules or what the SOC states, whichever is HIGHER.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Tue May 28, 2019 8:30 pm

so how exactly they will decide as the criteria is increased by ukvi every year..
or is it to meet when u start it ?
for example
if i join now - the salary for ilr is around 35800 .. and i am abve that salary ..
what if next this increased to 40k but i am still at 36000 at the end of 5 year.. am i eligible for ilr ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:38 pm

prisingh wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:30 pm
so how exactly they will decide as the criteria is increased by ukvi every year..
or is it to meet when u start it ?
for example
if i join now - the salary for ilr is around 35800 .. and i am abve that salary ..
what if next this increased to 40k but i am still at 36000 at the end of 5 year.. am i eligible for ilr ?
No you won't qualify for ILR if the salary required is higher unless a PhD or shortage occupation.

Can I also ask you please to continue asking your questions in your own topic you already have. You have been tagging onto other members topics all day and it is unfair to other users and crates confusion when members respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Johnnydep
Mood:

Post by Johnnydep » Wed May 29, 2019 7:13 am

Understandably they increase the threshold every year. Home Office illustrates the thresholds until 2022 as far as I remember.
You just have to +5 from where your teir 2 started and see how much you earn in 5 years time

Correct me if I'm wrong