ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference between UKVCAS CORE CENTRE vs SERVICE POINT?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Difference between UKVCAS CORE CENTRE vs SERVICE POINT?

Post by aplinhar » Wed May 29, 2019 8:55 am

Let me start by thanking everyone for the great help this forum provides. :)

I have just submitted my application and about to book my appointment (Set (o) Tier 2 G to IRL).

What is the main difference between the 6 Core Centers and the Service Points (libraries) for Super Premium Priority Service?

I did a good search in the timeline and seems that everyone using the 24 hrs service are doing at Premium Lounge or Core centers only! :shock:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Difference between UKVCAS CORE CENTRE vs SERVICE POINT?

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 29, 2019 9:27 am

aplinhar wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:55 am

I have just submitted my application and about to book my appointment (Set (o) Tier 2 G to IRL).

What is the main difference between the 6 Core Centers and the Service Points (libraries) for Super Premium Priority Service?

I did a good search in the timeline and seems that everyone using the 24 hrs service are doing at Premium Lounge or Core centers only! :shock:
That is because the availability at enhanced centres is very scarce and you hardly find any appointments at enhanced centres (they are smaller centres) plus paid. You get option of free appointments only at core centres.
UKVCAS centre is just there to collect your biometrics and verify your documents. It has no influence on the timeline.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Post by aplinhar » Wed May 29, 2019 9:44 am

Thanks for the quick response tier11417.

I had the idea that the appointment for the 24 hrs service was more or less of an interview (to check documents, scan what is necessary/check what you scanned, ask questions like immigration officers do every time we arrive in the UK).

Do you think if I upload more docs than what the guidance asks will be an issue?

I just noticed my National Insurance are incorrect with HRMC AND I have a 10k raise from last year which wasn't informed via SMS until Feb 2019...thought of uploading all P60 and 3 months of payslips...which is more than the guidance asks.

Thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 29, 2019 10:56 am

aplinhar wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:44 am
Thanks for the quick response tier11417.

I had the idea that the appointment for the 24 hrs service was more or less of an interview (to check documents, scan what is necessary/check what you scanned, ask questions like immigration officers do every time we arrive in the UK).

Do you think if I upload more docs than what the guidance asks will be an issue?

I just noticed my National Insurance are incorrect with HRMC AND I have a 10k raise from last year which wasn't informed via SMS until Feb 2019...thought of uploading all P60 and 3 months of payslips...which is more than the guidance asks.

Thanks in advance
You can upload any docs you like. 24 hour service is not an interview. The UKVCAS staff is not there to interview. They simply will take your biometrics and verify your scanned documents and submit to HO. HO takes a decision then. 24 hour service is not a guarantee. Many have waited for days or even weeks.
Any sudden pay rise to meet the threshold will be an instant red flag and HO will investigate more into it so expect delays.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Post by aplinhar » Wed May 29, 2019 2:14 pm

Thanks again tier11417,

There change of salary is old (June 2018) is well above the requirement (promoted from mid level to senior), only problem was that HR forgot to update SMS...but it was done later anyways.

manitops

Post by manitops » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:22 pm

the closest free appointment at a core location was 6 weeks away for me
I had to pay £260 for next day appointment at a premium location
I also chose 24hrs super priority (+£800) it is two weeks now and no response yet
aplinhar wrote:

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Post by aplinhar » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:13 pm

manitops wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:22 pm
the closest free appointment at a core location was 6 weeks away for me
I had to pay £260 for next day appointment at a premium location
I also chose 24hrs super priority (+£800) it is two weeks now and no response yet
aplinhar wrote:

Oh man...that makes me sad! We are being treated as cash cows. Just saw this now, hope they have asnwered you by now.

And get that refound. They cannot charge you for a half done service.