ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any dependent on financial support

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrshh
Mood:
Mauritius

Re: Ielts for Spouse visa

Post by mrshh » Sun May 19, 2019 9:08 am

That’s weird. I definitely saw A1 and not B1 when I was filling the online application form on 17 May. Here is a screenshot:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Any dependent on financial support

Post by CR001 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:17 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrshh
Mood:
Mauritius

Re: Ielts for Spouse visa

Post by mrshh » Sun May 19, 2019 9:40 am

mrshh wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:08 am
That’s weird. I definitely saw A1 and not B1 when I was filling the online application form on 17 May. Here is a screenshot:
Note: this is a screenshot for online application for visa extension. (I was assuming it would be the same)

Since your wife has passed A1, I understand that it is her first application. I have just tried to start a new application (selecting application from outside UK) and yes, now I see B1 as well. It must be a mistake.
I have submitted A1 certificate myself when I applied in 2016 and I can see that the requirement is still A1.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:37 pm

Thanks.

Yes it looks like a mistake but then if I tick No to the question does the test access your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to B1 or higher

Then in supporting document, it requests for a degree certificate approved by Noric.

I am not sure what to do. Shall I wait for a few days and this error would disappear? I even tried redoing the application again but in vain.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

mrshh
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by mrshh » Sun May 19, 2019 2:16 pm

You should definitely not tick 'NO'. Otherwise your application will be refused for not submitting degree certificate approved by NARIC.

They will probably fix the error in a few days or you can email them to inform them of the mistake in the online application form.

I'm myself in a situation where I submitted a wrong certificate due to the fact that they omitted essential information on the online application form at that time and my application was rejected.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks and do you know what is their email address to contact ?

mrshh
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by mrshh » Sun May 19, 2019 4:47 pm

Option 1:
According to the government website:
How to complain
If you have a complaint about our service or professional conduct, we encourage you to email us at complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk, as you’re likely to receive a quicker reply.

How long will it take?
We’ll investigate your complaint and reply to you within 20 working days.

Option 2
Maybe you can also try to reach out to them on twitter @ukhomeoffice.

Option 3
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:35 pm

Hello, I tried option 3 and paid 5.8£ for an email but guess what I got in response is unfortunately we do not offer form-filling assistance.

If you need assistance, please get professional advice from an immigration advisor because if you do not make the application correctly, it can lead to the application being refused.

This is so rude. I think there is a definite error in the form as it is asking for English test certificate CEFR B1 instead of A1?

It is also asking for submitting a degree certificate approved by NARIC in supporting documents which is weird as I wish to use IELTS certificate instead?

The new form incorporates Appendix 2 in it. So, I also asked about the fact that do I need to submit Appendix 2 financial requirement form as well? They can simply say yes or no.

Why they took my money if this is what they have to respond. I am not sure what to do next? :oops:

mrshh
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by mrshh » Tue May 21, 2019 6:21 pm

According to the website:
You can call or email English-speaking staff with a question about your application. Contact centre staff cannot give you advice about your personal circumstances.
You probably got that response as you asked them if you have to submit Appendix 2. They will not help you if you ask for advice regarding form filling or document submission.

Report a technical problem
To report a technical problem with your online application, for example problems with passwords, payments, refunds and booking appointments, you must include:
your name
what you’re applying for (for example Tier 2 visa)
a description of the problem
You will not be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

If you only report the problem regarding the English Language test section, they should look into it.
Attach this picture in the email for them to see how the question looks like on the application form and point out that it should be a mistake as A1 certificate is required instead of B1.

mrshh
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by mrshh » Tue May 21, 2019 6:30 pm

You are being asked to submit a degree certificate approved by NARIC as you have ticked NO for question 'Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR B1 or higher?'

Once they fix the error on the online application form, it should be 'Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR A1 or higher?' and your answer will be yes and the document to be submitted will be the A1 certificate

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks, I again asked the follow up question if there is an error in the form ? regarding english certificate level ???

I am not sure if I will be getting a response. But also asked for refund if they cant answer this question.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:44 pm
Thanks, I again asked the follow up question if there is an error in the form ? regarding english certificate level ???

I am not sure if I will be getting a response. But also asked for refund if they cant answer this question.
A refund for what exactly?? You won't get a refund for calling the charge number call centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrshh
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by mrshh » Tue May 21, 2019 7:05 pm

I am assuming that you can respond to the email they last sent to you as it says 'You will not be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.'

If your enquiry was clearly about the English Language test question, they should not charge you again.
I don't think the fee is refundable as well.

You can say:

'Your name:.......
Application for spouse visa from outside UK
Description of problem: I am writing to inform you that there is a mistake in the online application form (Please refer to the attached picture). It says 'Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR B1 or higher?'. However, according to my understanding, a minimum level of A1 is required instead of B1 level.
Could you please look into it so that I can proceed with the online application?

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:08 pm

Thanks CR001 your advice would be very helpful.

I emailed them with a specific question for which I had to pay 5.8£ and then they responded that we can not assist in filling out the form ? while I am pointing to a possible error in the form? So I asked if they can confirm there are no mistakes in the form? and if they can't respond to this question and send a generic email back should not I get a refund for sending an expensive email?

Filling form assistance is different than having some errors in the form which need clarity.

If they can't even help sort this type of question even then what would be the best way to ask ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:16 pm

The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:33 pm

I think the email response I got is from UK visa and immigration official, not the call center official.

If there are technical issues in the online form and visa is refused because of it then how can home office blame the applicant if they are not able to answer queries about it ???

zaf1
Pakistan

Screen Shots of Chat logs?

Post by zaf1 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

Hello again,
For proof of relationship (in contact with the spouse) can I use screenshots of messenger facebook chats and copy them (2 per month) on a word/pdf file.

I downloaded all messenger data but it is 1000 pages or more. So cant print it all. The screenshots will show the date and name.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Screen Shots of Chat logs?

Post by seagul » Mon May 27, 2019 6:07 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm
Hello again,
For proof of relationship (in contact with the spouse) can I use screenshots of messenger facebook chats and copy them (2 per month) on a word/pdf file.

I downloaded all messenger data but it is 1000 pages or more. So cant print it all. The screenshots will show the date and name.

Thanks.
Screenshots should be fine but try to attach as much as possible. And to save the paper you can download free software of framing instead pasting them on doc/PDF. Apart of screenshots of chat/call there should be other types of proofs too such as passport stamps, money transfer receipt, pictures, gifts receipts etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Thanks, which software is that which can help combine screenshots?
I have a wedding and family photos and a birthday gift email which my wife sent.
I do not a have money transfer receipt as I do not send her money and our wedding ceremony only held in March,2019 and I gave her money on the occassion and so far not sent any from UK.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon May 27, 2019 6:16 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:11 pm
Thanks, which software is that which can help combine screenshots?
From your phone inbuilt feature "google play store" you can easily search & get which are plenty.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:19 pm

Thanks, I will ask my spouse to do the same so my name is seen on her screenshots as well.
Does the software convert file to word/pdf?
Do I need a money transfer receipts as well?
Wedding photos, hotel bookings, flight tickets, family photos, chat logs (screenshots), one email for bday gift receipt... I hope these should be sufficient?

Thanks.

zaf1
Pakistan

Salary Pension deductions

Post by zaf1 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:08 pm

Thanks all, One more query. I am grateful to all who can respond to my questions.

I will be applying spouse visa employment route 3B. 11 months past employer salary slips and one month new employer slip.
In my new employment, I just got my new salary slip it states gross salary per month and tax deductions as appropriate. However, due to some errors on the finance team my pension deduction is not shown. I spoken to HR they said that I have been auto-enrolled in pension and they contributed towards the pension but my employee deduction due to some error has not been deduce. HR said in next month slip they will deduce the pension (extra money I got this month as pension was not deduced) for current month as well. HR also said they can give me renewed slip with pension deductions for the current month.

But amount in my bank statement is the one that matches with old slip. What should I do in this scenero ? Shall I ask letter from HR to explain pension deductions but I may not need it as this may confuse the home office. All I can say is that I should use old slip with exactly the same amount credited in bank account to prove with bank statement ? Any suggestions? or get an extra letter from HR with renewed advise slip.

Many thanks.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:49 am

Hello,
Any any one suggest please ? which payslip should I use? CR001/Seagul?
Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 29, 2019 1:48 pm

To keep the things more easier, better to use old payslip which amount matches with credit entry in bank statement.

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks Seagul.
I assume as long as gross salary, tax deductions and amount credited to bank account is matched it should be Ok.
Pension deductions is I hope not important. Nevertheless my salary is well above threshold limit for finance.

Thanks again!