ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correct address to send spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ronson
Bangladesh

Correct address to send spouse visa application

Post by Ronson » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:16 am

Hi guys,

I am really confused now.

A brief about my case:

I am a British citizen who is currently living in the UK. My wife is a Bangladeshi citizen who is living in Bangladesh. I applied for a settlement visa to bring my wife to the UK. I completed the application via Visa4UK and send the documents from the UK to Sheffield address via Royal Mail.
    Form submitted online : 27th March 2019
      Biometrics and visa fees were taken at the local VAC in Bangladesh on : 31st March 2019
        All the supporting documents were sent via Roal Mail Special Next Day Delivery on : 2nd April 2019
          Checked the Royal Mail Tracking number on the Royal Mail site and it says : Sorry, we were unable to deliver this item at 03-04-2019 as the recipient refused to accept it. It will now be returned to the sender.

I sent the documents to -

Settlement Applications
          International Operations and Visas
          PO Box 5852
          Sheffield
          S11 0FX
          United Kingdom

Can you please tell me is it a wrong address? I am still confused on why would they refuse to accept my parcel?

Many thanks,

Ron

CR001
          Mood:
          South Africa

Re: Correct address to send spouse visa application

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:05 am

Are you sure your application said to send documents by post to Sheffield and not 'scan at VFS' or sponsor to attend a UKCVAS service point in the UK to do it???
          Char (CR001 not Casa)
          In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
          Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ronson
          Bangladesh

Spouse Visa Application

Post by Ronson » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could shed some lights here.

I am a British citizen and my wife is a Bangladeshi citizen. I am the sponsor. My wife applied for the UK Settlement (Spouse) visa from Bangladesh. She has submitted her online application form via Visa4UK on the 27th March 2019. After submitting the application form, she received a visa application confirmation email which stated her application number, visa fee that she will need to pay and the local VAC in Bangladesh (which is a VFS centre), the supporting documents she will need to submit and where to send the supporting documents. The address they provided in the email for sending the supporting documents is - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield S3 8NU.

She went to the local VAC in Bangladesh (VFS) on the 31st March 2019 where they kept her passport and had her fingerprints takes. She was also asked if she would like to purchase the priority visa service which she has rejected as we are happy to wait 60 working days. After that, she posted all her supporting documents to the UK to me and then I prepared all the supporting documents from my end.

On the 9th April 2019, I sent our supporting documents to the address which they provided to her via email:
          6 Millsands
          Vulcan House
          Sheffield
          S3 8NU

On the 10th of April, I have checked the Royal Mail tracking and noticed that they have received my supporting documents.

Today the 11th April 2019, I have read on a few threads here (immigrationboards.com) saying that the supporting documents has to be scanned and sent via VFS centres in the UK for a £75 cost.

Question: I am just confused here. Is it OK that I sent my document to the Sheffield address as per their email? Or should I have taken my supporting documents to the VFS centres in the UK and have them scanned and sent to UKVI? Please note that my wife (applicant) didn't receive any email saying the sponsor should take our supporting documents to the VFS centre in the UK.

Many thanks,

Ronson

rezuan88
          Newly Registered
          Bangladesh

Post by rezuan88 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Hi

UK Sheffield doesn't accept paper copy anymore. You have to go VFS centre in London or others places which ever closest to get them scanned. total charge you have to pay £75+£20(courier service to return your documents= £95.
          They will give you a receipts. they say its take about 4 working days to get documents scanned. I done mine 3 days ago, so I assume they will send you confirmation once everything is complete.

Good Luck in your application :D :D

Halima19888
          Newly Registered

Post by Halima19888 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi
          I sent my supporting documents to Sheffield last Friday (5th april) and had them sent back to my solicitor as they do not take posted documents anymore.
          I went to the VFS centre yesterday with ALL any supporting documents, including original nikahnama, TB test and English test.
          They do not accept originals, or papers that are NOT A4 sized (my wage slips were printed small) so I had to get them photocopied at the centre (cost me over £4 for 17 pages) on A4 paper.
          They then scanned them all (I had lots of papers because I printed my entire Whatsapp chat history) then they gave ALL papers back to me.
          They scan and send to Sheffield themselves.
          So basically on the 10th (yesterday)
          I arrived at around 8:45 at the VFS centre in Manchester and they gave me some papers with barcodes on them. For example one paper said ‘financial evidence’ and had to be placed on top of the pile of my financial evidence. I had to sit down and do that myself which was awkward as I was doing it with all my papers on my lap! Some people were sat on the floor arranging their papers into the correct piles!
          Mine were already arranged by my solicitor but they need the barcoded papers on top of each pile.
          You have to put the first page of your application at the front of the entire document pile.
          After this, I got a ticket number and had to sit and wait my turn.
          My turn came around 10/10:30am
          I went to the counter and she saw my originals and said can’t use original as scanner may ruin them. She sent them to be photocopied.
          After the papers were scanned and given back to me I had to pay a fee of £75 BY CARD ONLY. They don’t accept cash. As well as photocopying fees.
          Then I had to sit and wait for about 45 minutes, for the documents to save on the computer.
          Once they were saved she called me and said I can leave now.
          So basically I was at the VFS centre from 8:30am-11:45am. I was super late for work that day :lol:

Ronson
          Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:39 pm

My wife (Bangladeshi citizen) submitted her online application on the 27th March 2019, had her Biometrics appointment on the 31st March 2019 and I (sponsor) then send all the supporting documents to the Vulcan House address (as per the visa application submission conformation email) on the 9th April 2019. They didn't inform us about taking my documents to VFS and get it scanned there.

It's really confusing. Thanks Halima19888 for posting your experience at the VFS centre. I guess I will need to wait for them to send me back my documents.

@Halima19888, when did you guys submit the online application and how long did you wait for UKVI to send your documents back to you? Did they explain to you why did they send your documents back?

Many thanks.

Ronson
          Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
          Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:05 am
          Are you sure your application said to send documents by post to Sheffield and not 'scan at VFS' or sponsor to attend a UKCVAS service point in the UK to do it???
          Yes. I am sure.

My wife submitted her online application via Visa4UK on the 27th March 2019. And then she paid for the IHS. Straightaway after the submission and IHS payment, she received a bio metric appointment confirmation email and the below visa application confirmation email from visa4UK.
          Dear  .......

Visa Application Reference Number - GWF0.......

The cost of your application is :  ৳‎177,186.00  

Supporting Documents – A guide to the documents required to support your visa application can be found by selecting your visa type at https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration and following the link to documents you must provide.

Next Steps–- You must now take your printed application, appointment confirmation, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless already paid online) to the address shown below on the date and time of your appointment.

VFS Sylhet Visa Application Centre
          7th Floor Nirvana Inn
          Mirza Jungle Road
          Ramerdhigir par
          Sylhet
          Bangladesh

If you are in the United States of America, you must send these documents to the visa issuing office as detailed in the information provided at the Application Support Centre and on your Appointment Confirmation email/letter. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location and your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit the required documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.

Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications - UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate General, 845 Third Avenue, New York, 10022

Settlement (Family Migration) Applications - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU

IMPORTANT – Please ensure that you submit a full printed copy of your online application which must be signed and dated and contain a bar code on the first page - if no bar code is present you will need to change the security settings on your computer.

The printed application can only be used ONCE to support a visa application and should not be photocopied or submitted to support any other visa application.

Completed Application – Please log in to your account at http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome and select ‘View My Applications’ to view your application and application history

Customer Feedback – You can give some very quick feedback on the visa applicationyou have just completed at http://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice ... 88206EUQBM

Customs Information – You can not bring in certain goods to the UK, even if you are travelling from within the European Union. These include endangered species (and items made from them), some types of food and plants, firearms and offensive weapons. You can find further information at https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/bann ... cted-goods

Did I make a mistake sending the supporting documents to the International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU address instead of scanning them via VFS?

Thanks.

Ronson
          Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:18 am

rezuan88 wrote:
          Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:59 pm
          Hi

UK Sheffield doesn't accept paper copy anymore. You have to go to VFS centre in London or other places whichever closest to get them scanned. total charge you have to pay £75+£20(courier service to return your documents= £95.
          They will give you a receipt. they say its take about 4 working days to get documents scanned. I have done mine 3 days ago, so I assume they will send you a confirmation once everything is complete.

Good Luck in your application :D :D
          Hi Rezuan88, did you receive a confirmation email from Visa4UK after you have submitted the online application form? Did they mention any address for where to send your supporting documents? Mine said International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU.

When did you submit your online application form? I think they have changed the rule (scanning the documents to VFS instead of sending to them) for anyone who applies after March 2019. I submitted my application form on the 27th of March. Have you received any confirmation email from HO for submitting your supporting documents?

Really confused with them.

Thanks,

Ronson

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi ronson

Did you receive your documents back? I just realised now , you are not to post the paper copies to them anymore.

I have to wait too to get my documents back the I can go to visa centre to get it uploaded

Jhelumi
          Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Application

Post by Jhelumi » Tue May 21, 2019 7:41 pm

Ronson wrote:
          Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:34 pm
          Hi guys,

I am a British citizen and my wife is a Bangladeshi citizen. I am the sponsor. My wife applied for the UK Settlement (Spouse) visa from Bangladesh. She has submitted her online application form via Visa4UK on the 27th March 2019. After submitting the application form, she received a visa application confirmation email which stated her application number, visa fee that she will need to pay and the local VAC in Bangladesh (which is a VFS centre), the supporting documents she will need to submit and where to send the supporting documents. The address they provided in the email for sending the supporting documents is - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield S3 8NU.

She went to the local VAC in Bangladesh (VFS) on the 31st March 2019 where they kept her passport and had her fingerprints takes. She was also asked if she would like to purchase the priority visa service which she has rejected as we are happy to wait 60 working days. After that, she posted all her supporting documents to the UK to me and then I prepared all the supporting documents from my end.

On the 9th April 2019, I sent our supporting documents to the address which they provided to her via email:
          6 Millsands
          Vulcan House
          Sheffield
          S3 8NU

On the 10th of April, I have checked the Royal Mail tracking and noticed that they have received my supporting documents.

Today the 11th April 2019, I have read on a few threads here (immigrationboards.com) saying that the supporting documents has to be scanned and sent via VFS centres in the UK for a £75 cost.

Question: I am just confused here. Is it OK that I sent my document to the Sheffield address as per their email? Or should I have taken my supporting documents to the VFS centres in the UK and have them scanned and sent to UKVI? Please note that my wife (applicant) didn't receive any email saying the sponsor should take our supporting documents to the VFS centre in the UK.

Many thanks,

Ronson
          Hello,

You have sent them to the correct address. Not to worry.

Jhelumi
          Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 pm

Karmy100 wrote:
          Tue May 21, 2019 6:51 pm
          Hi ronson

Did you receive your documents back? I just realised now , you are not to post the paper copies to them anymore.

I have to wait too to get my documents back the I can go to visa centre to get it uploaded
          Hello,

There's no such thing as documents are no longer to be sent to Sheffield.

When people submit their online application on the Visa4UK website, it gives the applicant the option to "Register at Commercial Partner" site. This is only optional if you want to have the documentation scanned instead of posting them.

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi

When I submitted my online application it said I should send my supporting documents to PO Box 5852 Sheffield, S11 0FX.

But later on I read saying you are to go to a visa centre to get it uploaded?

I’m guessing I should be fine? As I submitted my documents where they told me to on my online application?

It’s been almost 2 weeks since I posted my document till now they haven’t posted back.

So stressed and paranoid right now as I’m still unsure if they have my documents or not..

Ronson
          Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi Karmy100,

Can you please copy and paste the email you received from them after you have submitted the online application form?

Thanks,

Ronson

Ronson
          Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Wed May 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Karmy100 wrote:
          Hi ronson

Hi Karmy, no I didn’t receive any documents back yet. How long did you wait till you get your dox back? Did you contact them to send the documents back to you so the you can get them scanned at the VFS centre in the UK?

I sent my docs on the 10th Apr 2019. They have signed and received the dox. I am yet to receive my dox back.

Ronson
          Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Thu May 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi guys, just received an email from UK Visas and Immigration saying that my application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. It can take up to 60 working days to process a settlement visa

There is a lot of confusion around whether Sheffield does/doesn't accept any paper documents or not. It looks like you don't need to submit your supporting documents via VFS centres in the UK unless you sign up to a registered partner while processing your visa application form via Visa4UK. Just send your documents to the address which they have mentioned in the visa application submission email.

Hope this helps guys.

Ronson

Ronson
          Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Thu May 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Jhelumi wrote:
          Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 pm
          Karmy100 wrote:
          Hi ronson

Hello,

There's no such thing as documents are no longer to be sent to Sheffield.

When people submit their online application on the Visa4UK website, it gives the applicant the option to "Register at Commercial Partner" site. This is only optional if you want to have the documentation scanned instead of posting them.

Jhelumi
          Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Ronson wrote:
          Hi guys,

6 Millsands
          Vulcan House
          Sheffield
          S3 8NU

Many thanks,

Ronson
          Hello,

Is your visa type prioirty or standard?

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:45 pm

Ronson wrote:
          Thu May 23, 2019 2:34 pm
          Hi guys, just received an email from UK Visas and Immigration saying that my application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. It can take up to 60 working days to process a settlement visa

There is a lot of confusion around whether Sheffield does/doesn't accept any paper documents or not. It looks like you don't need to submit your supporting documents via VFS centres in the UK unless you sign up to a registered partner while processing your visa application form via Visa4UK. Just send your documents to the address which they have mentioned in the visa application submission email.

Hope this helps guys.

Ronson

Hi ronson

That’s great news! I sent a letter saying yesterday that if I was not meant to send you the documents anymore, could you post back the documents so I could go to VfS centre.

But by the looks of it, I don’t need to, I just need to be patient and wait.

I sent my documents off on 9th May, so I’m guessing they are probably a bit behind hence why they haven’t had the chance to look at my supporting documents.

Ronson
          Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Tue May 28, 2019 8:45 pm

It’s non-priority.
          Jhelumi wrote:
          Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm
          Ronson wrote:
          Hi guys,

6 Millsands
          Vulcan House
          Sheffield
          S3 8NU

Many thanks,

Ronson
          Hello,

Is your visa type prioirty or standard?

Yuss100
          Newly Registered
          Mood:

Post by Yuss100 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 pm

This is great distraction and confused for visa4uk any can help me about vfs centre go supporting documents here in uk how I can get appointment or just can walk in I tries checking vs global website they don't have enough information and wife already been biometric appointment on 24/5/2019 very unfairly caused you visa and ihs fee than no enough information

Ronson
          Bangladesh

Post by Ronson » Wed May 29, 2019 12:55 pm

Just go to the VFS centre in the UK. You don’t need an appointment. It’s a walk-in service. It will cost you between £75-£100. Everything should be done within 3 hours.

Have you checked the email you have received from the Visa4UK after submitting the online application form? There it should say whether do you need to submit your supporting docs via VFS centres in the UK or post your documents to their address.

Yuss100
          Newly Registered
          Mood:

Post by Yuss100 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:45 pm

No confirmation email form visa4uk home office Sheffield either tls my wife she been biometric appointment on 24 May 2019 after she ask staff about information where to send documents in uk staff was so rude they don't knows am surprise I send email it come atomatic acknowledged they said they going deals with my quers in 3 day time

Yuss100
          Newly Registered
          Mood:

Post by Yuss100 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:50 pm

Any one know address for vs centre prossecing visa4uk here in uk

Jhelumi
          Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Wed May 29, 2019 3:56 pm

Yuss100 wrote:
          Wed May 29, 2019 3:50 pm
          Any one know address for vs centre prossecing visa4uk here in uk
          Hello,

The address for submitting the supporting documents to Sheffield is as follows:

Home Office,
          International Settlement Applications Operations and Visas,
          6 Mill Sands,
          Vulcan House,
          Sheffield,
          S3 8NH

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:40 pm

Ronson wrote:
          Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 pm
          Hi Karmy100,

Can you please copy and paste the email you received from them after you have submitted the online application form?

Thanks,

Ronson
          Hi Ronson

When I submitted my application through Visa4UK, it asked me to post my supporting documents at:
          "Settlement Applications"
          PO Box 5852
          Sheffield
          United Kingdom
          S11 0FX

But after my wife's biometric appointment, she got the below email:

Dear XXXX

Regarding Visa Application: GWFXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your UK sponsor have not already submitted your supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person for a fee of £75 per application, payable in cash or with a debit card. For these locations please refer to:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/news/ ... ement-visa

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the submission date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.
          If you have paid for Priority Service we aim to complete your application within 6 weeks of your submission date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.
          As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fee, is non-refundable, even if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website;
          https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
          Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country:
          https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times
          We will not contact you again unless we require any further information regarding your application, otherwise you will be contacted by the commercial partner at the application centre where you submitted your application when your decision is ready for collection.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre