ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aspirant910

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by aspirant910 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:13 am

aspirant910 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:18 pm
aspirant910 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:00 pm
I have visited UKVCAS and have submitted my visa application via super priority on the 22nd morning. I have not received any email regarding my visa extension and if I call UKVCAS helpline on 0900 165 6600 or 03001232241 I can only hear music before it getting disconnected. how can I escalate this as I need to urgently travel back to India and waiting for a decision on my application?
My overall experience with UKVCAS appointment system is very disappointing, I paid a hefty amount for super priority + next day appointment only to again wait and chase on this. Surprisingly, mine is an ICT Tier 2 extension which I believe should be straight forward. I am really stuck looking at the long weekend coming. Will again call UKI at 09:00 sharp to see if I can connect to someone to see the status of my application. Wish they would come up with an online tracking system to make life easier for everyone.
If they do not decide on my application tomorrow, I may be stuck for another 4-5 days , which will be horrible for me.
called UKVI today and they said you need to wait till Tuesday morning before they can escalate it to HO. I am not sure why they have the helpline then if they can not provide a status of visa application :(
Not sure why I have not received an email till now as it been more than 48 hours? Did anyone else experience similar issues?

gabbar2019
Newly Registered
India

Post by gabbar2019 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:17 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:57 pm
I switched employer (Tier 2 G) and therefore needed to change BRP.

I had an appointment at Croydon today

23rd May (today) at 8:00 am provided my biometrics
23rd May 8:25 am application submitted
23rd May end of day (NO email came in)

Now it is within 24 hours I understand but does it really mean 24 hours to process the application! I know HO don’t work after 5 pm!

From your experience, will they send email if decision tomorrow by 8:25 am???

I’m stressed now that the decision might be delayed.
Have you got any response yet?

aspirant910

Post by aspirant910 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:49 pm

aspirant910 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:13 am
aspirant910 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:18 pm
aspirant910 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:00 pm
I have visited UKVCAS and have submitted my visa application via super priority on the 22nd morning. I have not received any email regarding my visa extension and if I call UKVCAS helpline on 0900 165 6600 or 03001232241 I can only hear music before it getting disconnected. how can I escalate this as I need to urgently travel back to India and waiting for a decision on my application?
My overall experience with UKVCAS appointment system is very disappointing, I paid a hefty amount for super priority + next day appointment only to again wait and chase on this. Surprisingly, mine is an ICT Tier 2 extension which I believe should be straight forward. I am really stuck looking at the long weekend coming. Will again call UKI at 09:00 sharp to see if I can connect to someone to see the status of my application. Wish they would come up with an online tracking system to make life easier for everyone.
If they do not decide on my application tomorrow, I may be stuck for another 4-5 days , which will be horrible for me.
called UKVI today and they said you need to wait till Tuesday morning before they can escalate it to HO. I am not sure why they have the helpline then if they can not provide a status of visa application :(
Not sure why I have not received an email till now as it been more than 48 hours? Did anyone else experience similar issues?
Got a post today saying it's being approved and BRP will come in next 7-10 days.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:10 pm

Update:

I received th email confirming my leave has been granted today at 3:12 pm.

The reason for delay might be one you have never heard of! The strangest reason I have ever heard!
Not sure if this the right thread to tell why the decision was delayed!

hobba2008 wrote:

Now it is within 24 hours I understand but does it really mean 24 hours to process the application! I know HO don’t work after 5 pm!

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:11 pm

gabbar2019 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:17 am
hobba2008 wrote:

Have you got any response yet?
Yes. Email received 😊

darallis
Newly Registered

Post by darallis » Sat May 25, 2019 7:21 pm

For the second escalation, they misspelled my name so i said i needed clarification... for the third escalation, i said i did not understand the last response i was given...which was true. Defn contact mp if you have not
Ncr7 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 pm
darallis wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:24 pm
Hoping my timeline encourages someone, as others' timeline updates gave me hope during a ridiculously and unnecessarily difficult process.

April 24: Submitted application
Tuesday April 30: Attended biometric appt in croydon, super priority
Tuesday April 30: Email from HO caseworker asking ifI attended my appointment?????? Apparently, Sopra systems in Croydon had some technical difficulties and for the next excruciatingly painful 5 days, no one at Sopra or UKVI could tell me if my biometrics had been sent?!?!
Tuesday May 7: 1st Escalation
Wednesday May 8: Contacted MP; MP office said letter would sent on Monday May 13
Thursday May 8: Sopra finally confirms biometrics were sent to HO on Friday May 3
Thursday May 8: received generic "we aim to complete all applications..." email for first escalation
Thursday May 8: 2nd escalation
Friday May 9: Agony (I needed my brp asap to travel and time was running out fast)
Monday May 13: Phone call response to 2nd escalation saying my application was now with HO caseworker
Monday May 13: MP sends letter
Tuesday May 14: Decision email received; BRP and approval letter to be sent "in due course"; Email also indicates Super priority fees would be refunded.
Thursday May 16: BRP received
Friday May 17: Approval letter received and super priority refunded.

Right to work status for old BRP always showed up as expired.

Hope this encourages someone. Wishing you all the best
Hi,

Your situation seems very similar to mine as I too have travel plans and therefore paid for the 24hr super priority service and attended my appointment at the premium lounge on 11 May 2019.

I have not heard anything back and therefore raised the 1st escalation on 20 May 2029, which I got the generic email back for on 22 May 2019.

I called the contact centre and they stated that I cannot raise a second escalation until after 30 days? You did yours after a few days from the 1st escalation?

Do you think I should ring again and raise a second escalation? Or should I contact the MP?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

darallis
Newly Registered

Post by darallis » Sat May 25, 2019 7:21 pm

For the second escalation, they misspelled my name so i said i needed clarification... for the third escalation, i said i did not understand the last response i was given...which was true. Defn contact mp if you have not
Ncr7 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 pm
darallis wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:24 pm
Hoping my timeline encourages someone, as others' timeline updates gave me hope during a ridiculously and unnecessarily difficult process.

April 24: Submitted application
Tuesday April 30: Attended biometric appt in croydon, super priority
Tuesday April 30: Email from HO caseworker asking ifI attended my appointment?????? Apparently, Sopra systems in Croydon had some technical difficulties and for the next excruciatingly painful 5 days, no one at Sopra or UKVI could tell me if my biometrics had been sent?!?!
Tuesday May 7: 1st Escalation
Wednesday May 8: Contacted MP; MP office said letter would sent on Monday May 13
Thursday May 8: Sopra finally confirms biometrics were sent to HO on Friday May 3
Thursday May 8: received generic "we aim to complete all applications..." email for first escalation
Thursday May 8: 2nd escalation
Friday May 9: Agony (I needed my brp asap to travel and time was running out fast)
Monday May 13: Phone call response to 2nd escalation saying my application was now with HO caseworker
Monday May 13: MP sends letter
Tuesday May 14: Decision email received; BRP and approval letter to be sent "in due course"; Email also indicates Super priority fees would be refunded.
Thursday May 16: BRP received
Friday May 17: Approval letter received and super priority refunded.

Right to work status for old BRP always showed up as expired.

Hope this encourages someone. Wishing you all the best
Hi,

Your situation seems very similar to mine as I too have travel plans and therefore paid for the 24hr super priority service and attended my appointment at the premium lounge on 11 May 2019.

I have not heard anything back and therefore raised the 1st escalation on 20 May 2029, which I got the generic email back for on 22 May 2019.

I called the contact centre and they stated that I cannot raise a second escalation until after 30 days? You did yours after a few days from the 1st escalation?

Do you think I should ring again and raise a second escalation? Or should I contact the MP?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Suni2610
Newly Registered

Post by Suni2610 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Hello
My husband had his appointment in Chelmsford on Wednesday morning for flr(m) and got an email in the afternoon saying it had been successful but no info confirming the extension date. After reading the posts here people are checking the right to work gov site which we have done and it still shows the current expiry date this year so we are abit worried now. Please can anyone give us any advice? Thank you

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon May 27, 2019 10:23 pm

i am sure that when you receive the acceptance letter and BRP, the date of expiry will be made clear.

bambatron
Newly Registered

Post by bambatron » Tue May 28, 2019 1:01 pm

Hello,

Tier 2 General to ILR

I had an appointment last Friday London Premium Lounge: paid £260 for it as I missed a Croydon appointment which was free of charge. (you snooze you loose)

- Early morning submitted the biometric details.
- waited whole day and the long bank holiday weekend for no emails
- Monday night came back home to find a letter signed by my landlord.
- I opened it to see the good news :)
- Apparently they have made the decision within approx 4 hours and posted it same day to be delivered next day.

My application was a very complex one, my solicitor asked me to submit so much of details and asked me to write a comprehensive personal letter detailing the background of my application. I submitted only the minimum required documents and didn't submit any personal statements.

For the over thinkers: they say that the devil is in the details. So stick to what is only mandatory. If they need more information, they will simply ask you to provide. Make it easy for the one who is checking your application and you should get the application granted the same day.

Best of luck to everyone, you have ridden all the way up the mountain and now you should wait the storm out.

Bamb

totoromeow
Newly Registered
China

Post by totoromeow » Wed May 29, 2019 10:15 am

Do most people receive their BRP card within 2-3 days after the decision e-mail? I have been waiting for my replacement BRP for a week now. I got the e-mailed decision last Tuesday and the paper decision letter last Friday. When I called DX today, they still don't have anything for my name/address. I have urgent travel plans coming up and I'm very stressed about whether or not the BRP would arrive on time :(

Any suggestions on how I could get some information now? I understand I'm still within the 10 working days limit, but if I wait until after 10 days to report and with the 5-day turnaround time, I would have been waiting for this for close to a month. I was really hoping paying that amount of money for super priority would speed up delivery as well.

TartanNYY
Newly Registered

Post by TartanNYY » Wed May 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi,

SET (M), 5 Year Route

Applied online: 22/05/2019
Biometrics taken: 28/05/2019 at 10:30am
SET (M) approval email received: 29/05/2019 at 12:58

Best of luck to everyone applying.

leoj
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by leoj » Wed May 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Hello,

Set (o) Ancestry to ILR, with 1 dependent
Had the Biometrics at Croydon at 8AM yesterday
Received the granted approval decision today at 8:07AM for the dependent only.[/list]

Surely the dependent cannot be granted approval without the approval of the main applicant?
Based on reading through previous posts, it seems that sometimes the email never comes through and the BRP simply arrives in the post. Potentially this could be the case?

Would be curious to know if anyone has heard of a similar situation.

Thanks!

totoromeow
Newly Registered
China

Post by totoromeow » Thu May 30, 2019 6:26 am

Anybody experiencing a delay to BRP delivery?

I got my application (BRP RC) approval on 21/5/2019 but I'm still waiting on the BRP card. I just received a reply to the inquiry I sent and it said there is a production delay because they are waiting for NI number confirmation from the Department of Works & Pension.

ObiEff01
Newly Registered

Post by ObiEff01 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:13 am

ObiEff01 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:12 am
ObiEff01 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 am
ObiEff01 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:05 pm
My wife received the below email today, she found 2 missed calls after coming out of a lecture, they were probably the calls mentioned in the email.

"Dear Mrs XXXX,

We have attempted to contact you today, as UKVI have informed us you are required to attend an appointment at our site. Unfortunately we have not been able to contact you to arrange a new appointment.

In order for UKVI to process your application you must book a new appointment. This can be done by logging into your account on https://www.UKVCAS.co.uk or by calling our customer helpline on 0330 123 1199, calls to this number are charged at local rates.

If you do not book a further appointment your application may be rejected by UKVI."

We applied online for a first spouse visa extension flr(m) on the 27th of April. My wife attended her biometrics appointment on the 10th of May, until todays email we have received no confirmation or communication from UKVi or Sopra Steria. We are baffled by why they would need a second appointment, could the staff member who took the biometrics have forgotten to submit the application? When I look at the online account, I still have the option to upload documents, should this be disabled once the application has been submitted.

I checked on the website and there is no way to book an appointment there, it still shows the details of the previous appointment and there is an option to cancel it, but no way to book another appointment. We will call tomorrow morning to see about booking a second appointment.

If anyone has any ideas as to what this could be about then please let us know.

Thanks
My wife called this morning and has been told there was an issue with the appointment and she needs to attend a second appointment. The next available appointment in London is on the 4th of June, 3 weeks away. So 4 weeks after her first appointment and we will still have not received a reply from the HO, clearly the Super Priority Service is great value for money.

Application: FLR(M) first extension
Application Submitted Online: 27/04/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date: 11/05/2019 11:30 am
Email Received regarding second appointment: 16/05/2019 6:00 pm
Second Appointment Date: 04/06/2019 (waiting)

She also had to pay £60 for the second appointment though they said they will refund this. How would I go about chasing the HO for a refund for the £800 for the Super Priority service?
We managed to find a closer appointment, and went yesterday to the Croydon office, paid an extra £100 for the privilege. My wife scanned her passport at the self service machines and then when she sat with the attendant they re scanned it. At the appointment they were having some difficulty with submitting the application and the attendant called over their manager. Their conversation basically was "We have tried to submit it by application reference and tried to submit by date of birth but its's not working, we'll try to manually submit it tonight".

My wife just got an email from the HO caseworker asking if she attended the appointment and mentioning that "The tri-scan of your passport do not seem to have been uploaded", they then said "If you did not attend can you confirm that you have booked another appointment or wish to void the application.
You may also send you current passport directly to us directly"

We have replied stating that we have already attended two appointments and that the passport was scanned at both appointments and is also uploaded amongst our documents. I can send them the passport by next day delivery, but given how bad they are at losing stuff I am cautious to do this, I don't want to do this unless it is absolutely necessary. Should I send it to them and risk them losing it or book another appointment, probably won't be for at least a week.
Good news, my wife has had her extension approved and we have received her BRP, here's our timeline:

Application: FLR(M) first extension
Application Submitted Online: 27/04/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date: 11/05/2019 11:30 am
Email Received regarding attending a second appointment: 16/05/2019 6:00 pm
Second Appointment Date: 22/05/2019
Email Received asking us to provide physical passport (dispatched same day): 23/05/2019
Passport received at HO: 24/05/2019
Email Received saying leave to remain was granted: 28/05/2019 8 am
Email Received from HO saying they will process a refund for super priority service: 29/05/2019
BRP Delivered by Courier: 30/05/2019

We are still waiting for her passport to be sent back, and we did not yet receive the decision letter. Hopefully they are on the way.

One thing I would like to mention is that we supplied old style UK NARIC certificates and they were accepted fine, there were a few other people in similar situations. I think as long as you provide both the bachelors equivalency certificate and the level of proficiency certificate together, they will accept the old ones.

totoromeow
Newly Registered
China

Post by totoromeow » Thu May 30, 2019 10:10 am

trait_metallurgica wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:04 pm
Hello All,

I've been reading through hundreds of posts in this forum silently, which can reduce some stress coming out while waiting. I just wanted to add my timeline here so as to add a datapoint :D

Visa Type: Tier 4 General to Tier 2 General, Super Priority, no dependents
Date of Online Application: 18 Jan 14PM
Date of Biometrics: 28 Jan 9AM at London Croydon – around 10AM after biometric taken + passport pages scanned. I think the UKVCAS service was good.
Date of Email Decision: 06 Feb 12PM
(Gosh! 7 Working Days after biometrics! This came right after my MP's email reply and my 1st-class "large letter" arrival at UKVI, The Capital Building, New Hall Place, Liverpool, L3 9PP)
Date of Decision Letter: 08 Feb 10AM (showing decision made on 06 Feb)
Date of BRP Delivery: 22 Feb 3PM with my 1st NINO number (my ID wasn't checked by DX...)

On 12 Feb I asked the status of my BRP to 'BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk', surprisingly they replied me on 15 Feb that there was a delay on BRP production because they were waiting for the Department of Works & Pensions to confirm National Insurance number (quite an interesting ‘newly aligned’ system ha…). I also wrote a complaint to 'complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk' for the delay of visa decision, but no replies or refund received yet. I may write a letter and post to the complaints team in early March.

I think that both contacting local MP and posting something to "UKVI in Liverpool" might work better than calling or emailing to UKVI. Good luck to everyone!
I'm experiencing the same BRP production delay because they need to wait for DWP's confirmation on NINO. No idea why it would take so long to do the verification. Thanks for your timeline on this. Looks like you got it within 15 working days from decision date. I'm on working day #7 right now, hope to see the card soon.

Ali0383
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Ali0383 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:38 pm

Hello Members

My solicitor received this email what does that means ,

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been decided. You will receive your decision letter in due course. Thank you for using our super priority service.
Has anyone else received such email is it rejected or approved ? My brp is valid till next year

Nickt61
Newly Registered

Post by Nickt61 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:36 pm

UKVCAS appointment- 28/05/19
ILR application approved/ILR granted -29/05/19
Decision Letter received- 31/05/19
BCP delivered via courier-31/05/19

Overall we were so pleased with Sopra Steria Services. We loved the new functionality to load all the documents online. Very effective & efficient way to take this old fashioned process to digital era. We used super priority service. Only took less than an hour at the appointment to do biometrics & check documents. Decision via email communicated less than 24 hrs from appointment. My spouse apply on the basis of married to a British Citizen.

Things may have improved since new service stated. We have never had any issues before either, always used priority service. It helps the caseworker if you are organised & provide them exactly what is asked as documents & evidence.

tarun_shreeji

Post by tarun_shreeji » Fri May 31, 2019 5:57 pm

Set LR
Online Application : 28/05/19
UKVCAS appointment- 29/05/19
BRP delivered - 31/05/19
Nqf level 4 business

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:26 am

Ali0383 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:38 pm
Hello Members

My solicitor received this email what does that means ,

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been decided. You will receive your decision letter in due course. Thank you for using our super priority service.
Has anyone else received such email is it rejected or approved ? My brp is valid till next year
Ali0383, yes. Most application going through solicitors will either come back with more information or a decision. I will suggest you wait and get in touch with your solicitor for updates. HO would usually state refused if your application has been rejected

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:28 am

tarun_shreeji wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:57 pm
Set LR
Online Application : 28/05/19
UKVCAS appointment- 29/05/19
BRP delivered - 31/05/19
Nice one Train, it looks like the backlog has been cleared now

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:23 am

darallis wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:55 pm
Hello:

Anyone else experienced this?
------------------------------------------------------
April 24: I submitted my FLR (M) application and paid for Super Priority service due to an urgent need for the prompt processing of my application..
- April 30: I attended my biometrics appointment at the Croydon office. After completing the fingerprinting and doc upload, I was informed that I was not "properly" checked in so my biometrics would have to be "manually pushed through the system".
- April 30: My solicitor gets an email from H/O case worker asking if I attended my appointment. I respond with the information above.
- May 1-2: I wait to hear about the outcome of my application, but hear nothing.
- May 3: I call 0300 123 2241 to inquire about my application but no one is able to tell me anything valuable. I call 0300 123 1199 several times, but hang up after being on hold for 45minutes. The only number I can actually get any information from is 0900 165 6600 which at £2.50/minutes, and after several holds, cost me over £30. I was told I would be called back. I was not. I email case worker asking if any light can be shed on the status of my application. Nothing
May 4-6: Longest weekend ever.
May 7: Solicitor emails case worker explaining the urgency of my situation. Case worker responds saying she can't do anything because she doesn't have my biometrics and that she contacted Sopra on May 2 and asked them to contact me to redo.

May 7: I contacted Sopra, this time the total calls lasted 20 minutes, so that is another £50 spent on calls, and they told me the following:
1. They can see my biometrics and that it was sent to home office on Friday May 3.
2. They cannot have me redo my biometrics without hearing from home office
3. They have not heard from home office (this was after I told them case worker indicated today that she had reached out last Thursday.
4. I should contact home office to contact them; meanwhile case worker says she contacted them on Thursday and I should expect to hear from them?

May 7: I email case worker again and she says she no longer has access to my files and that once Sopra re-does biometrics, I will get assigned to first available case worker. But Sopra says theyy cant do anything till they hear fro H/O

I feel like a ball being tossed around a playground, and the level of frustration and helplessness I feel cannot be adequately described with words. Meanwhile, i urgently need my BRP! I have contacted MP today. Any other suggestion???
Q. If you paying for a solicitor why can't he/she mediate the process between HO Caseworker and Sopra?

I would request proof of email with dates and other information and whoever HO Case worker contacted. Next I will go to Sopra and get them to call HO to review the Biometrics submissions. Then, if it manages to get through successfully, I will lodge a case to get a Refund for SuperPriotlrity and the call charges. They Sopra will have to pay for it

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:30 am

Justo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 am
Hi all, I applied super priority at Croydon on 30 April. Received email confirmation same say and letter over post on 1 May saying "You application has been approved". https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work showing I have no restrictions to work and can stay in the UK as long as I want.

But I have still not received my BRP. From past experience, when is it suppose to arrive? Can I travel with my old Tier 2 General BRP?

Thank you
I would suggest you DON'T travel on your old BRP as it is invalid. You would cause yourself stress and huge immigration issues with the old BRP. Search the forum for BRP email address. Email them and wait for feedback. With HO and their activities, patience is key

sazonsezan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sazonsezan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:06 am

Dear People,

I applied for FLR (AF), under this application the visa normally issue for 30 month's but in my case I obtained Six Month's Visa Only.

anybody have any ideas why this thing happen? and why the case worker issued Six Month's visa rather than 30 Month's?

It will be very helpful for me if anybody provide any ideas?

Thank you.

sazonsezan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sazonsezan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:13 am

sazonsezan wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:06 am
Dear People,

I applied for FLR (AF), under this application the visa normally issue for 30 month's but in my case I obtained Six Month's Visa Only.

anybody have any ideas why this thing happen? and why the case worker issued Six Month's visa rather than 30 Month's?

I have received the BRP card but I did not receive case worker Decision Letter yet.

It will be very helpful for me if anybody provide any ideas?

Thank you.