ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa related questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PBS_Dependent
Newly Registered

UK Visitor Visa related questions

Post by PBS_Dependent » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi,

I'm sponsoring my parents' UK trip (they are in the process of applying for a Visiting Visa right now..), so writing in the invitation letter that I'm going to accommodate them at my rented flat for the entire duration of the trip (Father is going to stay for about 4 weeks and Mother about 5 months and 15 days).

Can some one answer the following two questions please,

1. I'm planning to send a copy of my tenancy agreement along in support of their application.. Should I take a no objection certificate aswell from the Landlord to prove the fact that Landlord has no objection or whatsoever for accommodating the would be visitors?

2. While sending all the supporting documents (from my end for sponsoring the trip) to my Parents, can I send scanned copies to their email sothat they can take printouts and use them or I should only send documents through post/courier to make sure they receive proper photocopies of the documents (like Passport) and and also some originals (like bank statements) where possible?

I really appreciate if some one can help.

PBS_Dependent

srsw

Re: UK Visitor Visa related questions

Post by srsw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:49 pm

1. Yes, better to take no objection letter from the landlord as tenancy agreements generally have clause on the lines of "The tenant shall not assign, sublet, part with or share possession or occupation of the property or any part of the property".

2. Good quality photocopies should be fine. I've sent photocopies / soft copies when my parents applied for visiting visa sometime back.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

PBS_Dependent
Newly Registered

Post by PBS_Dependent » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 am

srsw wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:49 pm
1. Yes, better to take no objection letter from the landlord as tenancy agreements generally have clause on the lines of "The tenant shall not assign, sublet, part with or share possession or occupation of the property or any part of the property".

2. Good quality photocopies should be fine. I've sent photocopies / soft copies when my parents applied for visiting visa sometime back.
Hi srsw,

thanks very much for your reply. You wrote that you have ''sent photocopies / soft copies'', can you please be more specific if you don't mind, did you physically send paper copies through courier or just email soft copies?

Do you think not providing NOC from Landlord is a deciding factor in the outcome of the application result?( I came to know about it only today and I'm not sure I can get it before my Parents' appointment date)

thanks again for helping me out and awaiting your reply for the above.

PBS_Dependent

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:34 am

PBS_Dependent wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 am
Do you think not providing NOC from Landlord is a deciding factor in the outcome of the application result?( I came to know about it only today and I'm not sure I can get it before my Parents' appointment date)

PBS_Dependent
I think in case of rented property it definitely be needed for all purpose of visas.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:48 am

Hi srsw,

thanks very much for your reply. You wrote that you have ''sent photocopies / soft copies'', can you please be more specific if you don't mind, did you physically send paper copies through courier or just email soft copies?

PBS_Dependent
I sent soft copies and my parents printed those and submitted those. Sorry for the confusion.

I think it's better to get noc from landlord as your parents are planning to stay for a few months. Try to get no objection confirmation over email at least and send that to your parents.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

PBS_Dependent
Newly Registered

Post by PBS_Dependent » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:34 am
PBS_Dependent wrote:

PBS_Dependent
I think in case of rented property it definitely be needed for all purpose of visas.
Hi seagul, thanks very much for your reply. Fortunately I've managed to get one this very morning and will advice my parents to include it in their supporting documents where appropriate. thanks again.

PBS_Dependent
Newly Registered

Post by PBS_Dependent » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:09 pm

srsw wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:48 am

Hi srsw,

PBS_Dependent
I sent soft copies and my parents printed those and submitted those. Sorry for the confusion.

I think it's better to get noc from landlord as your parents are planning to stay for a few months. Try to get no objection confirmation over email at least and send that to your parents.
Hi srsw, thanks very much again for your reply. As mentioned above I've managed to get an NOC this morning and I hope that it will suffice that requirement. thanks for clarification about soft copies aswell.

Let me ask you just two more questions if that's okay..

1. could it be okay for my parents to travel on two different dates for arriving in the UK, I mean My mom is coming next month (with me) and my dad is coming some time in the month of MAY, but they both leave on the same date sometime in July (or August) though? (Please note that my mom is a housewife and completely dependent on my dad even though I'm sponsoring most of their trip expenses)

2. I know that staying 5+ months on visiting visa is a bit of a stretch but does it in any way effect the outcome of the application if the documentation was right? (Please note that this is the first time they are applying for a UK visa and they are never been to any other foreign country before though they have 10 years US tourist visa stamped on their passports)

thanks again for your help and awaiting your reply for the above.

PBS_Dependent

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:28 pm

1. Yes, that shouldn't be a problem. In fact your dad coming late and returning back with your mom on same day is better to an extent than both staying for 5 months (I'm guessing from HO perspective). I'm assuming your dad is still working or retired but has other commitments, etc. so you may want to explain this in your sponsorship/cover letter. Also, this could show strong ties back home.

Did they book return tickets? Booking return ticket will avoid unnecessary doubts on the length of stay.

2. What's the reason for their visit, if I may ask? You need to clearly explain what they intend to do (especially your mom) during their visit.

PBS_Dependent
Newly Registered

Post by PBS_Dependent » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:41 pm

srsw wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:28 pm
1. Yes, that shouldn't be a problem. In fact your dad coming late and returning back with your mom on same day is better to an extent than both staying for 5 months (I'm guessing from HO perspective). I'm assuming your dad is still working or retired but has other commitments, etc. so you may want to explain this in your sponsorship/cover letter. Also, this could show strong ties back home.

Did they book return tickets? Booking return ticket will avoid unnecessary doubts on the length of stay.

2. What's the reason for their visit, if I may ask? You need to clearly explain what they intend to do (especially your mom) during their visit.
Hi again,

thanks very much for your quick reply.

1. What you guessed is right, my dad is working full time and his holidays are scheduled between May and August hence coming late.
2. I have less than a year old son and being the only grandchild of my parents they want to spend some quality time with him. This is the main reason why they are visiting the UK. I'm going to explain this in my Invitation letter as well as in their covering letter but I'm not sure if I have to provide any supporting evidence towards this? (even If I should, not sure what could it be other than my son's Passport copy and birth certificate!)

any ideas please..

PBS_Dependent

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Yep, copies of your son's passport and birth certificate should be fine. Good luck.

PBS_Dependent
Newly Registered

Post by PBS_Dependent » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:58 pm

srsw wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:50 pm
Yep, copies of your son's passport and birth certificate should be fine. Good luck.
Thanks once again for all your replies srsw. you saved my day. Take care.

adi21
Bangladesh

Post by adi21 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:01 pm

PBS_Dependent wrote:
srsw wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:49 pm

Hi srsw,

PBS_Dependent
Hi, does the copy need to be colorful copy or black n white be fine ?