ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP :/ Refused Parent of a UK Child Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jordan30296
Newly Registered
United States of America

PLEASE HELP :/ Refused Parent of a UK Child Visa

Post by Jordan30296 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Hey guys,

After 3 months of waiting, I have been refused. Should I appeal or Reapply? There are a few reasons why I was refused. It seems like the Entry Clearance Officer who was in charge of my application definitely did not want me approved. The refusal letter makes it seem like I haven't provided any documents which I did.

The ECO thinks I'm still in a relationship with my child's mother which is not true. I speak to her every day but only when my child is next to her or if it's about our child. How do I even prove that I'm not in a relationship with her? The ECO brought up my past UK criminal history and immigration history.

Now let's say if I do reapply and provide every document that will get me approved. Then I don't want to get refused because of that one thing which is my UK history in the past. I want to see my child! I am not the same person from before. I am a changed person.

Should I Appeal or Reapply? Thank you so much guys for your help :/

Like to refusual letter - link removed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PLEASE HELP :/ Refused Parent of a UK Child Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Jordan30296 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:13 pm
Like to refusual letter - link removed.
Please black out ALL personal details and names (yours and child's) before posting a link to the resudal letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:38 pm

Type up your refusal letter so we can see the wording for the grounds of refusal.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Family Visa to see my 2 day old child. Bad Immigration History!

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:52 pm
Posts merged.
For members to have the full details of the OPs first post in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:55 pm

With them relying on the criminal matters, it will be difficult to see how providing information that you are not in a relationship can help.

You are not required to prove the negative.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Jordan30296
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jordan30296 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:36 pm

REASONS FOR REFUSAL

You made an application for entry clearance to the UK under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules on the basis of your family life with your child. Your application has been considered under those Rules, and with reference to Article 8 of.the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). The relevant Immigration Rules can be viewed on gov.uk here: www.nov.uk/guidance/immigration rules. This decision takes into account as a primary consideration the best interests of any relevant child in line with section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009. We have considered. your application under paragraph E-ECPT.1 1. of Appendix FM. However, you do. not qualify for entry clearance under the 5-year parent route for the following reasons: • • •

Suitability.

Under paragraph EC-PT.1.1(c), your application falls for refusal on grounds of suitability under Section S-EC of Appendix FM. You have provided information from UK police regarding your criminal record. These documents show that you were found or pleaded guilty to two separate counts of shoplifting, property damage less than £5,000, and use of threatening, abusive, or insulting words or behavior with the intention to cause fear or provocation of violence. You were also charged with assaulting a police constable, battery, property damage, making false statements or representations to obtain support, shoplifting, conspiracy with intent to commit burglary though those charges resulted in no further action. As such, I consider you a persistent offender who shows a particular disregard for the law. Your application is refused under paragraph S-EC-2.5(b)(ii) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules

I note that you exercised verbal deception on two occasions when applying for Leave to Enter on arrival in the UK. You also attempted to enter the UK twice visa France but were refused at UK juxtaposted controls in Paris and that you also abused the Common Travel Area to enter the UK via Ireland, once successfully and once unsuccessfully. In consideration of these points, I am satisfied that you have previously contrived in significant ways to frustrate the intentions of the Immigration Rules, and your application is refused under paragraph 320(11) of the Immigration Rules.

Eligibility
Under paragraph EC-PT.1.1.(d), you do not meet all of the eligibility requirements of Section E-ECPT of Appendix FM for the following reasons:

Eligibility Relationship Requirement
You do not meet the eligibility relationship requirement of paragraphs E-ECPT.2.1. to 2.4. You state that your relationship with your daughter's mother ended on 05/04/2018. I note that just days before this, you registered yourself on the birth certificate. You also intend to live in the UK with the father, sister, and niece of your mother's child. I am not satisfied that you are not the partner of the child's mother. Your application is refused under paragraph E-ECPT.2.3(b)(ii).

You state that you are taking and intend to continue to take an active role in the child's upbringing. You state that you send the child's mother money regularly, that you have purchased items for the child and speak to her regularly on Facebook. While I acknowledge you have provided wire transfer records showing you send the child's mother money, the Argos receipts for baby products have been billed to your mother and not to you. In addition, you have provided no evidence of other contact between you and the child or between you and the child's mother related to raising the child. You have not provided evidence that you have involvement in and contribute to the child's day-to-day life. I am not satisfied that are taking and intend to continue to take an active role in the child's upbringing. Your application is refused under paragraph E-ECPT.2.4(b)

Eligibility Financial Requirement
You do not meet the eligibility financial requirement of paragraphs E-ECPT.3.1. to 3.2. because I am not satisfied that you have provided evidence that you will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate yourself in the UK without recourse to public funds.
You are exempt from the requirement to meet the income threshold under Appendix FM based on the category under which you have applied. You must instead show that there will be "adequate" maintenance for yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds.
The calculation below sets out your net income after housing costs have been deducted. These figures demonstrate that your net income after accommodation costs have been deducted is less than the level a family of that size would be entitled to under Income Support.
The following formula has been used to calculate the income available to maintain you and any dependants in the UK, taking into account your projected income and your accommodation costs:

You state that you have been self-employed since 01/10/2013 as a freelance full stack web developer/photographer. However, you have not provided the specified evidence, as required under Appendix FM-SE, to demonstrate that this income is received as claimed. Paragraph 8 of Appendix FM-SE requires that in respect of self-employment outside the UK, evidence should be a reasonable equivalent to that set out in paragraph 7. This means you must provide a reasonable US equivalent of the following:
1. Evidence of the amount of tax payable paid and unpaid for the last full financial year. 2. (b) The following documents for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years (where those documents show the necessary level of gross profit as an average of those two years): 1. (i) annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out); and 2. (ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302). 3. (c) Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed if available. 4. (d) Each partner's Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and/or the UTR of the partnership or business. 5. (e) Where the person holds or held a separate business bank account(s), bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s). 6. (f) personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly. 7. (g) Evidence of ongoing self-employment through the provision of at least one of the following: a bank statement dated no more than three months earlier than the date of application showing transactions relating to ongoing trading, or evidence dated no more than three months earlier than the date of application of the renewal of a licence to trade or of ongoing payment of business rates, business-related insurance premiums, employer National Insurance contributions or franchise payments to the parent company. 8. (h) One of the following documents must also be submitted: 1. (1) (aa) If the business is required to produce annual audited accounts, such accounts for the last full financial year; or 2. (bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant's certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants;

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:47 pm

Home Office take crime very seriously, with your track record I am not surprised at all they refused you and will probably continue to refuse you.

Some of the things you have been charged with repeatedly is shocking and I am sure that it is in the publics best interest to keep such an offender out of UK.

Isn't there a way the child and your partner can go and visit you in USA so that you can spend time with the child?

Jordan30296
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jordan30296 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 pm

Most of the crimes were just shoplifting back in 2015. I had No Further Action for most of the crimes. I was only found guilty for two crimes which were Shoplifting in Tescos and Primark but this was 3 years ago. I am not a criminal. I have never been arrested in America. I have never been sent to prison in both countries.

I'm seeing my child in Paris next month. I want to see my child every day or every week and not once a year. Plane fare is expensive :/

I'm not some criminal. There are British Citizens who are true criminals. I just want to be with my child and I don't want to be some deadbeat.

A lot of fathers don't step up and I want to step up and raise my daughter.

The U.K government love tearing families apart. Yeah, I made mistakes in the past but don't we all make mistakes? I never knew that I would have a child in the future.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:03 am

I commend you for trying to step up and being part of the childs life and its a hard situation for you.

But you must remember in the eyes of the Home Office you are a repeated offender who has been convicted of crimes (this does make you a criminal), made false representations, even attacked a police officer.

Your right to private life is heavily outweighed by the best interest of the UK public and especially in respect of keeping a balanced immigration control in place. The Home Office is under no obligation to allow such a person to enter UK and cause so much trouble.

It's not just your crimes, you had repeadtely tried to beat the UK boarder control system. You also fail to meet all other requirements of the visa.

May sound blunt - but the way the Home Office will see it, the child is safe and secure and with the mother who lives with her family, thus this is the best interest of the child. You being someone who has so much history of crime and trying to beat the system will be in the best of public interest to be kept out.

In regards to your example of british people committing crime, there is a difference they are citizen of the country whereas you were a visitor who had no settlement status here at all when you did all these things.

You need proper legal representation in this situation from an attorney - All the best

Jordan30296
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jordan30296 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:08 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:47 pm
Home Office take crime very seriously, with your track record I am not surprised at all they refused you and will probably continue to refuse you.

Some of the things you have been charged with repeatedly is shocking and I am sure that it is in the publics best interest to keep such an offender out of UK.

Isn't there a way the child and your partner can go and visit you in USA so that you can spend time with the child?
Also, my child's mother is not my partner nor girlfriend. We are co-parenting that's all. The public best interest? I'm not some criminal.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:16 am

If someone who has previously attacked a police officer, made false statements, burgled shops, and even threatened intimated or cause fear to others, and the fact has been charged, isn't a criminal... then you are either delusional or in denial.

Home Office looks after all public safety and affairs and one of the ways is with boarder control, and with your reckless record it in definitely in the best of public interest to keep you out.

From Home office's point of view WHY should the home office let such a person in and risk more burglaries, threat, false representation etc.

Jordan30296
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jordan30296 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:57 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:16 am
If someone who has previously attacked a police officer, made false statements, burgled shops, and even threatened intimated or cause fear to others, and the fact has been charged, isn't a criminal... then you are either delusional or in denial.

Home Office looks after all public safety and affairs and one of the ways is with boarder control, and with your reckless record it in definitely in the best of public interest to keep you out.

From Home office's point of view WHY should the home office let such a person in and risk more burglaries, threat, false representation etc.
I appreciate you replying to my thread but please don't be quick to judge. I never attacked or verbally attacked a police officer. I do not remember doing something like this while I was in the U.K hence me getting NFA. I am going to get most of these things off my record. When they say burglary it was not me breaking into a home or shop. I was caught on CCTV inside an empty construction building. You don't know the full story and Immigration doesn't as well. But the police do so they gave me NFA for that as well because of no actual evidence or any reason that I was in that empty construction to commit a crime. I was dumb enough to follow some drunk person :| Trust me my criminal record isn't as bad as it looks. I only got found guilty for two crimes. There is no evidence for most of my other crimes. I can admit to the shoplifting and criminal damage but that's about it. People make mistakes. You can't judge me. Put yourself in my shoes. I bet you made mistakes in the past. You don't know me. I'm the one who is going through it right now. I'm the one who can't see my child. NOT YOU. So please smile and be happy that you are not in my situation instead of bringing me down because you definitely do not know me. I will fight this battle. You will definitely see. I am getting a solicitor.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:32 am

I am not judging you I am saying in view of the Home Office. I have already advised you a way forward and that is find a good attorney who can deal with your case as you will need it.

I understand you have a kid and of course kid needs a father in their life and you have a right to be near your kid too. But you have to realise that your past dealings in UK is a very serious matter for Home Office who do not take these sort of things lightly. As I already said it's not just the convictions but the way you dealt with Boarding Control; it doesn't at all put you in their good books.

We all make mistakes, and learn from it. I hope you are able to resolve this with legal representation and find a way forward to be close to your child.

I will leave it to others to further provide you with guidance - all the best and I hope you can resolve this

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 am

Jordan30296 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:57 am
Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:16 am

I appreciate you replying to my thread but please don't be quick to judge. I never attacked or verbally attacked a police officer. I do not remember doing something like this while I was in the U.K hence me getting NFA. I am going to get most of these things off my record. When they say burglary it was not me breaking into a home or shop. I was caught on CCTV inside an empty construction building. You don't know the full story and Immigration doesn't as well. But the police do so they gave me NFA for that as well because of no actual evidence or any reason that I was in that empty construction to commit a crime. I was dumb enough to follow some drunk person :| Trust me my criminal record isn't as bad as it looks. I only got found guilty for two crimes. There is no evidence for most of my other crimes. I can admit to the shoplifting and criminal damage but that's about it. People make mistakes. You can't judge me. Put yourself in my shoes. I bet you made mistakes in the past. You don't know me. I'm the one who is going through it right now. I'm the one who can't see my child. NOT YOU. So please smile and be happy that you are not in my situation instead of bringing me down because you definitely do not know me. I will fight this battle. You will definitely see. I am getting a solicitor.
Sometimes, perception is everything. It gets worse when there are documents to support this perception. Details that you are providing here are not things the HO is privy to. Londoner is probably just getting you to see how the HO perceives you so that you can understand the full picture of your situation.

Criminals do not usually admit to being criminals anyway, so chanting "I'm not some criminal" will not change HO's perception of you. You have to be unemotional about how you set about changing HO's perception of you because right now their opinion of you affects you directly.

Have you gotten a solicitor? How is it all going? I wish you all the best!

Jordan30296
Newly Registered
United States of America

Will my second application get refused because of (320)11. How do I convince the ECO that I am a Changed Person?

Post by Jordan30296 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I will be sending off my visa application next week in June. I am certain I will meet every requirement but I am not too sure about the Suitability Requirement since I was refused my last visa application due to suitability, relationship, and financial requirement.

I will be reapplying for exercising access rights to child visa. I now have a court order and so many documents that I did not have in my first application.

But I am concern that the ECO will refuse me with (320)11 frustrating the intentions of the immigration rules. I have provided my FBI National Criminal History to prove that I have no criminal history in my home country (USA), a letter from my church stating that I am a changed person, good character, etc and a cover letter.
But is that enough to convince the ECO that I am no longer that person I was when I was visiting the UK in 2015? My child was born in 2018.

I know that 320(11) is a discretional refusal but do I still have a chance of getting approved if I can just convince them that I changed? What else documents should I provide for the Suitability requirement? I really want to avoid an appeal if I do get refused. That will take up to a year and my child is growing every day. I don't want to miss any more days of her life.

Thank you so much.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:11 pm

Did you get more evidence of how you will be involved in your child's day to day upbringing, in the previous rejection they have mentioned lack of clarity on that as one of the reasons. Make sure you include something that shows definitive plans of you upbringing your child along with the mother.