ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application - error in absence table

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kautya

Naturalisation application - error in absence table

Post by kautya » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi guys,

I have applied for my naturalisation (AN) last week and while going through the VAF print out today, realised that I had made a typo in one of the absence date which meant the days absent from UK was 388 instead of 22. Is there a way to get this corrected now that I have submitted the application through council. What is the best way forward or do I have to wait for UKVI to completely process the application? Do they actually use the entry exit dates from their own system or use the ones that applicants fill in the form.

This is stressing me out now so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

sapgeek
Newly Registered
India

Re: Naturalisation application - error in absence table

Post by sapgeek » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:19 pm

I had done the exact mistake and then sent a note mentioning the mistake along with the documentation at council appointment. It worked.

kautya

Post by kautya » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:22 am

Hi sapgeek,

Unfortunately, I have already submitted the application through council and found the error after.

sapgeek
Newly Registered
India

Post by sapgeek » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:07 pm

I'm sure they are going to request you to send your original passport for detailed check of stamps and then approve. It happened in my case as well

kautya

Post by kautya » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Okay. How long did they keep your passport for ? The whole duration of the process ?

sapgeek
Newly Registered
India

Post by sapgeek » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:12 pm

about a week. Based on the dates I've tracked since I sent my passport, case worker approved my application the next day he/she received my passport and sent back the document along with approval letter in 4 days.

Overall I got the approval in 48 days

kautya

Post by kautya » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:47 pm

sapgeek wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:12 pm
about a week. Based on the dates I've tracked since I sent my passport, case worker approved my application the next day he/she received my passport and sent back the document along with approval letter in 4 days.

48 days ... that was quick. I am not expecting a reply back for atleast 3 months. Congratulations.
I have managed to get an address that they said I could send a covering letter to, explaining the situation and the caseworkers will take that into consideration. Will be sending that in the next couple of days. Hopefully should not cause any issues. Thanks for your advice :).

sapgeek
Newly Registered
India

Post by sapgeek » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:38 pm

kautya wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:47 pm
sapgeek wrote:

48 days ... that was quick. I am not expecting a reply back for atleast 3 months. Congratulations.
I have managed to get an address that they said I could send a covering letter to, explaining the situation and the caseworkers will take that into consideration. Will be sending that in the next couple of days. Hopefully should not cause any issues. Thanks for your advice :).
Best of luck for your application :)

kautya

Post by kautya » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:29 pm

sapgeek wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:38 pm
kautya wrote:
sapgeek wrote:

Thanks. I have actually had my application approved end of december and got the letter early Jan after 2 weeks in post. They didnt ask me for any further documents. Have booked the oath ceremony in a months time. Thanks for your help.

saffagirlbee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by saffagirlbee » Thu May 30, 2019 4:19 pm

kautya wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:29 pm
sapgeek wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:38 pm
kautya wrote:
sapgeek wrote:

Thanks. I have actually had my application approved end of december and got the letter early Jan after 2 weeks in post. They didnt ask me for any further documents. Have booked the oath ceremony in a months time. Thanks for your help.
Hey kautya - Congratulations on your approval. I stumbled across this as I have made the same mistake on the online application so I was wondering did you end up sending a cover letter explaining the situation after all or did you just wait on the Home Office until you got your approval without sending any note? Thank you!!