ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wifeofaking
Kenya

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Wifeofaking » Sat May 11, 2019 9:42 pm

Faro123 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:15 pm
I applied on 8 Jan for fp but still waiting I got a not straight forward mail after that nothing else did anybody else got this not straightforward mail ? I don’t why they r taking so much time what do they mean by not straightforward I submitted all the docs which were required can someone plz explain this not straightforward mail it’s really driving me 😠

Hi there faro, why do you think they sent you a non straight forward email please? As for me I got the not straightforward mail and I think is bcos I was in the UK b4 for so many years and while I was there, I made few applications and all was refused. And ofcos then I left UK with my husband his British then we came to Ireland, but now my husband company is transferring him to UK.

So could you please think of any reason they'll send you not straightforward mail.

Cheers

Wifeofaking
Kenya

Post by Wifeofaking » Sat May 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Hello sir faro123

Can you please reply regarding your EEA family permit. What happened as you didn't update after that.

I applied on 12th March 2019
Biometrics: 12th March
Relieved by Sheffield email: 17th March 2019
Not straight forward email: 23rd March 2019

I am also concerned as nobody else is getting straight forward emails.

Can you update what happened to your application.
[/quote]

Hi there @Yasser, hope you are okay.
Any update yet on your application?
Since you receive the not straightforward mail, which I receive too.
Applied+Biometric 4th March 2019
General mail from Sheffield on 17th March 2019
Not Straight Forward Application mail 21st March 2019

And am still waiting.

I would appreciate your reply.

Cheers

Adey

Post by Adey » Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 am

@ wifeofaking
Have you received your visa/permit now?
[/quote]

Hi there faro, why do you think they sent you a non straight forward email please? As for me I got the not straightforward mail and I think is bcos I was in the UK b4 for so many years and while I was there, I made few applications and all was refused. And ofcos then I left UK with my husband his British then we came to Ireland, but now my husband company is transferring him to UK.

So could you please think of any reason they'll send you not straightforward mail.

Cheers
[/quote]

Wifeofaking
Kenya

Post by Wifeofaking » Sun May 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Adey wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 am
@ wifeofaking
Have you received your visa/permit now?

Cheers
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hi there @adey

No I haven't receive any thing yet at all from the.

why do you think they sent you a non straight forward email please? As for me I got the not straightforward mail and I think is bcos I was in the UK b4 for so many years and while I was there, I made few applications and all was refused. And ofcos then I left UK with my husband his British then we came to Ireland, but now my husband company is transferring him to UK.

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Sun May 12, 2019 3:54 pm

jmedina wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:34 pm
I saw that point on the application form, it makes no sense. But you have no option but to tick it out otherwise your application will not be considered. I would point it out on the comments at the end.
Thank you for replying . I got that now. Also could you please solve my one query as well . As I am preparing all the documents. And I am submitting proof of address as well , to prove that me and my husband are living together in the same house . So one will be bank statements and one will be utility bill . And it’s in French . So I am concussed about this . Does it have to be translated in English as well ? I am going to translate our marriage certificate soon , which is mandatory I know . But about those proof of address , I am not sure . So please could kindly inform me please . Thank you very much. I really appreciate your effort .

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Sun May 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Not bank statements, as they are mainly numbers.
But any other lengthy document should be translated by a public translator. In theory, all documents should be translated, but I don't think anyone translates bank statements, utility bills or pay slips.

Regards,
Joaquín

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by cookiemonster19 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm

jmedina wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:34 pm
I saw that point on the application form, it makes no sense. But you have no option but to tick it out otherwise your application will not be considered. I would point it out on the comments at the end.
Hi! I got the same problem. I ticked all the boxes on online app to move it forward. However, I did not tick it on checklist as I was not sure if I should do it when I did not actually provide the required doc. Do you think it would be a problem?

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Sun May 19, 2019 12:51 pm

Hello there , I did ticked on all the required document as well to move forward my application. I submitted my application yesterday . And took my appointment on this Tuesday . I am very nervous . And I have downloaded the required document check list as well . In where I am thinking to not to tick in the document where it’s says from British citizen .And I am worried about my old passport . It’s has said that if you had uk visa before on your old passport . As I was in uk in 2011 for my study . And now I don’t have that passport anymore . I don’t know what to do . Please anyone could suggest me what to do that would be great . Thank you

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Sun May 19, 2019 2:03 pm

Just mention it at the end of your application, in the "Add notes" part. Nothing to be panicked about.

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by cookiemonster19 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:24 am

1990phusang wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:51 pm
Hello there , I did ticked on all the required document as well to move forward my application. I submitted my application yesterday . And took my appointment on this Tuesday . I am very nervous . And I have downloaded the required document check list as well . In where I am thinking to not to tick in the document where it’s says from British citizen .And I am worried about my old passport . It’s has said that if you had uk visa before on your old passport . As I was in uk in 2011 for my study . And now I don’t have that passport anymore . I don’t know what to do . Please anyone could suggest me what to do that would be great . Thank you
Hi 1990phusang! I did not include my old passports, both of them had UK visa one was tier 4 and one was visitor visa. However, I did include copy of my BRP when I was a student there. Asked the officer at VFS and if you wish you can submit copy of old passport(s), physical old passport(s) are not necessary.

I haven't heard anything from Sheffield or VFS so I hope no copy of old passport(s) won't be a problem. Finger crossed!

And good luck for your app :D

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Fri May 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Thanks CookieMondter . I appreciate your concern . I have applied already so my timeline is like this submit the online form : 18th May and biometric given on 21st May and email received on 22nd May stating that my online application has been received to them and preparing for consideration by an entry clearance office uk . It’s been just 4 days but I am having my anxiety already . And today’s morning news give me panic attack regarding PM resignation. Now the politics and brexit in uk is going to be very chaotic and nobody know what’s going to happen . I just hope it won’t effect on our application . God luck to everyone . Hope we will make it .

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by cookiemonster19 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:44 pm

1990phusang wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:03 pm
Thanks CookieMondter . I appreciate your concern . I have applied already so my timeline is like this submit the online form : 18th May and biometric given on 21st May and email received on 22nd May stating that my online application has been received to them and preparing for consideration by an entry clearance office uk . It’s been just 4 days but I am having my anxiety already . And today’s morning news give me panic attack regarding PM resignation. Now the politics and brexit in uk is going to be very chaotic and nobody know what’s going to happen . I just hope it won’t effect on our application . God luck to everyone . Hope we will make it .
True, this is concerning. However, I hope it won't affect the ongoing process of our applications.

As for me timeline goes like this:
Online application: 7 May 2019
Biometric: 15 May 2019
Receipt acknowledgement and prepared for ECO consideration: 16 May 2019

howtobeksenia
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by howtobeksenia » Tue May 28, 2019 6:30 am

Hi all! I am new here :) Decided to share my experience as well.

Application submitted: 11.05
Biometric: 13.05
Email received stating that my application was received my Decision Making Centre: 14.05
Call to the UKVI to clarify the status of my application: 27.05 - they said that decision was made.

Applied in Minsk, Belarus.

Now I am waiting for my passport... So stressed :(

Wifeofaking
Kenya

Post by Wifeofaking » Thu May 30, 2019 6:16 am

Adey wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:47 pm
@Faro, I can only imagine what you have been going through, have you tried getting in touch with them, my mind been pounding since I got the mail lol. all will be well
@adey

Hi I got a response, it was refused. My hubby's employee and self-employment was not clear to them that was there only reason for refusing.

Wifeofaking
Kenya

Post by Wifeofaking » Thu May 30, 2019 6:19 am

Faro786 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:29 am
@ wifeofaking no I didn’t receive anything yet waiting since January and got a not straightforward email, I’m emailing them since February and all they say is ur application is awaiting a decision, it’s useless to email them the eco doesn’t give a response, But u can email them if u need ur passport urgently or if u have other issues just tell them that u can’t wait for a long time. But let me tell U what their response will be, ur application is being considered and awaiting a decision and if u want to escalate then u I’ll have to wait 15 working days to get a response from the relevant department which they will not respond, that’s what happened to me Lol
@faro786

Hi I got a response, it was refused. My hubby's employee and self-employment was not clear to them that was there only reason for refusing.

Adey

Post by Adey » Thu May 30, 2019 7:14 am

@ wifeofaking
That is sad to hear, do you have a right to appeal.

[ quote=Wifeofaking post_id=1786438 time=1559196989
@adey

[/quote]

Kanuppal
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Kanuppal » Thu May 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi All,

I have a question to ask. I am candian citizen and my wife is an German citizen and we have been married and staying here in Canada for last 3 years. We are planning to move to U.K. and I want to apply for eea family permit!

1) Does my wife needs to stay in U.K. to show that she is using exercising her treaty right ?
2) Can I apply for family permit while we both are here and go together when its approved?
3) Say we get the family permit after expiry of the permit do we need to apply for pre settled scheme or residence card?

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Thu May 30, 2019 8:41 pm

Kanuppal wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:52 pm
Hi All,

I have a question to ask. I am candian citizen and my wife is an German citizen and we have been married and staying here in Canada for last 3 years. We are planning to move to U.K. and I want to apply for eea family permit!

1) Does my wife needs to stay in U.K. to show that she is using exercising her treaty right ?
2) Can I apply for family permit while we both are here and go together when its approved?
3) Say we get the family permit after expiry of the permit do we need to apply for pre settled scheme or residence card?
1) Yes, she has an initial right of residence of 3 months from the moment she arrives before exercising treaty rights as a worker/student/self-sufficient.
2) Yes, that's the whole point of the family permit, you accompany her when moving to the UK.
3) Not mandatory, but you better apply to it as soon as possible, not after expiration date of the Family Permit. Just make sure you do it before Dec 31st 2020. If you plan to work, employers would expect you o produce a residence card or settlement scheme card. The family permit is valid, but employers are reluctant to it as it does not give the statutory excuse in case you are illegally working (for example if you split and your wife leaves the UK on her own).

Kanuppal
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Kanuppal » Thu May 30, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks @jmedina
I was getting confused whether the eea partner needs to be excersing treaty right before non eea partner can apply for family permit. So in nutshell , both eea and non eea partner can go together with the eea partner ,and after 3months of stay in UK the eea partner must be excersing the treaty right , is that correct?!
Thanks once again !!

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Fri May 31, 2019 3:19 am

That's correct. Remember that if you are the one working and generating the income for the household, that would be perfectly fine, she would be a self-sufficient qualified person. Just make sure you guys have a joint bank account where she has access to the funds... And also have private comprehensive medical insurance for all family members.

Regards,
Joaquín

Faro786
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Faro786 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm

No I haven’t got a decision yet sorry to hear about ur case I hope I get mine soon I’m praying day and night

Mostar27
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by Mostar27 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi everyone
Please forgive me if my English is not so great,I haven't use it since highschool and that was long time ago :)
O.k,so I found this forum today and my head is going to explode now because there is so many people refused and I thought its gonna be easy with my family permit.I don't see many information about EEA settlement scheme family permit simce it is a kinda new visa because of brexit as I understend.I really hope that someome here can help me just to calmed me down.
Ok,my husband is in UK for 8 month now,he is EU Croatia nationality,my kids are also EU and I am in process of getting Croatian citizenship.We are married for 14 years and have two kids.
I apply for EEU settlement scheme family permit and provide a document they ask me and they only asked for marrieg cetifikate and my ID and my passport.....Just in case I take a copy of my husband passport and he send me a copy of his payslipe.He's having pre-settlement status and I send a copy that he is gett by Email.So I thougt that is more than they ask me.I went to TLS on May 15,Sarajevo,Bosnia and Herzegovima,and provide all documents and biometrics and they told me ok,that is it,now you will wait about 15 working days.And yesterday I recevied this mail:
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Panic! And I dont understend what is happening?!Why?!
So please I'm asking you if anyone can explaine me anything?I will be grateful.
Thank you for any answer.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Fri May 31, 2019 5:39 pm

@Mostar27 Hi,
It usually means that they are too busy. This is their generic response.
The main thing is to prove to the Home Office that you are legally married and that your spouse is residing in the UK and working (they don't like job seekers). If you have enough proof you are ok.

Don't panic, give it 3 weeks or so.

Mostar27
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by Mostar27 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:41 pm

NatCam wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:39 pm
@Mostar27 Hi,
It usually means that they are too busy. This is their generic response.
The main thing is to prove to the Home Office that you are legally married and that your spouse is residing in the UK and working (they don't like job seekers). If you have enough proof you are ok.

Don't panic, give it 3 weeks or so.
Thank you,honestly,thank you so much,I needed that to calm down,even my husband also told me not to panic,everything will be ok,but that is his job,thats way I love him :)
Thank you so much. :)

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by cookiemonster19 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm

howtobeksenia wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:30 am
Hi all! I am new here :) Decided to share my experience as well.

Application submitted: 11.05
Biometric: 13.05
Email received stating that my application was received my Decision Making Centre: 14.05
Call to the UKVI to clarify the status of my application: 27.05 - they said that decision was made.

Applied in Minsk, Belarus.

Now I am waiting for my passport... So stressed :(
Hey you there...how is it? Have you received your passport already? I tried to call them on 29th and they said it was still under consideration. I applied 2 days after you so I thought I would just check how was the progress. And now I am in a panic mode, hoping that everything is gonna be fine with no delay whatsoever.
Keep us posted!