ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS Services Questions

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

WorldI
Newly Registered

VFS Services Questions

Post by WorldI » Fri May 31, 2019 1:25 pm

Hello all,

I will soon be submitting a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) stage 2 application. I cannot switch to it from my current visa (Tier 4). Therefore I must travel to my home country in order to submit biometrics and paperwork.

1) According to the Gov.UK website, applications from Latin America are now processed digitally. I'll be using the Priority service (decisions within 5 days). Do you think the likelihood of the decision taking longer than that is low? I believe my application is unlikely to be complex.

2) How long does VFS take to return your passport once the Entry Clearance Officer has made a decision? Is the passport returned to the person directly or to VFS? I do not live in the same city as VFS, so the passport will need to be sent via courier to my home address.

3) VFS provides a "Keep your passport while applying" service. Does the passport need to be submitted prior to have the vignette pasted onto it? Could the vignette possibly be sent to the person's home address? The reason I ask is because I will be in home for about 9 working days. This should allow sufficient time for decision (5 days) plus passport return via courier. In the case decision is delayed, my family could get the vignette and send it by post to me in the UK. I'd then paste it myself onto my passport and reenter the country (possibly a cheap coach travel London > Paris).

4) Can I reenter the UK while my application is being processed as described in (3)?

5) The visa application confirmation states 'Standard service'. I was not offered the option to pay for 'Priority' when finalising application on the Gov.UK website. However, the Priority service is indeed offered by VFS. Do they have any Priority sticker to be pasted on top of the 'Standard'? I fear the application may be taken as 'standard' regardless of paying the priority fee.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: VFS Services Questions

Post by CR001 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:37 pm

1. No one can say for certain how long a decision will take.

2. Depends how long they wait to get it back form the embassy. Passport is returned to the VFS centre or whatever service you opt for.

3. Yes you have to submit the passport for visa stamping. No the visa will not be sent to your 'home address' as it needs the seal impressed on it once pasted in your passport. Your 'plan' won't work re family posting it even if it was possible.

4. On what visa??

5. Don't know.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WorldI
Newly Registered

Post by WorldI » Fri May 31, 2019 4:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:37 pm
4. On what visa??
On my current visa (Tier 4). There's still some time left on it. It should allow time for the passport to be sent back and forth from UK-home.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:31 pm

Your passport has to be submitted in your home cou try for visa stamping.

If you are no longer a student, you could be refused entry to the UK if trying to use it as a visit visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WorldI
Newly Registered

Post by WorldI » Fri May 31, 2019 5:08 pm

I haven't concluded my course yet. I would use VFS's 'Keep passport while applying service'. Btw VFS confirmed that I could enter the country while the application is being processed, however this could be seen as 'bad faith'. In the UKVI form, I'm asked to provide both current passport plus previous passports containing a UK visa. They do not ask for BRPs. Hence my Tier 4 BRP, despite the little validity remaining, would still be valid.