ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP PLEASE! No absence letter from previous employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

okigen68
Vietnam

HELP PLEASE! No absence letter from previous employer

Post by okigen68 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi guys,

I changed Tier 2 sponsors half a year ago and made a stupid mistake of not requesting the absence letter from my previous employer. I'm now really panicked. I am trying to contact them to get the letter, but understandably they are now on holiday, so I'm not sure about the outcome of this.

I read a paragraph somewhere that case workers can choose to ignore this requirement if the absence period per a 12 month period is less than 30 working days - which gives me some hope because it will my case. Does anyone have experience in successfully applying without the absence letter from previous employers?

On another note, I also didn't request the P60 :( I only have the last year's P60 before resigning. Although I guess I can get it from HMRC as instructed in the sticky topic.

I'm so panicked and disheartened so any help will be greatly appreciated. :cry:

zimba
Mood:

Re: HELP PLEASE! No absence letter from previous employer

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:02 am

If it is less than 30 days per residence year, the letter can be omitted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

okigen68
Vietnam

Post by okigen68 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:24 pm

@Zimba: thank you. I will request the SAR from the Home Office just in case but hopefully this will be ok.

okigen68
Vietnam

Post by okigen68 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi, just wanted to update the outcome. My previous employer ended up sending me copies of my "holiday statements" and timesheets, which listed all my annual leave. My colleague was in the same boat and did not even submit any letter or evidence from his previous employer to confirm he worked there. Both of us were fine. I didn't submit P60 either. I guess it depends on each case and ours are more simple given our employers are very good sponsors.