ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Peg_uk
Newly Registered

MN1 application questions

Post by Peg_uk » Wed May 29, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi there,

My husband and I got our ILR yesterday.
We have a 5 month-old baby for whom we have not applied for any kind of visa yet.
We are going to apply for British Citizenship for him and from what I understand we have to register him first through form MN1.
I started his online application yesterday but now have a few questions about the process:
1. In the form, it asks for a passport number or national identity number. My answer to both questions is that "he does not have one". However, at the end of the application, in the documents, it still asks for one of two. In reality he does have an Iranian passport but I did not want to complicate the application so I simply put in NO. What do you suggest I should do? Change my answer or just ignore that document?
2. In the form it asks if "the parents are applying for British Citizenship?". We will be applying next year but not now. So, should I say NO to this question?
3. Should the declaration for referees be submitted as the original or a copy would work too? Our referees are in other cities and I have asked them to print, sign, and scan the form. If not OK, they have to post it for me which can take time.

Thanks in advance for the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 application questions

Post by CR001 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:21 pm

1. Why do you believe putting the Iranian passport details will 'complicate' the application?? It won't!!

2. Obviously it is NO.

3. Not sure. My understanding is they need to be original.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Peg_uk
Newly Registered

Post by Peg_uk » Wed May 29, 2019 10:39 pm

Thanks for the answer.
Not sure why I feel like the fewer documents, the better. But maybe you are right and I should just submit the Iranian passport.

Peg_uk
Newly Registered

Post by Peg_uk » Thu May 30, 2019 7:45 pm

One of the referees should be a professional that has engaged with the child in a professional capacity.
My baby is only 4 months old and the only such example coming to mind are his health visitors and his GP none of whom I think would agree to give us so much personal information. Ofcourse I will try but was just wondering if there are any other options?

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:42 pm

If you lie on the form and the child is found out later you might render them "Stateless" as their british citizenship could be considered as being obtained fraudulently and without stating the truth on the application form.

Why put incorrect facts be honest and disclose everything on the application form. Put their Nationality as Iranian.

Peg_uk
Newly Registered

Post by Peg_uk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:20 pm

OK, so I filled the online application form on the 1st of June and booked the biometry appointment for June 6th.
However, I received an email on the 2nd (from the home office) that the home office has received the application and it gave me a case ID. So, I got the application-received email before submitting the biometry data and before even uploading the documents to UKVCAS website. Is this normal?
My husband and I applied for ILR a few weeks ago and none of received any email like that either before or after submitting biometry.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:31 pm

it is normal
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice