ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkhan2525

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by mkhan2525 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:23 pm

For anyone who is interested, the 61 page application form was obtained through an FOI request along with instructions and eligibility checks the help line staff have to follow when a request for an application form is made.

The Home Office has withheld guidance on how the paper applications have to be processed once they have been returned citing public interest reasons.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1370799

doury

Post by doury » Fri May 24, 2019 11:55 pm

mkhan2525 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:23 pm
For anyone who is interested, the 61 page application form was obtained through an FOI request along with instructions and eligibility checks the help line staff have to follow when a request for an application form is made.

The Home Office has withheld guidance on how the paper applications have to be processed once they have been returned citing public interest reasons.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1370799

doury

Post by doury » Fri May 24, 2019 11:56 pm

Thanks for the guidance

Surinder
France

Post by Surinder » Sat May 25, 2019 6:10 am

Can I ask to return my ID after applying?

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:19 am

Hi, does anyone have any idea what’s keeping them processing the paper applications for Surinder Singh?? it’s been almost 3 weeks and we have not yet received a certificate of application and no reponse at all. Has anyone had any update??

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Nobody knows nothing then, great.

johnlk

Post by johnlk » Tue May 28, 2019 6:36 am

We called on the 30th March, and had the callback on the same day, so one of the first to apply.
Our forms came through when the first ones were received and we completed them and posted it all back within 2-3 days.
We have heard absolutely zero too.

I know some members here have raised a complaint, and someone even mentioned writing to their MP. Was there any outcome from these?

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Tue May 28, 2019 7:49 am

johnlk wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:36 am
We called on the 30th March, and had the callback on the same day, so one of the first to apply.
Our forms came through when the first ones were received and we completed them and posted it all back within 2-3 days.

I know some members here have raised a complaint, and someone even mentioned writing to their MP. Was there any outcome from these?
Same here, no feedback at all.
My application was received on 1st of May. I called resolution centre couple of times but no feedback. They say they cannot advise how long it will take.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:44 am

ellyell wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:49 am
johnlk wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:36 am

Same here, no feedback at all.
My application was received on 1st of May. I called resolution centre couple of times but no feedback. They say they cannot advise how long it will take.
I have a feeling they are holding back on the applications and waiting to see what’s going to happen with Brexit so they can rule out non EU from the settlement scheme and return to the EEA documentation instead. Just a feeling, something not quite right with this process, no updates nothing.

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:26 pm

This is so unfair to treat people like that

sid7867
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sid7867 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:39 am

Hi, I have also made a paper application 3 weeks ago. It's not been a straight forward journey. first we had to get the application forms and haggle around to have them posted and now no update on application. I made 48 calls to the resolution centre from beginning till posting application. They are totally clueless in there! No idea of what's going on.

I dont think they're waiting for Brexit to rule out Non EU as the change to appendix on 7th of March was made to give the right to derivative and surinder singh applicaticants to benefit from the scheme. The only other change was on on 2nd of may which applied to derivative rights applicants including zombrano, chen, Teixeira Ibrahim cases who can now only apply to the EU settlement scheme after making a application for human rights. If they had to exclude or rule out Non EU they would not had published the forms. I Think the delay is in deciding which case worker will be looking at thsese specific applications and uploading the forms on the computer system. Rest assured they can't Rule Non EU out the scheme as the law already has passed and a copy of it is in the commons library

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Has anyone had a result or heard anything after submitting the paper Surinder Singh applications? We called today and after almost 4 weeks they cannot tell us anything and apparently they do not issue certificates of application, so what the hell is going on?

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:34 am

we should have little patient because too many applications at home office and too many people applying for settled status , out of control of human being hundred thousands of applications we need some patient and little bit relax.

sid7867
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sid7867 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:50 am

mufc69 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:13 pm
Has anyone had a result or heard anything after submitting the paper Surinder Singh applications? We called today and after almost 4 weeks they cannot tell us anything and apparently they do not issue certificates of application, so what the hell is going on?
hi I contacted the home office last week and informed them I will be contacted the mail to publish an article about applicants messed around by EU settlement scheme paper application process.

I then got put through to someone who is a manager.
The only information I was given is that paper applications have now been assigned by case workers however they have no time frame on how long it can take. I was told that the old paper application prior to EU settlement scheme took 6 months however the EU scheme is alot faster.

I didn't believe any of it.

I will be contacting Birmingham mail as that's where I'm from I suggest everyone concerned should as I done see it fair on us applicants being hopeful and wasting our time.

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:23 pm

You need to be in contact with the mainstream influential newspaper editiors like the Guardian, Independent etc...

It may also be worth contacting your MP to see if they can get to the bottom of the reason for the delay.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:36 pm

My friend applied Paper Based application ( Derivative residence ) on 15th and She received COA after 10 days

So don't why Surinder Singh is taking longer. Both are paper based application
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

sid7867
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sid7867 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:49 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:36 pm
My friend applied Paper Based application ( Derivative residence ) on 15th and She received COA after 10 days

Hi I have also made a paper application under derivative right residence.

could you please tell me if your friend received a response through email or post?

Also is you friend a non EU but a family member under derivative rights residence?

johnlk

Post by johnlk » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:46 am

I'll ask again as no-one has posted a reply:
Has anyone made a complaint, and have they received any kind of response yet?

If so, which is the best place to complain: UKVI, a national newspaper or an MP?
I suspect the best results would be to an MP, but mine is a Tory so I suspect little help as he would try to contain yet another embarrassment to his party.

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:47 am

Hello,

My wife and I (Non-EU and British) moved to UK in January 2018 under SS. She has a biometric residency permit and we are now about a year and a half living here.

She is pregnant, so I'd like to make an application this year for the EU settled status as she won't be travelling in those months, so seems a good time to surrender her passport to the HO.

Many people here are talking about their 5+ year scenarios. Is there any difference in the paperwork required where we are under this? I assume we get the same paper application and fill in what needs to be filled in?

Do we need to provide all the paperwork again to prove center of life in another country, as we did for FP and RP?

zyabrovka
Newly Registered

Post by zyabrovka » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:09 pm

alex98uk wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:47 am
Hello,

My wife and I (Non-EU and British) moved to UK in January 2018 under Surinder Singh route. She has a biometric residency permit and we are now about a year and a half living here.

She is pregnant, so I'd like to make an application this year for the EU settled status as she won't be travelling in those months, so seems a good time to surrender her passport to the HO.

Many people here are talking about their 5+ year scenarios. Is there any difference in the paperwork required where we are under this? I assume we get the same paper application and fill in what needs to be filled in?

Do we need to provide all the paperwork again to prove center of life in another country, as we did for FP and RP?
If you look back through this post, you will see that someone has provided a link to a copy of the application form. If you have a valid RC, you only need to fill in certain sections of it. You do not need to provide evidence of COL. But, they can request further evidence if they deem it necessary. Your wife, like mine, should qualify for pre-settled status. In that case, as I understand it, you only need to provide evidence of both your identity. (her passport and a copy of yours). Your marriage certificate and evidence of you both being in the UK for at least 1 day in the last 6 months. And the rest of the relevant sections seems pretty much self explanatory. Oh, and a passport picture of your wife attached in the relevant section. Hope this helps and good luck!

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:14 am

sid7867 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:49 am
askmeplz82 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi I have also made a paper application under derivative right residence.

could you please tell me if your friend received a response through email or post?

Also is you friend a non EU but a family member under derivative rights residence?

By Post and She is from Tunisia ( non EU ) ..
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 am

johnlk wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:46 am
I'll ask again as no-one has posted a reply:
Has anyone made a complaint, and have they received any kind of response yet?

If so, which is the best place to complain: UKVI, a national newspaper or an MP?
I suspect the best results would be to an MP, but mine is a Tory so I suspect little help as he would try to contain yet another embarrassment to his party.
I had sent a complaint (HO complaint email which is on their web site) around mid April regarding not having paper form ready when scheme was fully open. No response at all.

I met my MP 10 days ago, she said she will try her best but so far I could not get any feedback from her. I am sure it takes ages to get any sort of feedback from HO.

I think it would be good idea to try to reach one of the major newspapers at this point. That seems to be only way to get a response from HO. (or to start a change.org campain?/parliament petition and get it heard - any ideas?)

johnlk

Post by johnlk » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 am

ellyell wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 am
I think it would be good idea to try to reach one of the major newspapers at this point. That seems to be only way to get a response from HO. (or to start a change.org campain?/parliament petition and get it heard - any ideas?)
I would agree, bring it to the attention of the masses, and rightfully embarrass all those involved. With the Windrush scandal so fresh in everyone's minds this should make a good story for someone.

I'm not sure which one would be the best to contact though.

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:29 am

Dear all
for the people already submitted the papers application Form for Settled Status (ILR) on SURINDER SINGH ROUTER:
What documents did you sent with the application please give any feed back will be appreciated briefly. like:

passports - proof of living 5 years in the UK - proof of living together - proof of exercise treaty (employment) etc

thanks for help

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:31 am

johnlk wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 am
ellyell wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 am
I would agree, bring it to the attention of the masses, and rightfully embarrass all those involved. With the Windrush scandal so fresh in everyone's minds this should make a good story for someone.

I'm not sure which one would be the best to contact though.
There does seem to be a second class tier on how non EU citizens are treated, what i find very unusual about this process is that they have not sent out certificate of application, there is no excuse after 1 month they have not issued COA along with returning peoples documents . When you phone them no one can give you an answer and there is no updates whatsoever the whole process has been a sham from the very beginning from when non EU citizens had been excluded from the online process. If anyone receives any information about the Surinder Singh paper applications please let us all know.