ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

howtobeksenia
Newly Registered
Belarus

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by howtobeksenia » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:59 pm

cookiemonster19 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm
howtobeksenia wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:30 am
Hi all! I am new here :) Decided to share my experience as well.

Application submitted: 11.05
Biometric: 13.05
Email received stating that my application was received my Decision Making Centre: 14.05
Call to the UKVI to clarify the status of my application: 27.05 - they said that decision was made.

Applied in Minsk, Belarus.

Now I am waiting for my passport... So stressed :(
Hey you there...how is it? Have you received your passport already? I tried to call them on 29th and they said it was still under consideration. I applied 2 days after you so I thought I would just check how was the progress. And now I am in a panic mode, hoping that everything is gonna be fine with no delay whatsoever.
Keep us posted!
Hello :) I received my passport on 30th May with a Family Permit. Even though decision was made on 24th... I really hope you receive your passport back soon! Fingers crossed!

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:40 am

howtobeksenia wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:59 pm
cookiemonster19 wrote:
howtobeksenia wrote:
Hi all! I am new here :) Decided to share my experience as well.

Application submitted: 11.05
Biometric: 13.05
Email received stating that my application was received my Decision Making Centre: 14.05
Call to the UKVI to clarify the status of my application: 27.05 - they said that decision was made.

Applied in Minsk, Belarus.

Now I am waiting for my passport... So stressed :(
Hey you there...how is it? Have you received your passport already? I tried to call them on 29th and they said it was still under consideration. I applied 2 days after you so I thought I would just check how was the progress. And now I am in a panic mode, hoping that everything is gonna be fine with no delay whatsoever.
Keep us posted!
Hello :) I received my passport on 30th May with a Family Permit. Even though decision was made on 24th... I really hope you receive your passport back soon! Fingers crossed!
Congratulations to you 👍🏼 I have applied exactly 1 week after you . So hopefully my will get response soon .

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by cookiemonster19 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:27 am

howtobeksenia wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:59 pm
cookiemonster19 wrote:
howtobeksenia wrote:
That's great! Congrats! Wish me luck, I will try to call them again today

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by cookiemonster19 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am

Timeline update :

Online application: 7 May 2019
Biometric: 15 May 2019
Receipt acknowledgement and prepared for ECO consideration: 16 May 2019
VFS email passport ready for collection: 3 June 2019
Passport collection: 4 June 2019 with EEA FP inside dated on 29 May 2019

(Application from Jakarta, Indonesia)

I am grateful I came across this group so I knew what to prepare and submit. Thanks all for sharing. I wish you all best of luck for your application!

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:18 am

Hi all,

I applied for my EEA FP on 26-03-2019 and still waiting for a decision. I received an acknowledgment e mail but no other email. I did write to UKVI mid may and I was told my case is escalated and I should hear within 15 days. It’s been 15 days since the escalation but I haven’t heard anything. Is this usual?

I had successfully applied for an eea fp and eea2 residence card in 2010 and have had 2 x work visas after that. I don’t understand why is it taking this long. Anything I can do to challenge this long processing time?

Regards

Dhruv

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:07 pm

cookiemonster19 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am
Timeline update :

I am grateful I came across this group so I knew what to prepare and submit. Thanks all for sharing. I wish you all best of luck for your application!
Congratulations cookiemonster👍🏼 I am really happy for you . I hope I will get my response soon as well .

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by cookiemonster19 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:58 pm

1990phusang wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:07 pm
cookiemonster19 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am
Timeline update :

Congratulations cookiemonster👍🏼 I am really happy for you . I hope I will get my response soon as well .

Thanks @1990phusang! I hope you'll get yours soon 🙂

Cervani
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Cervani » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:06 pm

I will share my application process. Without your community it would be impossible for me to understand requirements. I will try to contribute 😊

VFS Manila Philippines
Marriage date 28 March 2019
Biometrics taken 16th May 2019
Application has been forward to UKVI 16th May (email and message)
Application received in Sheffield on 20th May (email and mobile message)
Decision has been made: 06 June 2019 (mobile message)

We are expecting to get a passport tomorrow or Saturday delivered by courier (what a stress !!) :D

Documents:
*Marriage certificate from PSA – we had to wait 3 weeks to get it (Register Office’s Marriage Contract has been issued after 3 days, but we decided to get PSA version)
*Passport, Driving license, UK Registration Certificate – scans
*Job contract, pay slips and bank statement for last 6 months, P60, my mobile phone bill
*Plane reservations print outs – for each time I been there (5 times), plane reservation for trip to Hong Kong where we been together
* 2 or 3 Photos from each trip, photos from birthday party we been to, wedding ceremony photos
* Snips from our messenger conversation – 2017 -2019 – I captured screenshot showing 2 dates for each week (we talk every day so it would be impossible to show it to them)
All of this has been printed by us but when my wife went there, she had to pay for scanning all documents. What I understand they would accept digital version of all of this(?)
They took her passport only and after 3 hours (some lady was scanning all documents ) she got “paper slip” with information that 700 pages has been included in application.

To be very honest I do not expect refusal … We shall see soon….
NERVOUS

Kanuppal
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Kanuppal » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:21 am

Hi guys,

I am applying for eea family permit from canada. I would like to ask do I need to submit original documents or certified photocopy as supporting documents. How do they return the originals?
Could pls share your experience !

Cervani
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Cervani » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:11 am

UPDATE
VISA stamped on 4th June !
Thank You For ur help

Cervani wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:06 pm
I will share my application process. Without your community it would be impossible for me to understand requirements. I will try to contribute 😊

VFS Manila Philippines
Marriage date 28 March 2019
Biometrics taken 16th May 2019
Application has been forward to UKVI 16th May (email and message)
Application received in Sheffield on 20th May (email and mobile message)
Decision has been made: 06 June 2019 (mobile message)

We are expecting to get a passport tomorrow or Saturday delivered by courier (what a stress !!) :D

Documents:
*Marriage certificate from PSA – we had to wait 3 weeks to get it (Register Office’s Marriage Contract has been issued after 3 days, but we decided to get PSA version)
*Passport, Driving license, UK Registration Certificate – scans
*Job contract, pay slips and bank statement for last 6 months, P60, my mobile phone bill
*Plane reservations print outs – for each time I been there (5 times), plane reservation for trip to Hong Kong where we been together
* 2 or 3 Photos from each trip, photos from birthday party we been to, wedding ceremony photos
* Snips from our messenger conversation – 2017 -2019 – I captured screenshot showing 2 dates for each week (we talk every day so it would be impossible to show it to them)
All of this has been printed by us but when my wife went there, she had to pay for scanning all documents. What I understand they would accept digital version of all of this(?)
They took her passport only and after 3 hours (some lady was scanning all documents ) she got “paper slip” with information that 700 pages has been included in application.

To be very honest I do not expect refusal … We shall see soon….
NERVOUS

Selflove09
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Selflove09 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Faro786 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm
No I haven’t got a decision yet sorry to hear about ur case I hope I get mine soon I’m praying day and night
@Faro786

Did you apply for the Eea 6 months? Because I am on the same both now with my brothers application.

Faro786
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Faro786 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:55 pm

SElflove09 ya family Permit is basically for 6 months when did u apply for ur bro ? I’m waiting since January still the status my application is being considered and awaiting a decision, did u try to contact them ? I got not straight forward mail two times after that I didn’t anything from I escalated my case so many times but they do not reply I hope me and ur brother get our visa’s soon let’s hope for the best 😊✌🏻

Selflove09
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Selflove09 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Faro786 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:55 pm
SElflove09 ya family Permit is basically for 6 months when did u apply for ur bro ? I’m waiting since January still the status my application is being considered and awaiting a decision, did u try to contact them ? I got not straight forward mail two times after that I didn’t anything from I escalated my case so many times but they do not reply I hope me and ur brother get our visa’s soon let’s hope for the best 😊✌🏻
@Faro786

It been a month now since I applied for him precisely on the 9th of May and we got the not straightforward mail 5 days later on the 5th of June i sent them an email and I was told they escalated it but nothing up to date and I am really concerned because it usually don’t take this long because I did same for my husband and mother in law and it was very fast at their time.

Yunis1978
Newly Registered

Post by Yunis1978 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi,

I appeal against UK visas and immigration refusal decision on January 2019, The appeal has been withdrawn on 26/03/2019, I also received the court confirmation that the appeal has been withdrawn on May 2019. However I not received any news from the making decision center regarding my wife visa, I would be grateful if anyone could give me some information bout the next step and how long it will take.

Kind regards

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 am

Thank you to all the wonderful people who have helped me in this forum. I am very grateful to get all your help. I got my passport deliver today via courier . It took 13 working days . I got a visa stamp on date 7th June 😃.Good luck to everyone for your application.

Adey

Post by Adey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 am

Congratulations on those who have had success with their family permit.

Please gurus in the house

I will like to ask if this is normal I submitted my application and got my passport back after 16 working days.

In April 9th I submitted that of my dependant and till date I haven't heard anything back.

However in April 30 i received a mail saying application wasn't straightforward. I called and case was escalated.

Till date nothing from them. My sister in the UK who is the sponsor called this morning and she was told that application has been reviewed but decision not made

Is this normal? Has anyone had a case like this or knows anyone who has had a similar case.

It's been 3months since my permit was granted 3 months left to expiration date I can't leave my children.

Any advise eill be appreciated.

Adey

Post by Adey » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:00 am

Hi Faro123,

Have you had an update in regards to your application?.

Faro786 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:59 pm
@ danidanita no I haven’t received anything yet I keep mailing them after 15 working days till now I haven’t heard anything from HO, I have been told that the HO sent me a reply on March 4th but unfortunately I didn’t receive that email I keep emailing them all they tell me is that my application is being considered and awaiting a decision, on they told me my application is being reviewed, the last time they escalated was on 9th April till now I haven’t got no response, it was my third escalation let’s hope for the best hope we all get our visa’s soon ✌🏻 I’ll keep u guys updated if I receive anything thank u good luck to everyone

profindar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by profindar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:33 am

Hi All,

I need your advice please.... my mum applied for the EEA FP from Nigeria back in January 2019 via TLS and there has not been any response on the application status.

I contacted UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre who have been escalating and re-escalating the case for more than 3 times now but yet no update.

Please advise on what other approach to take.

Thank you.

Faro786
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Faro786 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 pm

@ Adey I contacted them a week ago still the status of my application is being considered and awaiting a decision , they keep escalating but I got no response from the relevant department, I’m waiting since January they keep escalating my case that’s it in April the the relevant department sent me an email but I didn’t receive it I replied them that I haven’t received their email but all they do is escalating but nobody respond , I hope we all hear a good news soon and get our visa’s soon and join our families

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:26 am

When applying for EEA Family Permit Online.....do we need to upload all the supporting documents online or do we have to submit them at TLS centre?

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 pm

I need answers to this question too. Further more are we to upload the the application forms ourselves?

Will appreciate someone answering this.

Best regards

Adey

Post by Adey » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Waoh Faro, that's a longtime you have been waiting, how have you been coping. I pray so too. It's not been an easy wait.

@ Adey I contacted them a week ago still the status of my application is being considered and awaiting a decision , they keep escalating but I got no response from the relevant department, I’m waiting since January they keep escalating my case that’s it in April the the relevant department sent me an email but I didn’t receive it I replied them that I haven’t received their email but all they do is escalating but nobody respond , I hope we all hear a good news soon and get our visa’s soon and join our families
[/quote]

sark91
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sark91 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Hello All
I wanted to share my timeline and experience with UK EEA family permit. Pakistani married to a Norwegian national.
We got engaged in Feb 2018 and got married in December 2018. We have a relationship of over 10 years before marriage only through social media and calls.

Online application: 24 May 2019
Biometric: 29 May 2019
Receipt acknowledgment and prepared for ECO consideration: 29 May 2019
VFS email passport ready for collection: 17 June 2019
Passport collection: 17 June 2019 with EEA FP inside dated 08 June 2019 :)

(Application from Lahore, Pakistan)

Documents submitted:
Cover letter from my wife explaining our relationship and future plan
Passport copies
Marriage certificate
Family Registration certificate
Few chat and call history from 2014 to 2018
Engagement, Marriage and honeymoon photographs with dates
Air tickets and hotel invoices of honeymoon

In my experience, you have to focus most on proving your relationship and marriage. And of course the Prayers and help from GOD :). Just stay positive and believe.

I am very grateful I came across this group so I knew what to prepare and submit. Thanks all for sharing. I wish you all the best of luck with your application.

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 pm

Congratulations @sarki91

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:20 pm

Congratulations @sarki91

Can you please upload a covering letter after deleting the personal details please?

It will be great help for others too.

Thanks
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }